Tuesday "Blake Rule" CB Play

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tuesday "Blake Rule" CB Play

How's this for a CLASSIC Blake system play for Tuesday night. "Bet ON an unranked home favorite hosting a ranked team". It does not get any better than this: Notre Dame (13-6) hosting UNDEFEATED BC (20-0, #5 in nation) and ND opens as a 1 point favorite! How can they be favored? That's what most will think and that is the beauty of the system. I doubt it will be as easy as the Florida ass-kicking of Bama as an unranked 4 pt fav. on Saturday, but I'll take the Irish to hand the Eagles loss #1.

Blake may be right, but as I have stated before and has been proven already a number of times this season and in general, betting against undefeated teams like BC, Illinois, etc. especially if game is pickem and/or you are not getting at least some points over time is a terrible bet over time;just check and see how many times services and others have failed already by going against undefeated teams this season when no or few points are involve.
    Don't get me wrong, ND may win, but believe me over the many years I have gambled it is a much better percentage bet to bet ON the undefeated team in this spot than against it.jmho

Comment

rudy rudy

hail hail to ole notre dame-dadadada-dadadadadadadadadadadadadadada-thenutt
      DON'T YOU EAT THE YELLOW SNOW !! PS-MARVIN LOVES SPLIT SALAD !!

Comment

BC has done well in this spot already this year as PK at West Virginia and PK at Providence. But ND is much better than those two teams. I also like the slightly better defense (ND), better 3 pt FG % (ND), and better free throw shooting (ND) not to mention a crazy home court. BC has the advantage on the boards but Latimore and Francis have impressed me lately. System aside, I really think this could be the team that takes down BC. Whatever you take, GL.

Comment

ND may very well win(I am not betting the game either way);my only point that in any sport, betting against an undefeated team at around pickem or betting against a team on a winning streak ATS over the long haul is a bad way to bet.
          As stated before,many folks this year like Godspicks putting out absurd GOY'S against undefeated teams like Illinois(last week) or for example several years ago betting against Oakland in baseball after say winning ten games in a row with "the due to lose" theory (they won 23 or 24 in a row before losing) are not thinking clearly.
          Many more times than not you will win by going with the streak rather than betting against it.
          GL and hopefully ND comes through for you; I see GV, Jeremy and some very cappers agree;so that is a good sign.
          Last edited by savage1; 02-08-2005, 05:27 PM.

Comment

Notre Dame

Bottom line is Notre Dame has played good teams really tough @ home and on the road and lets face it Bc is the least of the undefeated.
            You can live with one lung

Comment

For

those system backers the Irish now fall under the other one as well with the reverse team being favored. I saw a couple of very early +1 ND picks last night and they quickly moved to PK. Now they are the reverse favorite at -1.

HOWEVER.......AS I SAID VERY EARLY THIS MORNING.

LOOK FOR VIRTUALLY EVERY SERVICE TO COME OUT OF THE WOODWORK ON THE IRISH!

I think they are going to get one right........FOR A CHANGE!

JMHO! GV
              I am NOT schizophrenic......and NEITHER am I! Just paranoid that fear may overcome my insanity!

Comment

I think BC gets the win tonight.....but their gonna hit a wall when they play Nova pretty soon
                “Take No Prisoners”

Comment

GV, thats what scares me more than the game - there are alot of services on the Irish. That being said, there is no way this one can be touted as anyone's GOY. This one should be fairly close all the way with ND winning by single digits. Of course the services will say it was an easy win. A true GOY when a service could truly stroke themselves would have been the MD upset at Duke as a 12 point dog - now THAT was a GOY!

Comment

the Favored unranked home team over the ranked away team hits about 65% to 70% the last 4 years.

was 5-1 this year, but I stopped keeping track. With the Saturday game, it is even higher.

Comment

Doesnt Blake Have A Ruleo Not Play Agains T A Streak As Well...never Play Against A Streak???
                      its easy to grin when your ship comes in...

Comment

I am passing on this game because although this does fall into the system-I will not play against a 15-0 team as a dog-bottom line i dont buck streaks-i do think bc finally gets beat tonight-but i am not risking my money on this game

Comment

Originally posted by RJeremy
                          the Favored unranked home team over the ranked away team hits about 65% to 70% the last 4 years.

was 5-1 this year, but I stopped keeping track. With the Saturday game, it is even higher.
                          As important a question is what is the record of an undefeated team when it is a pick or a slight dog over say the last five years? Ranked vs unranked teams doesn't tell the whole story.
                          Blake -for whatever its worth, I am not touching it either;there are better bets on the board than this one, and I have seen too many people lsoe a lot of money going against Illinois and BC the last few weeks;loser Godspicks is a prime example of this.
                          Last edited by savage1; 02-08-2005, 06:38 PM.

Comment

You can probably find a rule or system to justify either side. I don't like playing a home favorite laying one point. But when an undefeated top 5 team is an underdog to an unranked team the oddsmaker is telling you something. They "want" you to take BC. I feel this fact is stronger than the "streak" theory. Bottom line, like GV, I like ND in this spot. They are talented enough to win this game. We'll know if they are in about 2 1/2 hours. GL.

Comment

Despite some 'Cuse free throw "flashbacks", the Irish hold on! Love the unranked angle - add some handicapping, and you have a solid system, especially this year (now 7-1, I believe). Hope everyone made a few bucks on this one.

Comment

Working...
                              X