Sox are finnished???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sox are finnished???

As a die hard loyal red sox fan I can tell you right now the sox season is over. There is absolutly no way ZERO chance that the sox take 4 of 5 from the yankees. The series will go probably 6 games for TV purposes with NY winning yet again. Let me explain why. In order for the red sox to advance to the World Series they had to win the ALCS in 6 games or less. The yankees OWN game 7. They own the red sox in big games and there is 85 years of history to back it up. Boston cant and wont win 4 straight against NY. I'm sure the sox will win a game or 2 just to make the fans believe they have a shot. Bottom line is with last nights pathetic performance from the hitters ie. ****** Damon, and Kevin Millar the sox run for the title has ended. Also make no mistake about it the sox will be a NON-Factor in the AL for the next 3 to 4 years. They will unload much of the talent they have via free agentcy or trades for prospects. It pains me to see the sox fall apart time after time to the yankees but the bottom line is the sox have a bunch of guys who like to play ball and the yankees a team that has the heart and desire to win. I'm sure some sox fans will reply ripping me or whatever I dont mind. Sometimes you just have to call A Spade A Spade.

Bryan
    2013 NCAA POD Record

8-3ATS +3.80 units

2013 NFL POD Record

1-2 ATS -4.50 units

Ripping you? Naw... your are 100% correct and its a great thing... took yankees to win this series.. easy call as you can expect the sox to lose against them... People say this is a great rivalry.... i dont get that, in a rivalry it would seem both teams would win now and then, this has just been total domination.. for what? 80+ years?.. always nice to have a constant in the universe though Go yankees!

Comment

ice,

Who calls it a rivalry? Not me. Do people call the H A M M E R and the nail a rivalry? I think not. Boston will be back, but not for atleast 3 years minimum.

Bryan
      Last edited by 10DimeBry; 10-14-2004, 09:36 AM.
      2013 NCAA POD Record

8-3ATS +3.80 units

2013 NFL POD Record

1-2 ATS -4.50 units

Comment

I myself didn't play the series. Also haven't played a game so far in the series. But I totally agree. I fell for the Sox winning this series against the Bankees. The way they took out Anahiem with the Bankees have a hard time with the Twinkies figured the BoSox would take this series.

Course the series isn't over yet but I just don't see them coming back.

Vegas throw the nice hook line and sinker here. Making the Yankees a doggie in the series pulled the Public onto the BoSox. Real nice move by them again. Man do they have some Smart Cookies working there.

GL to everyone today
        1 of 1 Morons

Comment

As a Sox Diehard for 52 years(since 1952 when I was 8), I am afraid I have to agree with the assessemnt.
          Personally, I think they will win one or at the most two games against NY,, and feel after this season that they will lose enough talent to fre agency or trades so they will probably not make the playoffs at least for next season if not for more than that.
          Of course they will continue to sell out Fenway, and management
          will successfully spin their new team makeup to create the perception that they can win it all.
          Hopefully this assessment of their prospects for the remainder of series with NY and next season with have a reverse jinx effect.
          However, I really think at this juncture and without a healthy Schilling they have virtually no chance, and the famine for a WS championship will continue.
          Last edited by savage1; 10-14-2004, 03:29 PM.

Comment

Savage,

I agree with you 100%. This was the sox last chance to win it all for atleast 3 or 4 seasons. Next year will be an entire new look team. They will not do well. Wont make the playoffs and wont contend for a title. The team is going to go thru a major over hall after this year. Payroll will go down drastically. I dont know if the sox fans realize that the team is facing a team going from a team full of stars to a team full of rookies and prospects aka the INDIANS from 1997 to the Indians in 2000- 2004. Boston is in real trouble and its going to be difficult to watch in the next few years. Honestly the only team that will beat the yankees will be the yankees themselves. No one after this season will be able to contend. No other teams can conpare. It will be yankees in series every year plain and simple. MLB will be such a bore.

Bryan
            2013 NCAA POD Record

8-3ATS +3.80 units

2013 NFL POD Record

1-2 ATS -4.50 units

Comment

10Dime-Lets hope we are wrong, but I doubt it.
              Other than if you are the Yankees, it simply is not that easy to make the playoffs or in case of the AL, the wildcard.
              Sox had a shot of going to the WS and didn't get there although they got close.
              This year unless there is a major comeback, which I doubt, they will once agin be shutout.
              There are just too many other good teams out there in AL, teams which are getting better, to think that the Sox have a monopoly on getting there every year.

Comment

Current series line: Red Sox +370

Boston will be favored by at least -140 in each of the next three games. The fact that everyone is writing them off, including their perpetually gloomy fans, has inflated the series line.

I would not be shocked to see Boston sweep all three games at Fenway and I would not be surprised to see Schilling pitch at least one more game.

Comment

Man........all anyone needs to do is look back at series history in 7 game series...........lots of times teams have come back from 0-2 deficits to win the series. Heck the Mets in 1986 lost their first 2 games at home and still came back and won the series. Just last year the Sox lost the first 2 against Oakland and then won 3 straight. Yeah the Sox lost the first 2 games but they were probably the best home team in baseball this year so its not totally inconcievable that they will at least win 2 out of 3 at home.........then guess where they will be..........THATS RIGHT DOWN 2-3 GOING TO NY WITH 2 GAMES LEFT.........THE SAME AS LAST YEAR WHEN THEY ALLMOST PULLED IT OFF........so i dont see any reason to write them off yet..........REMEMBER THE WINNER HAS TO WIN 4 GAMES NOT 2................I dont care how many excuses you make for Kevin Brown.........if he even comes close to throwing the way he did his last start he will get rocked again......his last start at fenway he didnt even make it out of the 1st inning!!! He actually looked worse than Schilling did the other night. REMEMBER IN A 7 GAMES SERIES THERE IS NO REASON TO PANIC UNTIL YOU LOSE A GAME AT HOME..........YEAH SCHILLING IS PROBABLY GONE BUT HOW MUCH DID HE REALLY CONTRIBUTE IN GAMES HE DIDNT PITCH......NADA.............SO I SAY IF YOU ARE A RED SOX FAN DONT GIVE UP ON THIS TEAM JUST YET........REMEMBER EVEN WITH THE LAST 2 GAMES THE RED SOX HAVE BEATEN THIS TEAM 11 TIMES AND LOST 10.........SO WE SHALL SEE....................

Comment

Originally posted by griswold
                    Current series line: Red Sox +370

Boston will be favored by at least -140 in each of the next three games. The fact that everyone is writing them off, including their perpetually gloomy fans, has inflated the series line.

I would not be shocked to see Boston sweep all three games at Fenway and I would not be surprised to see Schilling pitch at least one more game.
                    Schilling isn't pitching again. It is just Red Sox luck. I love the Yanks, but I do see the Sox getting this back to the Bronx. It will more than likely be a 3-2 Yanks advantage and I don't think there is any way in hell that Sox take two in a row in the ALCS at the Stadium! I think Arroyo pitches his ass off tonight but this game tonight depends more on whether the Red Sox can finally hit. In the first six innings of Game 1 and Game 2 combined they are 1 for 37 :eek: Nobody, I mean nobody expected the Yanks to win 2 at the Stadium b/c the Sox wouldn't hit!

Comment

Working...
                    X