What about lines 2.5 & 6.5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What about lines 2.5 & 6.5

In football what do you guys think when the lines are 2.5 or 6.5. In my opinion you would want to go against that. Because they want you to take the favorite since a touchdown or fg gets the cover. Would like to know what anyone else thinks about this.

Leo

First of all CONGRATS on your big play last night!

IMHO these lines (especially) the -2.5 are set TRYING to get money on the favorite to drive the line back to the -3 where they want it. Many people will gladly play the UNDER THE FIELD GOAL OR TD line (at 6.5) hence they are getting lots of money in on that play (if you like the favorite). BUT LET IT HIT THE MAGIC +7 and everyone wants the cushion (or run if they like the favorite) and the money begins the other way again. Maybe not as much with the +3.

I think the 6.5 is a big mover for them.
    FWIW......JMHO!! Gv
    I am NOT schizophrenic......and NEITHER am I! Just paranoid that fear may overcome my insanity!

Comment

Thanks for your opinion and on the play last night!

Comment

Since 1989 Playing home dogs of 2.5 is a VERY good 62% ATS. While playing road dogs of 2.5 is a poor 45.8% ATS. Overall 2.5 dogs are 52.8% ATS

Playing all 6.5 dogs 57.4% ATS
        Road 6.5 dogs 58.7% ATS
        Home 6.5 dogs 53.3% ATS
        Last edited by frankb03; 01-14-2005, 07:13 PM.

Comment

Thanks frank that was very helpful. I tried to figure that out but I kept losing track and gave up.

Comment

Playing the ML with 2.5 HOME dogs is also very profitable. 56% SU
            Last edited by frankb03; 01-14-2005, 07:17 PM.

Comment

Leo,

online books are hoping for the people who like the dog to buy the half point to add more to the bet in case of a loss.

Comment

Working...
              X