Fantast Football Guru's...Help!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fantast Football Guru's...Help!!!

Guy's I really need help. This group of guys from work had a fantasy football league. It was 9 guys and they needed a 10th so they asked me. They are all from an Ivy league or Big Name School so they thought I would be a pushover and an automatic win each week for someone. Truth be told, they me be right because I HAVE NEVER PARTICIPATED IN FANTASY FOOTBALL BEFORE!!

The draft is Monday, August 29, and I have no idea who to pick. It is a "snake" draft and I pick 10 of 10 (go figure). I just want to put together a respectable team. This isn't for big money just pride so any help would be greatly appreciated.

When I play I always take Running Backs first then QB's

Normally RB get you the most points.

GL and hope you show them up and take them down
    1 of 1 Morons

Comment

Homer,
      Thanks for the quick reply. A buddy told me to take Shaun ALexander with my first pick. So I will begin my research on RBs tonight.

Comment

fantasy football

I have played a ton of fantasy football/baseball and compete in 5 leagues (most of them have pretty decent winnings) in each sport. Snake drafts are much easier than auction drafts, so you should be alright being a first time player. I agree with Homer it usually behooves you to have a strong stable of RBs, however you need to gauge which positions are being artificially running up, so you may find more value with a Culpepper or Moss type pick vs a running back.

I think it is well worth your while to pony up 20-25 bucks to buy a research service like footballguys, rotoworld, espn (I think is free), etc. There are a ton of them out there and you can do a google search to find most. these services will enable you to cater your rankings towards the scoring systems, since there quite a few variations to the scoring systems used out there. also, you can tailor the list to reflect how many starters your allowed to start, teams in your league, bench players, etc. Also, these services typically have trade evaluators, which is the area where most rookies get beat up. Try to stay away from people trying to take advantage of you with the trades, so evaluate everything.

I am definitely a much better fantasy baseball player and finished twice in the top 15 (6th and 14th) out of 15000 entrants in ESPNs leagues, but I quit the non-money leagues. Anyhow, I do not claim to be an expert, but I hope some of this helps a little bit. Half of fantasy is as much luck as being skillful. Good luck.

Comment

I am very good in these things!!

I believe Manning and Culpepper will be gone before 10. If neither is pick one of them with that 10. I would stock pile backs in the first two rounds. 3rd round Qb if above are gone. Pick your Wrs later. I only say the first 9 picks before there will be 7 out of them picks will be backs. An Alexander or a decent back will be there for you. A huge pick would be Westbrook. He has fallen to low 5th round in some drafts. He will be in the top 3 NFC backs without question. That is my tip for you. I know a lot of this is luck, but I have won last 2 years and paced 2nd in the prior.

Comment

TAKE JOHN HOLMES' KID, P. HOLMES FROM K.C. IF YOU CAN'T GET HIM TAKE AL GREEN'S SON, A. GREEN FROM GREEN BAY. PEACE OUT AND PISS ON THE IVY BUT DON'T TOUCH IT. YOU WILL PUNISH THOSE PHEM-BOTS. BEST OF LUCK BRO'

Comment

Working...
            X