• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• College Football Game of the Year

YTD: CFB 22-23 -4.55 units

4* College Football GOY
    Houston -13 1/2 (-120)
    I look for everything to be perfect in my one game of the year and this is it for college. Houston played three tough games in row on road and played respectably in all, losing each and then came home last week to convincingly beat Tulane 24-3. This is their second home game in a row and they catch an awful team. East Carolina has no defense to speak of. EC has given up 163 points the last four weeks and has a terrible pass defense. Houston's multiple offense features the run and pass and this 2-6 team is hungry to blow somebody out. EC won at home last week but as a dog to Army! A home dog to Army---that tells you how bad they've been playing. Houston's defense is better than it seems and has iffy stats only because of its brutal schedule. I'll take the coaching matchup of Briles versus Thompson, get the home field, get a team that's improving and is better than its record versus the worst team in C-USA.

Also,
    2* Arizona State -10
    This line will keep moving and may get to 12 or 13. ASU is the third best team in the Pac-10 behind Cal and USC. Stanford is, well, Stanford. ASU's potent offense was shut down last week on the road versus Cal and QB Walter will look to break out here. Stanford was likewise shut out on the road last week but against so-so UCLA. Teams with good coaches play well down the stretch and teams with poor coaches fade. ASU's Koetter is solid and Stanford's Teevens is something of a laughingstock and likely will be fired at end of year.

1* South Carolina -3 1/2
    This team is killing me but I can't abandon them in a great spot at home against Arkansas. SC can still get bowl eligible with a win and played very well for three quarters against Tennessee. The number is reasonable. If I'm wrong, I'm done with them.

NFL: YTD 13-10 +0.6 units
    2* San Diego -6
    Hard as it is to believe, the Chargers are a playoff contender. At home for the second week in a row versus a listless New Orleans team off the bye. Is there anybody in the NFL worse against the run than the Saints? is there any team moving the ball better with a balanced attack than San Diego? Play (like the college plays) is posted early because I expect the line to soar upwards.

Most plays rated 1* with a few 2*s and one 4* GOY in both NFL and college.

If anyone is planning on playing Houston you had better jump on it now.

East Carolina starting qb Pickney, c Wood and reserve te Magee were involved in a car wreck and injured Wednesday. An open bottle was found in the car.

Many books have taken the game off the board.

Good Luck

Comment

love the play on houston-just hit them big at -16 then they took game off board-good luck

Comment

I just got -16

Comment

adding

1* Illinois -2
          Illinois is winless in the Big Ten and this is its last realistic chance to win a game (14 game conference losing streak). Indiana off a big upset at home against Minnesota and hasn't put together two good games in a row all year. Illinois has played some bad games but also some deceptively good ones, holding their own against both Michigan and Purdue.

The line on the games earlier in the thread is based on what the line was when I posted those games earlier in the week. The Houston line has obviously soared but I still love the play.
          Last edited by griswold; 11-05-2004, 10:42 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X