September Baseball Advice?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• September Baseball Advice?

Hello all. Cappers - Do you typically back off in September with playoff-bound teams resting players, bad teams playing AAA squads, etc? Baseball has seriously bloodied my nose this year (can't anyone close games anymore?) and I was curious if you feel it just gets even harder at the end of the year. Or maybe easier because the oddsmakers have the same issues. Thinking maybe I should just cut my losses. Thanks

Mike,

You can find great value with big dogs in the month of September. You would be suprised how many -$300 or more favorites will go down in this month, up just have to have the balls to play them.
    Good luck,
    John

Comment

Thanks John - I've had about $900 worth of balls disappear this summer. My last straw was betting a boatload on LA a couple weeks back when they turned it over to Gagne with a 4-2 lead in the 9th and he blew it. I've been sufficiently cowed. Sounds like good advice though. I think I'll just look for worthwhile dogs, scale back the $ and not post any bets until I see the starting lineups.
      Last edited by MikeS; 08-26-2004, 12:55 PM.

Comment

I know that feeling Mike, it has been a horrible year for bullpens. If I could have back every game that I have lost in the 8th or 9th inning this year, I would be up about another 60-70 units. It has been unreal. I'm still up over 30 units for the season, but I feel like I'm in the hole with all of these tough losses.
        Good luck,
        John

Comment

MikeS,

Welcome to the forum

Comment

Working...
          X