Wednesday NBA and NCAA Hoops - 2/23

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wednesday NBA and NCAA Hoops - 2/23

A nice 3-0 sweep last night for a profit of 8 units! Guys, I have five teams for the fantasy baseball league and still need to fill 15 more spots, email me to get signed up!! These are my plays for Wednesday night....

NBA

2 STAR: SAN ANTONIO (-10.5) OVER Houston

The Rockets eight game winning streak came to an end last night at the hands of the Seattle Supersonics, and I think Houston is in trouble again tonight as they travel to San Antonio to play the Spurs. Everyone knows about the Rockets two All-Stars, T-Mac and Yao, but the MVP of this team might be Bob Sura. Since Sura got healthy and took over at the point, this team has been on a roll. Take him out of the mix and this is a different team. Sura did not play last night and the Rockets lost to the Sonics despite Seattle having a very cold shooting night, late in the 4th quarter Seattle was 3 for 21 from three point land. The Sonics killed the Rockets on the glass, collecting 17 offensive rebounds. Sura is going to be out for a while with a bad back again, and that leaves Rod Strickland (who looks just terrible and is not in game shape), rookie Michael Barrett and Jon Barry to deal with Tony Parker and Manu Ginobli. On the second night of a back to back, this will not be pretty. This is also a double revenge game for the Spurs who have already lost twice to the Rockets this season in Houston, and the Spurs are 10-2 against the spread this season when playing with revenge. San Antonio is also 3-1 against the spread in the last three meetings with the Rockets at home. Lay the points in this one!

1 STAR: Miami (+3.5) OVER INDIANA

Both of these teams played last night, with Indiana winning big on the road at Orlando and the Heat coming off of an overtime loss to the Bulls in a game that saw Shaq go down early with a knee injury, but I like the Heat to get it done tonight, even without the Diesel who will most likely not play tonight. Indiana is a horrible 4-15 against the spread as a favorite this season and they are only 4-11 against the spread in the second of back to back games. The Heat have been pretty good this season when coming off of an upset loss, posting a 6-4 record against the spread in that role. I look for D Wade and company to step up their game tonight with Shaq out of the lineup. Also, the underdog in Pacers home games this season is 20-5-2 against the spread. Take the points!

2004/2005 NBA RECORD

5 STAR RECORD 13-6 (+32.0 UNITS)
    3 STAR RECORD 17-11 (+15.7 UNITS)
    2 STAR RECORD 57-51-2 (+5.0 UNITS)
    1 STAR RECORD 57-32-2 (+22.0 UNITS)

OVERALL RECORD 144-100-4 (+74.7 UNITS)
    A $100 player would be up $7470

NCAA Hoops

2 STAR: GEORGIA TECH (+1) OVER Duke

This is a critical game for the Yellow Jackets who right now find themselves on the bubble for the NCAA tournament and they need a big win to help their chances. Tech has been a disappointment this season to say the least, but this is a betting situation for the Yellow Jackets that has been very profitable over the past seasons and has already cashed in once this season. Georgia Tech is 10-2 against the spread in their last 12 home games as a 3 point or less underdog or pick and they cashed that in this season as a one point home underdog against Wake Forest in a 102-101 win. I know that Duke has owned this team in the past, winning 15 out of the last 16 games against Georgia Tech, but I just don't think Duke is as good as their record suggests, especially on the road where they are on a three game road losing streak. BJ Elder will be in the lineup for this meeting (he was still out with the hamstring injury in the loss at Duke) and I think he will have an impact on the outcome. Tech needs this one bad and I think they get it, I look for the Jackets to win here!

2004/2005 NCAA BASKETBALL RECORD

5 STAR RECORD 10-12 (-15.7 UNITS)
    3 STAR RECORD 40-29-1 (+18.0 UNITS)
    2 STAR RECORD 51-49 (-2.6 UNITS)
    1 STAR RECORD 63-41-3 (+19.8 UNITS)

OVERALL RECORD 164-132-4 (+19.5 UNITS)
    A $100 player would be up $1950

Good luck,
    John

GL John. Great job last night
    1 of 1 Morons

Comment

I'm against you with you play on Miami. I like the call on Spurs GL tonite

Comment

Good luck tonight John go get'em again tonight$$$$$
        Every time i make ends meet ..someone moves the ends????

Comment

on both g tech and miami tonight love those picks

Comment

GL on your plays tonight John
            2013 NCAA POD Record

8-3ATS +3.80 units

2013 NFL POD Record

1-2 ATS -4.50 units

Comment

GL John!!

Comment

Great SWEEP yesterday John.

I like Miami tonight w/o shaq.

GL buddy.

Comment

GL john
                  Yo Time!

Comment

Nice 2-0 night in the NBA.!.
                    I'm 5-11" or 6-2" depending on which convenience store I'm coming out of.

Comment

thanks

took san antonio, your reasoning was right on

b

Comment

NBA 2-0 nice
                        1*=$50

Crusader MM starting qb at Oregon

Comment

Working...
                        X