No announcement yet.

Wednesday's Headline...................

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wednesday's Headline...................

Don't ask me why but sometimes i try to picture the next day's headline after games. My first thought here is that Pedro should dominate and Suppan??? He is a dog soley because people think St Louis has to win and they are undefeated in the playoffs at home. Pedro has waited a long time for this and i think he will be bringing it. Can Suppan pitch that kind of game? Only time will tell. Now back to my headline. I've seen it up here all to many times when Red Sox fans always think the worst. The Headline,

"Boston Up 3-0, Oh No!"

I think Boston wins tonight and the talk starts.

"Can it happen twice in one postseason" (You know, a team up 3-0 that loses a series.)

Then it happens. Boston loses games 4 and 5 with Lowe and Wakefield. The talk starts about Schilling and "Oh my god, what if he can't pitch!" and "The curse is still alive and going to come back and break our hearts".

This might not happen but it's what goes on up here all the time. If Boston loses tonight then i think they could be down 3-2 heading back to Boston. If that's the case, the panic with Schilling's foot will be everywhere.

I could be wrong but if Pedro is on (like i think he will be), all St Louis money will be banging their head off the wall wondering what they were thinking. Once again this whole scenario might not come to fruition but it's my thoughts on things. :D :D

Wayne

Told you, great minds think alike
    Best Of Luck

Comment

They must!!! I do the same thing Wayne with the Headlines!!! Not all the time But sometimes!!! Best of Luck Partner!!! Woody!

Comment

Let's not forget the 1986 WS when Boston won the first two games in NY only to lose the series.

Don't get too far ahead of yourself.

GL

Comment

The Bloody Red Sock

Great minds do think alike! Wiz and wayne you two are all over this,looks like Boston might sweep the damm series the way Saint Louis is playing! If it does wind up going 6 or 7. The hype for Schilling and the bloody red sock will be enormous!!!
          [I]The Saxon Dog[/IThe Saxon Dog ]

Comment

Sox win. Thaaaa Red Sox WINNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!
            Last edited by savage1; 10-26-2004, 11:45 PM.

Comment

1 more time.

GO SOX!!!!!!!!!
              2013 NCAA POD Record

8-3ATS +3.80 units

2013 NFL POD Record

1-2 ATS -4.50 units

Comment

Did my headline make any paper today?

I hit it right on the nose, their all talking the way i thought they would today!!!

Comment

Looks like

Frank and coverboy are twins
                  Wayne, wishing you the best.
                  You've waited long enough.
                  People have nothing better to do than piss on your parade.

Comment

Working...
                  X