No announcement yet.

NFL Week 8..........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

you sure would think Buffalo makes sense, but Drew Bledsoe looks like one of the worst QBs in the league. Did anyone watch his pathetic ass last week? I needed one TD for a huge teaser bet and he throws 4 picks, 3 in the red zone, one returned for a TD and one setting up a FG. I just can't bring myself to bet on that slug anymore this year. Hope you hit 'em all, I have been so bad in the NFL the last 4 weeks I've stopped posting. Something like 4-27 overall, usually after having a very good Saturday in NCAA.

Comment

Playing all 3 with ya....good luck

Comment

Here is my final play for Sunday's card........

2 STAR: WASHINGTON (+2) OVER Green Bay

Washington had a bye week to get ready for this game against the Packers who are coming off of two huge home wins over Detroit and Dallas. This is great spot for a Green Bay let down as teams that win by 14 points or more two weeks in a row are usually a good go against in the third week. The Packers secondary is very banged up and may be forced to start rookies at both corner positions in this game. Thats not a good thing considering how bad the defense is when they are healthy. Mark Brunell should finally be able to get something going through the air, and the passing game should benifit from Clinton Portis being the focus for the Packers defense. The Washington defense is currently ranked #1 in the league and I think they will do a good job in this game. Green Bays offense explosion the last two weeks was aided by their opponents turnovers, I don't expect the Skins to do that here. Washington is going to pound Portis who should at least go for 150 yards rushing. Take the points as the home dog will bite here!
        Good luck,
        John

Comment

EZ, not second guessing your pick, but I wanted to let you know about a few discrepencies in your write up about the one team I know most about......Packers last game was won at home, the Detroit game was won on the road in Detroit, in fact they are unbeaten on the road. Green Bay's offensive explosion the last two weeks was just that, not due to turnovers. Javon Walker is leading the league in receiving yards and Ahman Green is finally getting going, they also have Davenport back and people are starting to see the offense that everyone predicted the Packers to have at the beginning of the season.
          Last week against the Cowboys there were no turnovers in the game, the week before against Detroit, Sharper intercepted a Harrington pass and ran it back for a TD. That was the only turnover in the game. GB has given up 99 yards rushing the last two games and have James Lee and a huge Grady Jackson back on the D line. There secondary is banged up and might be starting two rookies at corner, Ahmad Carrol and Horton, although don't be suprised if Al Harris does start. Just thought I would throw in my 2 cents. GL this weekend on all of your games.

Comment

gbc,

You are correct, they beat Detroit on the road and the Dallas did not turn it over (even though it seems as if they did!).

I still think the Skins get this one. I'm not sold on the fact that the Pack has completly turned it around.
            Good luck,
            John

Comment

Yea, I'm not sold that they have turned it around yet either, there secondary is very suspect. Also just read both Favre and Green were held out of practice yesterday. Favre's wrist is still pretty swollen and Green's achilles is still bothering him.

Comment

agree witn three things

1. NE over Pitt (Pitt is really banged up)
                2. Wash over GB (I still am unsure GB should be a road fav)
                3. NWO is an asshole
                Let it Ride

Comment

Good luck,
                  John

Comment

John :

I would bump a post up that agrees a ton with you on the Green Bay game , but its also got a ton of asshole in it to .

Farves hand has been visibly black & blue all week (throwing-hand) and even though he will start I am banking on it getting tweaked a time or two during this match-up . And Greens not a picture of health either even though I think Davenports a great back-up and maybe a better runner overall .

My Dog of the Week here , so Good Luck my man

***MMM***
                    " The Wind Does Not Wait For The Tree To Bend "

Comment

EZ,
                      I am a huge Steeler fan but I have to agree with you on the game. The biggest thing that sticks out in my mind is the fact that DT Casey Hampton is not clogging up the middle. This my open up the running game for NE. A thought to remember,is that,Casey usually is Double teamed all game.I don't think his replacement will need that...Laying off of this one.

GL
                      2015-2016 Season
                      NCAA Football:0-6, -15 UNITS
                      LOCKS: 0-0
                      NFL: 0-0, +0 UNITS
                      NBA: 0-0, +0 UNITS
                      NCAA HOOPS: 0-0, +0 UNITS

Comment

Good Luck Brother!