Clear All

• Sec Game Of The Year

20*********************GAME OF THE YEAR
    TENNESSEE VOLUNTEERS +14.5

Vols as a double-digit road underdog the past 3 years:
    2001 vs. Florida. Result: Vols, 34-32 +18 SPREAD
    2003 vs. Miami. Result: Vols, 10-6. +13.5 SPREAD
    2004 vs. Georgia. Result: Vols, 19-14. +12.5 SPREAD

three weeks ago on a thread that asked what will it take for the Vols to beat Auburn in the SECC, I said several things:

1) UT needed to struggle with both Vandy and Kentucky which should result in the following two things:

2) by struggling in those games Fulmer, staff and therefore players would not be fooled into thinking that they had righted the ship, turned it around, whatever you term it as they have in the past, especially the past two seasons when they soundly beat those two SEC weaklings

3) it would hopefully make Auburn a double-digit favorite.

Those have happened. The other things I mentioned were:

4) Auburn would need to be pre-occupied with the BCS rankings and be over-confident against the Vols, which may be the reason for the comments you are hearing from the plains.

5) Auburn would need to, due mainly to the above, come into the game with less than necessary intensity and play at less than their best.

6) UT would need to come in with that "chip on the shoulder," high level of intensity in which they did in those previous upsets you mentioned.

1-3 has happened and based on talk 4 may be happening. The question is will 5 & 6 happen. It is true, the Vols have went 3-0 as double digit underdogs in the past few seasons. However, it was true that under Houston Nutt Arkansas was undefeated in even more than 3 games in Little Rock and needing a win to be bowl eligible. Furthermore LSU, based on player and fan comments, seemed pre-occupied with bettering their bowl selection. The result: LSU 43 Arkansas 13.

Over-confidence or pre-occupation is not necessarily a pre-cursor to a sloppy, less than inspired performance.

Tennessee has double revenge after losing last two outings against Auburn

Alabama exploited Auburn and tenn will watch that game plan-Everyone expects auburn to blow them out-don't be surprised for the Vols to come away with an outright victory and clear up the national championship picture
    YES
    61.39%
    NO
    38.61%

GL like the call here I like the play
    2013 NCAA POD Record

8-3ATS +3.80 units

2013 NFL POD Record

1-2 ATS -4.50 units

Comment

Fine write up Blake.
      I'm taking Tennessee.

Comment

Good points, but when AU and Bama play each other, you can't look at that game and compare it to anything. I was raised a Bama fan and when those two teams play each other you can throw away all stats. I don't know how many times I have seen the team with the losing record go away with a win. Tennessee can look at that game, but that is not going to help them stop the Tigers from romping them.

gl,
        rj

Comment

great luck to you

Comment

tenn

Tenn will not score over 14 points. So if you think Auburn cannot score 28 or more against Tenn's sorry defense, then Tenn is the play. I like Auburn to destroy them

Comment

QB???

I go to Auburn, so this may be a little bit biased. If Clausen is starting at QB, I just dont see how they have any chance. Auburn has allowed one rushing touchdown all season, so I dont look for the ground game to be a factor. Auburn has 3 DE's in the top 10 in sacks for the SEC, so that should help neutralize the pass. Carlos Rogers is one of the top 3 CB in the nation, and Junior Rosegreen is one of the national leaders for INT. Granted UT did turn the ball over 6 times last game, Auburn went into total shutdown mode in the second half. I was there, and Auburn could have named their score at Neylend Stadium. I think the GA dome favors Auburn b/c the fast track will help Carnell Williams and the Auburn recievers. The Auburn defense is built on speed as well, so the turf should benefit them too.

Comment

!!! WAR DAMN EAGLE !!! The Vols couldnt stop N.D. It will be bad in the dome Saturday

Comment

Here's a stat you might want to consider:In games that Phil Fulmer's team has lost straight up they have never covered the spread going 0-31-1 vs.the number including 0-22-1 as a dog!!!
                  Only take the Vols if you think they will win the game and then I suppose the money line would be your best option.
                  Good Luck but I'm on Auburn

Comment

All comments make sense.....however, in a close game I sure
                    like 14.5 pts going into the 4th qtr........gl

Comment

UT lost both its frosh qbs. Clausen has to start, that scab has been there 5 years and never won the job. He was moved to the secondary at the beginning of the year. Don't see it but I hope the Vols come out on ROCKY TOP!

Comment

Left one thing out...

Tennessee does not have a great team talent-wise. They will suffer without Ainge. Someone said Ainge would play, but that is damn near impossible. Also, there is ZERO chance of Tennessee winning this game. Maybe a cover, but no way they win it.

Comment

good luck blake love the call what the hell does spiccoli know he said tennessee could not beat florida or georgia and guess what happened even more reason to play them go volsssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

Comment

WHEN?

When is the game...? My friend said its on tonight at 9pm.

Comment

For some of the reasons previously stated, I like Auburn...BIG!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X