X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weekend College Plays

YTD: 14-16 -5.85 units after Thursday's winner on Louisville

1* Ohio State -1 1/2
    Iowa is not the Iowa of the last several years. Ohio State is 0-2 and in need of win after losses to Wisconsin and Northwestern, both of which are far superior to Iowa this year. Iowa, unlike years past, has a rotten offensive line.

1* Clemson -22
    Turnaround begins here for Clemson, now 1-4, and coming off three brutal games: Texas A & M, Florida State and Virginia. Tough spot for Utah State, traveling across the country for a non-conference game against a team that needs to win by a blowout. Utah State also likely down after blowing lead at home last week to North Texas.

1* Illinois +19
    Pick seems ugly but Illinois is better than its record and gave Purdue a very tough game a few weeks ago. Michigan comes off big win versus Minnesota and has Purdue next so might be looking ahead.

1*Kent State +13
    This team will eventually cover a game after repeated fourth quarter collapses. Kent was actually leading Miami of Ohio at halftime last week on the road before falling apart in the fourth quarter and losing by 20 (line was 19 1/2). Kent is at home this week and may show more stamina. Marshall a much weaker team on raod than at home and only beat Ohio U. last week by 3. This sounds crazy but Kent could win straight up.

1*Utah -22
    I should have posted this one earlier in the week because it has had huge line movement, starting out at only -18. Pick's a little shaky because the reasons are so obvious: big NC letdown likely after lucky win against NC State, NC has Miami next week, Utah is going for an unbeaten season and NC is the last BCS team it'll face this year. Everybody in America will be on Utah and I'm one of them.

Opinion only: (I've hit my last three opinions so I don't know why I don't just make them plays, but....) How about Navy getting the cover and maybe the win over Notre Dame breaking the 40-year streak. If Navy wins, they're very likely to go unbeaten and would definitely get a BCS bowl bid and Paul Johnson would be named coach of the year. Why don't I just play them? Six points isn't enough to get on a team that has lost FORTY in a row to the same team.
    Last edited by griswold; 10-16-2004, 01:11 AM.

Recap!

5-1 on the weekend as my CFB plays finally catch fire.

Putrid pick on Ohio State made up for by narrow wins with Kent, Clemson, Utah and Illinois and earlier post on Louisville. Hope to keep it going with solid NFL Sunday card.

YTD:
    college: 18-17 -2.95 units
    NFL: 10-7 +1.2 units
    Last edited by griswold; 10-17-2004, 03:48 AM.

Comment

Working...
    X