Big Spread Sunday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big Spread Sunday

After a couple weeks of complete domination by the favorites, it could be a dog-day afternoon on Sunday. I've never seen an NFL Sunday where the smallest spread is 5 (TB - SD). Most are double digits. If there is ever going to be alot of value with the "dogs" in this season of "favorites", this could be the day. Thoughts?

who says this isnt a trap? i think there will be more favorites cover than dogs this week. they are just hoping that people bite on the higher lines in my opinion. there is only a few dogs that have a real chance to win outright

Comment

Hi Art

Only a few games I like here, but I will tell you right now, I` really like `Da Bears`+7 / Jax...They are a tough team, always a good D, good coach, etc...I will take them + pts against any team, anywhere, as was seen by GB, Minny, Tenn...

Also like SD over TB....Chargers have really been pouring it on as of late, and are looking like a real team...

Not too many dogs here, but the one`s I do pick in the morning are usually roadkill by the afternoon haha

Hope this helps, and GL today

Comment

I think you may be right here. I haven't looked a the games enough to play any of them yet but I think it may be a let down day for the colts and/or Pats.

Comment

Insight

Hey sparks, just curious of why you think it could be a let down on the colts and pats, I sorta can see a little hesitation on the spread against the pats, its possible to see an upset but not to likely in the Pats home. however im staying away on that one and taking the over, how ever the Colts will just dominate and crush Houstan but im hesitant on the over\under on that one, no disrespect against Carr, hes a great QB but he just isnt getting the support he needs even with home team crowd advantage.,
          just curious of your thought process on that one.
          take your time, hurry up, the choice is yours just dont be late.

Comment

I'm no capper and certainly not a pro so this is just an opinion for me. As far as the Pats game goes, Palmer is playing like he's a vet lately and it just seems like its too many points to me the Pats have been covering week after week and if I see a bump in the road coming I think it could be here or at the Jets. It has just been too easy to take the Pats and watch them cover every week. As far as the colts game goes I think the Texans are a little pissed about Peytons 5 td day earlier in the seaon. And they sure don't want to give up 5 more at home and give him the record in thier house at home they have done well this season going 3-3 I believe with a nice win over Jax. and losses coming to high caliber teams like San Diego 20-27, Minn 28-34, and Green Bay 13-16. So I dunno man colts D is horrible and just think this Texans team is very unpredictable and will treat this as almost a playoff game as will the Colts. Could go either way but It's a tough pick for me.

:confused: :confused: :confused:

Comment

Everybody has fallen in love with the Colts and the Pats and why not, they consistently cover and cash tickets. So in turn, Vegas has to keep raising the line to try and draw action on the opponent. I'm not saying Cincy and Houston will definitely cover this week, but you have to admit getting 11 points at home with a solid home team like the Texans is excellent value. Just 4 weeks ago, the Colts were 8.5 pt favorites at HOME in the DOME. Now, with no significant injuries, the Colts are 11 pt. favs on the road! If the oddsmaker is that desperate for Texans action, I just might bite.

Comment

Originally posted by Art Vandelay
                If the oddsmaker is that desperate for Texans action, I just might bite.
                I will be one of those whom will bite along. I do admit nothing is a guarantee in this game, but with Manning play the way he has been + a faltering texans secondary...... Manning is going to have a friggin field day.

The only bad choice to make is betting against the Colts.
                NBA: 16-12-3
                NCAAB: 2-7
                3 Team Teaser (8 BB/10 FB): 1-0

Comment

I dunno man it could go either way, I don't know who I'm taking sunday but I just put my views. Don't be surprised if the Texans cover though or even win. I think even the Bengals have a chance of winning.

Comment

Working...
                  X