No announcement yet.

Kerry vs Bush

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

None taken. I just hope people put this election behind them and everyone move one. I really don't care for either Bush or Kerry, but people need not blame the president for their problems. He can't control everything nor fix everything. The economy going bad was not his fault, nor was the economy booming all due to Clinton. Iraq was going to happen, just a matter of time. I have a doctor from Iraq that lives a few houses down and they are a very proud culture. His family loves the fact they will finally be a free nation, but they also know the problems going on now will last for the next 4 or 5 years. They voted for Bush for the reason that Bush wants to finish what he started. Would Kerry have done a better job? I have no idea. Hopefully our country will be a better place before the next election.
    JW, you sure that is your brother in law?

Comment

Hoosier, Where are you from

Originally posted by Hoosier Daddy
      never said you were uneducated, just that the most uneducated states voted Bush. That's a fact.

BTW, nice effort vs. Baylor last week.
      I'm not gonna be drawn into this battle of nitwits other than to say this. When this uneducated hick from Mississippi (who got his MBA from Stanford) looks at the electoral map he sees that, based upon Hoosier's criteria, the vast majority of States in this country are "uneducated". Oh, to reside in one of those "enlightened" (few) blue states on my map...

Or...am I missing the logic of Hossier's argument. If you live in an uneducated state, you must have voted Republican...But does that, therefore, say that if you voted Republican you live in an uneducated environment? Frankly, most of us in the red states believe if the blue states wanted to secede and form their own government, we could coexist peacefully...

Comment

Four more years of daddys boy in white house. It makes me sick. look for more job losses, a higher deficit and more young Americans dying for George and his Saudi buddies oil.

Comment

edit
          Last edited by gbc; 11-03-2004, 10:51 PM.

Comment

Just another person with a college degree (UNC-CH) voicing his uneducated opinion. You liberals have alot of nerve calling Republican voters uneducated. Have you looked at how many welfare cheats, and non graduates vote Democrat? Please, I beg of you, keep up the hatred and let the Michael Moores and P Diddys lead you. It will NEVER work again. As usual, liberals look down on those who disagree with their point of view instead of just acknowledging a difference of opinion. Again, keep it up and you'll be back here bitching in 4 years.

Comment

Biloxi

I like your views man. Maybe we should secede. Kerry could lead the blue states and Bush the red. The split would help both sides economically and the blue states could have their gay marriage that they want so bad. Thank God I live in Texas were men are men and our women are proud of it.
              The 1927 Yankees weren't the best team ever. What everyone fails to realize is that the year before, with the exact same team, they lost to the Cardinals in the World Series.

Comment

Job loss now (-700,000) is the same as when Clinton left office (-700,000) so give it a rest already

Comment

SOUTHERN D., I'M 6-6 225LBS 59 YEARS OLD AND DON'T EVER SAY FUCK MISSISSIPPI AGAIN, I WAS IN VIET NAM 3 YEARS AND WAS IN THE MARINES. SO FUCKING WHAT!!!!! BUT DON'T KNOCK MY STATE. I AM A REPUBLICAN, AND UNTIL LBJ GAVE THIS COUNTRY AWAY, JIMMY CARTER SCREWED IT UP EVEN WORSE. I WAS A DEMOCRAT, I BELIEVE WORK FOR WHAT YOU NEED AND NOT SIT ON YOUR ASS AND WAIT FOR SOMEONE TO GIVE IT TO YOU.NOW DAYS A LOT OF PEOPLE JUST GO STEAL WHAT THEY WON'T, MOST REPUBLICANS WORK FOR IT, I AM SO GLAD BUSH IS PRESIDENT AND NOT THAT KERRY LEFT WING BUZZARD. I'M SO GLAD KERRY IS OUT OF THE PICTURE. IF YOU DON'T LIKE THIS PLEASE LET ME KNOW, I HAVE RETIRED AND WORK OUT 3 DAYS A WEEK, MAYBE WE COULD MEET FOR SOME HOT TEA AND CRUMPETS!!!!! LET ME KNOW, ALL I HAVE IS TIME.

GOOD LUCK ON ALL YOUR BETS.
                  jt4545

Fat Tuesday's - Home

Comment

JT

Dude I don't think you've read my previous posts. I'm as hardcore a Republican as anyone out there. I said that statement because that dude was fuckin with me from Mississippi. However, as you can see I have more respect for any Southern state than any yankee state. I would like to challenge you in the ring though. You sound like you might give me a challenge. Glad to hear that you're retired. Good luck with that and continue to vote Republican! If not we Southerners are all fucked.
                    The 1927 Yankees weren't the best team ever. What everyone fails to realize is that the year before, with the exact same team, they lost to the Cardinals in the World Series.

Comment

Amazing how people can take a statement and twist it into something different (te14). I never said that Republicans are uneducated, nor am I one to stereotype and lump & dump (like many Repubs like to do). I stated that the most educated states voted Democratic. It's a fact that the states with the highest percentage of college graduates all voted for Kerry, with the exception of Colorado which I think is #6 or 7.

It's also a fact that the states that voted Republican have a higher unemployment rate. Granted, I'm sure everyone on this board has a job or is retired, but statistics show that to be the case. So all those people can be happy that Steve & Jim won't get married, but they're still going to be unemployed and poor.

And te14, liberals look down on people who disagree with their point of view and Repubs agree to disagree? Are you serious? I just pray that in 4 years (assuming the USA is still around), that Cheney runs......no way in hell that guy gets elected. I'm hoping for McCain or Barack Obama.

Comment

Please, I'm not going to argue state vs state intelligence and if I misunderstood or misstated your position, I apologize. I never said Repubs don't sterotype either- I think both sides do. But statements like: "if the USA is still here 4 years from now" are ridiculous and are the ones that infuriate Repubs. You can certainly disagree with Bush all you want but the fact that you portray him as someone who wants to do this country harm is offensive to those of us on the other side. And there is no way Cheney runs in 4 years. He's not electable as a Pres. But I hope your side elects Hillary, that way we'll win again. I really don't know who we'll go with- could be Giuliani, Frist? I think McCain may be too old by then.

Comment

It doesn't matter about education or anything else. The only thing that matters is the vote happened and Bush won.

You could easily twist it the other way around and suggest that it was due to the sophistication of 21st century enlightenment that caused Kerry to stay as close as he did, and that we narrowly escaped going down the wrong path because of the new age freaks that have lost touch with reality. Do you see how ugly it could get?

Why argue? That's what these government elitist want you to do is argue over menial things. This election gave us two figure heads to choose between giving the illusion of freedom, but those two were our only two choices because that is the way the system is set up by design. They can't just let anyone run. They say they can, but they give no exposure--or negative exposure--to anyone other than who they want to run.

That's why Kerry won Iowa primary despite the Fact that every pole had him a distant 4th and Gephart a 2-1 landslide fave. They wanted Kerry in there and they got what they wanted. In 2008 we will see a Clinton-Schwartznegger matchup because that's who they want.

Do you see? It depends on perspective. Since when is Academia the measure? Some believe that the increasingly high priority on Academia over the last 40 years or so has taken people's eyes off of things that are far more important.

People have the right to see things from there own cultural persective and to vote that way, and no matter what the more educated believe or think about how things ought to be, Kerry still lost.

This is all assuming of course that the election was on the up and up, which I question whether or not it was...

dave

Comment

I'll finish with this:

With such an overwhelming popular vote victory, it's obvious to me that the majority of voters figure that the traditional values and moral character of this country, can best be served by George W. Bush.

That's just me, calling it like I see it.

Regards,
                            John

Comment

Working...
                            X