Why Trade Allen??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why Trade Allen??

Why would the Bucks trade Ray Allen for Gary Payton? I am confused so any insight would be welcomed.
    You can't drink all day if you don't start in the morning

i'm not for sure why people think allen is a great player, that team has people who can score, they're gaining a true point who can play defense, karl learned a long time ago that this team wasn't going anywhere with a bunch of soft players like big dog and allen, we'll see how good allen is when he's on a team that doesn't have other players to open things up for him

Comment

i like the idea of the bucks having payton, redd, thomas & sprewell.

i just hope the rumor is true that they are dealing cassel for spree.

anyone heard anything?

Comment

you'd figure they'd have to have a deal that will go through to get rid of sam, adding spree and payton would improve that dream dramatically in my book

Comment

http://www.bettorschat.com/vbportal/...?threadid=5871

Comment

Personally i think Cassell could be a great 2 guard and i think that trade was great for the Bucks! If i were a Bucks fan i would really be excited!

Comment

The Bucks play at Seattle tom. on espn. this should be interesting

Comment

Allen is soft and weak defensively. Enough said. He's only a good shooter.

If they can get Sprewell for Cassell, their lineup will include Payton at point, D. Mason/Redd at the 2, Sprewell at the 2/3, Thomas/Kukoc at the 4, A. Mason at the 5. A little weak down low, but that trade a major upgrade overall

Remember, D. Mason and Redd are up and comers.

If the Cassell/Sprewell trade falls through, the Bucks have egg on their face. You can't have Cassell and Payton on the same team.

Comment

I disagree i think Payton, Cassell and Mason are better than they were with Cassell and Allen

They are much better now even if nothing else happens and that game tomm. should be interesting i hope they play!

Comment

I just read that the Sprewell/Cassell trade won't happen. It will be interesting to see how Cassell (nicknamed E.T.) reacts to this trade for Payton. Karl has been benching him recently in the 4th quarter - Cassell hasn't been happy about this and has been sitting by himself on the bench during timeouts. I guess he'd now only get minutes in the 4th at the 2 guard.

They now have 4 excellent guards in Payton, Cassell, Redd, and Mason. If Cassell doesn't get his minutes, he'll start his whining again.

Go Loyola.

Comment

I just don't know what the Bucks are thinking long term. Payton is old. I don't know where Mason fits. I love Redd, but Cassel will continue to whine no matter what. Sprewell would have been good being a home town boy, but now I guess that won't happen. Too many guards don't win championships. Could it be that the Bucks are up for sale and Kohl is trying to look somewhat good???
                      You can't drink all day if you don't start in the morning

Comment

This trade is easy to rate fellas. If Payton re-signs with the bucks, even for just 2 years, then they raped Seattle but if Payton walks this summer the bucks will look really bad

Comment

Both teams got a good deal IMO

Seattle needed to get something for Payton, who was definitely leaving at the end of the year. They had to throw in Mason who has some potential, but they got Allen, who is a great player. Defense is definitely not his strong suit by any means but this guy is one of the top shooters in the league. Albeit they already have a ton of shooters, but they couldn't let Payton go w/nothing in return.

Whether Payton signs w/Mil is a big factor as to how the trade is for Mil, but everyone knows Karl wanted to do something. This could end up being a big plus for them if they can keep Payton around. If not, they free up some cash at the end of the year. Just my thoughts. :p

Comment

Hey Phil Jr. - the trade looks pretty good after one night. And believe it or not, Cassell is not whining. Everything I have read indicates he is happy to have the glove. So Wayne's analysis of the trade looks to be right on. And the Bucks haven't had a guy play defense like the glove since Sidney Moncrief was in uniform.

Lookout for the Bucks in the stretch run.

Comment

I was never a big Bucks fan but i really like this team with their youth and payton's experience, i think Cassell and Payton can both shoot and you want to control the ball well what a luxary with these guys..... talk about mismatches! I never understood anyone not loving this trade unless you were a Seattle fan. Payton knows he has a much better chance to reach the finals on an Eastern team.

Comment

Working...
                              X