Everyone seems to be over looking...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Everyone seems to be over looking...

A-Rod in that game last night. I've been watching sports, and listening to sportstalk radio last night and this morning, and I hear everyone talking about Sheffiled blowing some plays and not hitting, and how the Sox blew it in the 11th. What about either the top of the 7th or 8th (I forget now) after Jeter sac. Cairo to 3rd. Man at third and 1 out and your $25 million man can't make contact. The game should have never of gone to extra innings! Now I admit I bring this up because I had the Yanks......but damn....just make contact!

agree 100%.I have been a yankee fan since 1965 and i get more frustrated every year.This sounds crazy but without john olerud in there (except for matsui) there are no contact hitters.A-rod-o for 100 with men on base when it counts.its very easy to get hits and extra base hits when you are up by 10 runs.But let me see someone on this team get a clutch hit with the score tied.The only good thing here is that they are playing Boston and you have a better chance understanding what the pope says then the red sox winning anything.

Comment

Are you guys kidding me????

Do you expect them to get a hit EVERY at bat? If sure seems like it.

fjb2929, with all due respect your not going to get much sympathy with your frustration as a Yankee fan.

Comment

no, I don't expect a hit.....just make contact against an at best average pitcher (Timlin)!
        Last edited by Gookis; 10-19-2004, 10:43 AM.

Comment

I have to laugh when someone says "frustrated" when referring to the Yankees with all the championships they have won.
          If frustrated does indeed apply to the Yanks, then what word applies to me, a diehard Sox fan since 1952?

Comment

frank b

not every time frank,that's impossible,but you got to do better than leaving 18 men on base after 12 innings.I am looking for one or 2 good hits.

Comment

Originally posted by savage1
              I have to laugh when someone says "frustrated" when referring to the Yankees with all the championships they have won.
              If frustrated does indeed apply to the Yanks, then what word applies to me, a diehard Sox fan since 1952?
              Savage...how 'bout masochist???

Comment

Talk all you want about A Rod not getting that hit. Truth be told, Yanks win if Sierra doesn't have to stop at third on that ground rule double.

Comment

True, but that wasn't in anyones control......I was just looking at at the highest payed player in baseball being asked just to make any kind of contact, not get a hit, just make contact.

Comment

Biloxi-You got me on that one!!! lol

Comment

Working...
                    X