Someone help me figure this coaching Decision

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Someone help me figure this coaching Decision

Ohio State scores a TD with 1:37 left in the game to go up by 4; 23-19 conversion pending. Why would the coach go for two and risk a runback for two the other way when they still need a TD to beat you?

Help

Phil

Because if Mich State scores and misses the point after, the game would be tied.

Comment

Sandman

Thanks for the response but I still think the risk is still greater than the reward. If the guy picks up that fumble and runs it back score is 23-21 and MSU just needs a Field goal in 1:37 to win the game. Do you actually think the coach said lets go for two just in case they miss the extra point?

Comment

The odds of a missed extra point are MUCH higher than a fumble return of a two point conversion attempt. Odds are also great that it won't be a factor either way...
        Life is a shit sandwich and every day is another bite. The more bread you have, the less shit you have to eat. I want more bread. May you win all your bets...

Comment

I agree with you Flipper. Why go for the two, when a td will still beat you? You risk the runback for two points and then have to protect against a game winning field goal.

Comment

Working...
          X