X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wednesday's Service Plays Thread

nt

RAS...RIGHT ANGLE SPORTS.(EMAIL PICKS)

Virginia (-5, play to -6.5) at Northwestern - Game #767-768 - 6:30pm Pacific
    The Cavaliers have been ignited by the play of freshman point guard Sean Singletary. He is averaging 10.0ppg, 5.25apg, and 3.0spg and seemingly making everyone around him better. Virginia also has two solid sophomore guards to lend ball handling support in T.J. Bannister and J.R. Reynolds. Both got plenty of experience last year as freshman. In the frontcourt Virginia finally has a dedicated F/C Elton Brown who is looking better than ever and averaging 16.0ppg & 10.3rpg. They also finally have a fully healthy Devin Smith at forward. Smith is a versatile scorer and like Brown is in his senior year. F/C Jason Clark is another senior who provides quality size off the bench. Sohpomore reserve wing Gary Forbes is capable of instant offense. Virginia has more than enough talent. Northwestern comes in with a 1-3 record and losers of three straight. I watched their most recent game at Colorado and I do not recall seeing a major college team lacking intensity as much as Northwestern did. Their frontcourt is manned by two european players and neither seemed very interested in playing defense or rebounding. Last year, 6-2 guard Jitim Young, a 1st team all-Big 10 selection and heart and soul of this team, actually led them in rebounding. He has since graduated and Northwestern comes in to this game with a rebounding margin of -8.7 per game. The Wildcats have very little depth, size, or athleticism. While Northwestern always seems to start slow and get better as the season progresses, the Cavaliers have always been their best right out of the gate. Virginia has been outstanding thus far. They already own wins over Arizona by 18 and a decent Richmond team by 27 last time out. Expect them to continue their winning ways tonight, even on the road. Give the points.

Denver at LMU (-2.5, play to -4) - Game #777-778 - 7:05pm Pacific
    The Lions lost a tough one on the road at UC Riverside last time out as the Highlanders suddenly got hot in the second half going 7-of-9 from behind the arc in final 20 minutes. Tonight they return home and I believe they will be tough to beat here all season long. I sung the praises of sophomore guard Brandon Worthy in previous write-up and he surpassed even my expectations with a career high 26 points, 8 assists, 5 rebounds, 5 steals, and only one turnover in 29 minutes of action vs UC Riverside. He is an outstanding player and leader. Foul trouble limited both Worthy's and starting center Mathew Knight's (22 mins) playing time which hurt. Outside of Worthy, the team shot just 33.3% from the field and they were outrebounded by 17 but still were in the game until very late. I expect a much better effort in both shooting and rebounding tonight as they return to their home court. Denver returns a solid backcourt but last years entire starting frontline was lost to graduation and they are not a very good rebounding team themselves. I reviewed tape of Denver's game at Kansas State two games back and was not impressed by either team. It was an ugly played, low scoring game, and both teams lacked intensity. In last game, the Pioneers beat Eastern Washington convincingly but the result is a bit misleading as EWU played with a very shorthanded backcourt. Denver has a history of playing poorly on the road and the Lions won last years meeting in Denver even without Worthy in the lineup. LMU has a slight edge in overall talent, much better depth, and most importantly is playing at home. I look for them to bounce back with a solid effort here. Give the small number.

Comment

Net Prophet

college hoops:
      Ê
      Toledo +3 over East Carolina
      Northwestern +5' over Virginia
      Gonzaga +2 over Washington

Comment

Northcoast comp. dog play of the week is Green Bay.
        Sebastian comp. is Orlando.

Comment

looking for...

Marc Lawrence
          Locksmith (John Boyd)
          Alex Smart

Thanks in advance!

Comment

NSA has a ESPN Game of YEar. Anyone???
            Thanks ahead of time.

Comment

Northcoast basketball comp.(Billy Coleman) is Northern Illinois.

Comment

anyone yet ppp college baskets

been hot 3-0 yesterday 1-2 nba

Comment

BIG AL

CBB

3* Gonzaga
                  3* Illinois

Comment

Ripple

Right Angle's pix-are they 1/2, 1, or 2 unit plays?

Thanks for you help

Comment

big Al

Does anyone have a record for Big Al in BB?

Comment

any service play yet

im looking for JB sports, Marc Lawrence, Scott Spreitzer, Tally and etc

Comment

looking for:

JB sports
                          jim feist
                          scott sprietzer
                          dave cokin
                          tally
                          glenn mcgrew

thanks in advanced!! and i will have my vegas experts membership picks shortly and sporstreporter private play.

best luck to all
                          mm

Comment

Re: big Al

Originally posted by tonydungy
                            Does anyone have a record for Big Al in BB?
                            According to W2BO, Big Al has gone 9-10-1 in NBA/CBB combined in the month of November, a winning pct of 47%

Pretty bad...

Comment

Expert Freebies

BasketBall

Marc Lawrence = New Jersy Net
                              Mike Rose = Cleveland
                              Larry Nes = New York

Comment

Working...
                              X