NBA Play 11/4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NBA Play 11/4

Last night I had a tough push in the Jazz/Lakers game. Near the end of the game I was lucky for the push. I played and posted the game at 182. The teams averaged 41 points per quarter for the first three quarters. They scored 59 points in the 4th quarter, 54 points the last 8 minutes. Both teams combined for 23 FT made. Free throws are UNDER killers.

Enough with the bitching on to tonights action.

Cleveland/Miami Under 179

The total opened 177. It has moved to 179. I haven't bet it yet. I'm expecting both lines to continue to move.

GL
    Last edited by frankb03; 11-04-2004, 12:07 PM.

GL Frank
    1 of 1 Morons

Comment

Sorry I dropped Cleveland as a play. I forgot they lost in double OT

Comment

Originally posted by frankb03
        Sorry I dropped Cleveland as a play. I forgot they lost in double OT
        So it's just the under or is that play cancelled ? Just making sure
        1 of 1 Morons

Comment

Originally posted by Homer
          So it's just the under or is that play cancelled ? Just making sure
          Yes. I'm only playing the UNDER. I'm passing on Cleveland +8

Comment

cool. I'm game
            1 of 1 Morons

Comment

Are the crooked Lakers up to their old tricks so early in the season?
              I don't care what anyone says;based on what I have seen in past years, successfully handicapping Laker games and over/unders in games in which they are involved goes beyond traditional handicapping;read into that whatever you may.:D

Comment

Savage

I saw the 4th Quarter Lakers / Jazz game .

Lakes, down 27, were fouling after The Jazz were making defensive rebounds .... Jazz were pushing it rather than running clock in last 3 minutes ... Every free throw was a swish .... unreal.

One easy solution ... pass all Laker games ... side and total.

BTW - Northcoast Comp Play Thursday - In the ACC motor mouth came with Miami Fla over Clemson.

( Be Very Careful with any game where a Bowden roams the sidelines )

Comment

Originally posted by savage1
                  Are the crooked Lakers up to their old tricks so early in the season?
                  I don't care what anyone says;based on what I have seen in past years, successfully handicapping Laker games and over/unders in games in which they are involved goes beyond traditional handicapping;read into that whatever you may.:D
                  I was thinking of you and Coverboy this morning when I was checking the box score from the game.

I went to bed after the 3rd quarter with both teams scoring 123. In my mind I chalked up another win. When I woke this morning I was midly shocked.

Comment

Coverboy-good point;I didn't see the game but am not surprised. That being said, if a trend or a pick based on a trend on a certain Laker game is posted all over the internet, one might be best served to go against the trend or the pick.
                    We all know about contrarian investing in the stock market;same thing with sports gambling and even more so with Laker game or totals.

Comment

Frankie B / Savage

Rather than rack our brains on how the Lakers are going to screw the public every time they play .. I have an alternative plan and one I'll follow:

Ignore The Lakers and PASS their games ... It's simple , profitable and besides .... Fuck Them !!!

They are just too sneaky to figure out .

Comment

Coverboy-you are right.
                        I think if Lakers sense too many folks are going AGAINST the known trend, then they will ty to go WITH the original trend.

Comment

Re: NBA Play 11/4

Originally posted by frankb03

Cleveland/Miami Under 179

The total opened 177. It has moved to 179. I haven't bet it yet. I'm expecting both lines to continue to move.

GL
                          As I suspected the total in this game closed at 182 1/2. I ended up playing the game at 180.

There's a lesson to be learned for novice bettors regarding Totals in the NBA. If the Total move upward early in likelyhood the line will continue to move north. The school of thought. Over Players bet early. Under players bet late.

I originally, had Cleveland a play. Although, Cleveland covered the game I still feel it was a sound decision since Cleveland lost in Double OT the previous night.

Comment

Working...
                          X