Just Venting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just Venting

What Is Wrong With Baseball. This is just something I started thinking about after I read that Juan Cruz lost his salary arbitration to the A's yesterday. GoldVike's favorite pitcher, ShawnChickenChacon, with a won loss record of 1-9, an ERA of 7.11, and 9 Blown Saves last season (I think GoldVike had the Rockies all 9 times :angryfire ) signs a contract for next year worth 2.1 Million dollars. It can't be based on his past performance with a lifetime 23-38 W/L record and an ERA of 5.37. And think of all the journeyman pitchers with lifetime ERA's in the upper 4's and losing W/L records, getting over 3 million a year.

Then we have Juan Curz who last year for Atlanta appeared in 50 games with a 6-2 W/L record and a 2.75 ERA. He asks for $860,000 in arbitration and loses, getting only $600,000 for next season. Baseball is like Government. Pay is based more on senority than on merit. And we all know the dire straights government is in. As long as this continues ticket prices will continue to go up as fast as taxes.
Working...
X