They're begging you to bet on the Yankees

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• They're begging you to bet on the Yankees

I haven't made a post in the postseason because I haven't had much of an opinion yet. I almost never play a favorite over -125 and prefer dogs but the Yankees tonight are a BAD play. The only reason the Red Sox aren't -185 has to do with the Yankee mystique and the Red Sox history of being snakebit. Those aren't good reasons to base a wager.

Facts: better starter----Red Sox, by far
    better offensive lineup---Red Sox
    hottest team last two months---Red Sox
    home field---Yankees
    bullpen---a push with Rivera's mental state after his weekend trip to Panama a question mark (if he's available at all)
    The Yankees might win this series but Boston ought to win tonight (if they can't win with Schilling over Mussina, when will they win?)

(I do admit the Yankees have an enormous advntage with Torre over Francona)

Re: They're begging you to bet on the Yankees

Originally posted by griswold
    bullpen---a push with Rivera's mental state after his weekend trip to Panama a question mark (if he's available at all)
    I agree with everything except the bullpen. I remember last season members at this site were question what Favre mental state would be after his father died.

We all know what happened. Favre torched Oakland.

Comment

SERIES LINE MOVE

THE SERIES OPENED BOST.-175 NOW DOWN TO -145 (WHATS UP)?????????????/

Comment

FrankB: I merely argue Rivera's a question mark. He might respond with great performances or might be off form. Who Knows? That's why I say it's a question mark, rather than a negative or positive.

Comment

No comparison to Favre

frankb03, do not make the mistake of confusing this with the MNF performance with Favre which I was all over BTW. In that game the ENTIRE GB team and their fantastic O=line all picked up their game and played for their beloved hero. Although I believe Rivera has the respect of his team, he is not held in the same light as Favre. Not to mention, this was not Rivera's father that LOVED football. Not the same situation. If Rivera does pitch, he WILL NOT be 100%. He will not be rested and will be very distracted. This alone is not reason to bet the Sox, but it NOT AT ALL a reason to bet the Yanks.

Comment

Pa

Originally posted by pa_picks
            frankb03, do not make the mistake of confusing this with the MNF performance with Favre which I was all over BTW. In that game the ENTIRE GB team and their fantastic O=line all picked up their game and played for their beloved hero. Although I believe Rivera has the respect of his team, he is not held in the same light as Favre. Not to mention, this was not Rivera's father that LOVED football. Not the same situation. If Rivera does pitch, he WILL NOT be 100%. He will not be rested and will be very distracted. This alone is not reason to bet the Sox, but it NOT AT ALL a reason to bet the Yanks.
            I agree! Rivera mental state is no reason to bet or not bet on this game.

However the point I was trying to make I highly doubt Rivera's mental state will be a factor. These guys are pros.

He will be distracted??? Give me a break. His wives cousin and their son died. No relation to him. I'm sorry if my wives cousin died I'd be sad for my wife. I highly doubt I'd be distracted from pitching a ML playoff game.

Rested? The guy has a private jet flying him back to NY. A four hour flight. Yeah, I'd be pretty worn out from sitting on a flight for four hours. Then sitting around till the 8th or 9th inning to pitch one inning. Yawn! I'm getting worn out thinking about it.

Why wasn't Favre 'tired' he flew from GB to Mississippi then on to Oakland then played QB. It seems to me that would be much more tiring than pitching one inning.

In all likelyhood we'll never find out. 6-0 Yanks

Comment

WHAT? ARE YOU CRAZZZyy!!!

AT ONE SPORTS BOOK OUT OF 1900 BETS, 71% WERE ON BOSTON TONIGHT!!!! WHO DO YOU THINK THE BOOK WANTS YOU TO BET ON?? DUH!! COMON NOW GRISWOLD.. THEY WANT YOU TO ACTUALLY TAKE BOSTON!!
              as long as you don't have to kill or steal for it.

Comment

Working...
              X