3 Wise Men Report – Thursday 9/2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3 Wise Men Report – Thursday 9/2

3 Wise Men … WOW !!!! Our first 3 games came in last night running our winning streak to 8 ( 8-0 ) this week. Then Pittsburgh was trailing 2-1 in the top of the 9th with 2 out with one of my fantasy guys , Craig Wilson, pinch hitting ( He was rested last night and not in the starting lineup ) … His dramatic homer gave us a chance for another WiseMen sweep and sure enough we took out Milwaukee in the 10th.

We're now 9-0 this week and 37 games over .500 since the All - Star Break.

Frank B and I were IM ‘ing each other on every pitch since Wilson’s homer. Frankie knew I had unbuckled on Pittsburgh as I had told you guys in the update yesterday. I’m so glad my guy Wilson came through …. not only for me but for all of us. I would have been so disspirited in writing this intro if he hadn’t.

Let me say now that there’s a lot of pressure when giving out games if you genuinely care . I had never realized just how much. Up until THE MONEY SHOT I wasn’t feeling so good after touting Pittsburgh as an “ Unbuckle” Play. I was thinking about each and every one of you who come into the post to wish us well each day and play our games.

Let’s hope we can continue to bankroll your football season …. As you know by now …. We LOVE making money for our friends. We’re proudful of what we do and I hope it shows.

The Plays for Thursday : Nothing of value on today’s ticket … there are 3 teams which look good but at a high price.

Florida -190

Oakland -140

Minnesota –140

Make a light 3 teamer if you wish. Protect your profits today and tonight. Back tomorrow. Root for Pavano this afternoon – he’s on my fantasy team.

Wednesday Results: Even though the work showed Pittsburgh as a 1* play, I liked them an awful lot and will played them strong.

2* Atlanta -115 Won +100

1* Florida Even Won +100

1* Pittsburgh +105 Won +105

1* Minnesota -105 Won +100

Tuesday Results:

2* Atlanta Even Won +100

1* Houston -110 Won +100

Monday Results:

2 ½* Pittsburgh -125 Won +100

1* Florida -110 Won +100

1* Houston -125 Won +100

Fantasy Finals Update:

My guys ( Except Manny , Bellhorn and Wilson ) seemed to take the night off and we lost the lead with the score being 104 – 97. Again he had a balanced contribution from his lineup. Very Exciting so far !!! I can just imagine this Sunday when I age another 10 years … LOL

As you know a 7 point lead is nothing in Fantasy Baseball … When my team was 2-5 to start the season we played the 7-0 team in our 8th game. I told the commissioner before the match that I guaranteed victory … (I just knew we were going to break out ) Well … into Thursday that week he had built up an 80 point lead . By Sunday night we had won going away …. 290 – 265 . That was the turning point for us.

Here is my complete lineup:

14 Starters

C. Wilson PIT C
    D. Lee CHC 1B
    T. Womack STL 2B
    T. Batista MON 3B
    K. Greene SD SS
    R. Winn SEA OF
    J. Edmonds STL OF
    M. Ramirez BOS OF
    M. Bellhorn BOS DH
    M. Prior CHC SP
    A. Leiter NYM SP
    C. Pavano FLA SP
    B. Lawrence SD SP
    J. Westbrook RP CLE RP

5 Reserves

S. Burroughs SD 3B
    J. Valentin CHW SS
    R. Mackowiak PIT 3B
    T. Wakefield BOS SP
    F. Cordero TEX RP

The Record:

First half of season

4* 0-1 -115

3 1/2* 0-1 -150

3* 11-5 +535

2 1/2* 13-10 +169

2*/1* 191-164 +689

All Plays for 1st half: 215-181 and +1128 as 100 per play ....+2383 if played as rated by stars

Second half

3 ½ * 2-0 +200 ( 100/game) … as rated by stars +700

3* 2-4 -220 as rated by stars -660

2 ½* 6-2 +410 as rated by stars +515

2* 13-6 +585 as rated by stars +1170

1 1/2* 24-21 +20 as rated by stars +280

1* 61-38 +1,763 as rated by stars +1,763

All plays for 2nd half: …. 108-71 +2,758 ( 100 / game ) and wagering as rated by stars has yielded +3,768

First and second half combined (thus far) ….. 332-249 and +3,886 ( 100/game) and wagering as rated plays by stars has yielded +6,151

Good luck to us

-Coverboy
    Last edited by CoverBoy; 09-02-2004, 03:33 PM.

GL today Guys. Keep up the great work
    1 of 1 Morons

Comment

Keep er going CB... Great Job and Thanks

Comment

kmann

Thanks for the explanation abut the listed pitchers yesterday. I was not aware that you were using the pitchers shown by dunkel.

Maybe there will be no lull before a good end run. Maybe this is the good end run. BOL. RFC.

Comment

Re: kmann

Originally posted by RFC
          Thanks for the explanation abut the listed pitchers yesterday. I was not aware that you were using the pitchers shown by dunkel.

Maybe there will be no lull before a good end run. Maybe this is the good end run. BOL. RFC.
          RFC: In the last 8 years using this System--the lulls always seem to fall in the same spot...I actually anticipate one any day now...short term---usually finishes strong---much like we're doing now...Rest assured---one is coming...We ride it out---then BANG...

Thanks for being a supporter...kmann

Don't make me go Cajun on your Ass!

Comment

The roll continues

Another SWEEP!!!!

The Wise Men has yet to lose this week.

Neil, thanks for the time and effort you put into these reports.

Comment

Re: The roll continues

Originally posted by frankb03
              Another SWEEP!!!!

The Wise Men has yet to lose this week.

Neil, thanks for the time and effort you put into these reports.
              Congrats!!!

Comment

Congrats on another sweep Guys :cool:
                1 of 1 Morons

Comment

Working...
                X