Pitt vs. NOVA - your input please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pitt vs. NOVA - your input please

I just don't get it ( ??? ) . Villanova favored ( -4 ) ? A Pittsburg team that defeated Syracuse by 4. Syracuse crushed Villanova last weekend by double digits !
    Another site has a projected line at Villanova MINUS - 10 !!!

WTF ! Am I the only one here that thinks Pitt "should be" the favorite ? Or is this the biggest sucker-play of the day ?
    Your body is a tavern, NOT a Temple !

Don't forget also that Pitt. crushed Vill. last year.

Comment

I realize Villanova is HOME but...hey, they were home against 'Cuse also .
      Your body is a tavern, NOT a Temple !

Comment

I don't know...

Something smells fishy here..I have 70%+ on Pitt. early and the line still seems to move up in favor of Pitt. Opened at -3 for NOVA and now up to to -4.5 for NOVA...with the majority still on Pitt. side!!! Seems strange...any clues here guys as to the line movement...any injuries or update we should know about? If not...seems like a trap to me.
        "If you don't risk anything you risk even more."
        -Erica Jong

Comment

Also..

not to mention MAJORITY of cappers and services i've gone through so far have Pitt +4, I've only seen 1 post with NOVA and 1 service with NOVA...majority of services are riding pitt today as well.
          -Erica Jong

Comment

saw somewhere about a Homecoming game for Nova?
            Pitt has been playing good maybe time for a letdown?
            just being devil's advocate, i'm on Pitt maybe Vegas knows that and is adjusting accordingly, lol!!
            if you can get pitt +10, you can't get away from that

Comment

now, NOVA is up to -5! The line is sky rocketing!!!
              -Erica Jong

Comment

Pitt

Pitt is a physcial defensive team that often has trouble scoring. If Villanova is hitting their 3's it could go their way. Depends on whether Pitt can force their pace. Line does seem off, would think it should be pick or Vill -2. GL

Comment

Maybe this is the "fix" we didn't get in the Kentucky game last night arriving a day late (for Villanova to cover).lol
                  Last edited by savage1; 02-20-2005, 11:28 AM.

Comment

hahaha...maybe..just maybe.
                    -Erica Jong

Comment

vnov/syra was @ wachovia. more syra fans were there bec. warrick & Gmac are from Pa. This is on campus 6000 band box. much tougher there. i did think line should be pickem. i'll be on vnova.

Comment

I dont really believe in all the "how many services and posters are on them" thoer--how many millions of bettors dont use the net, dont use services---guys chilling in Vegas, etc.--none of us know how many people are really betting a game--bottomline-

If the line is going up, $$$ is on that team--Vegas is a business, not a fix.

Comment

Nova

Dont forget NOVA blew out Kansas in Philly! personally I am on pitt but I dont think for a second the line is out of whack Nova should be 4.5 over Pitt but it is goanna be close either way.
                          You can live with one lung

Comment

If you recall last year's game, Villanova was really competitive when 5 of their players were suspended for that phone usage thing. The line in that game opened at Pitt -5 and moved to Pitt -10, and down the stretch Pittsburgh couldn't hit a damn FT and ended up blowing the ATS win.

This has Villanova by 6-9 written all over it....though in the Big East, it's always so very tempting to take the dog and the points.
                            http://www.dcthrowback.com/blog

I swear it's not:

Comment

I am a huge Pitt fan and follow every thing about them. This is not a good spot for pitt.....CHACHING22 started to talk about nova scoring and this could be a huge problem for PITT. They are not a run and gun team by any means. Pitt wants to beat you up in a half court game. If nova is hitting there three's, this will be tough for pitt to match. Also, the three guard rotation nova uses could hurt pitt too. Much bigger game for nova as well......they need another big win to cinch a NCAA spot and where is a better spot than at home against a top 15 team????

with all that said I love my Pitt team this year......they fight and claw and never give up.. big wins at UCONN and at CUSE being down in both games shows what type a team this is!

If i had to bet and was not a Huge Pitt fan i would take NOVA.

this probably just confused you more....sorry.
                              check out www.dirtyoldshirt.com

Comment

Working...
                              X