USC vs. VaTech O/U

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USC vs. VaTech O/U

I use olympic sports for my wagering. I saw today that the O/U on the USC v. VaTech game is at 54. Just looking to see if anyone can tell me what it opened at and what their opinion on the game total was. I checked yesterday and I dont recall a total posted on the game then. I assume the # came out sometime today. I'm leaning towards the under as of now.

Thanks,

BC
    Last edited by 10DimeBry; 08-24-2004, 03:14 PM.
    2013 NCAA POD Record

8-3ATS +3.80 units

2013 NFL POD Record

1-2 ATS -4.50 units

O/U started...

...at 59.5 at Olympic and was bet down quickly to 54.

SportsGuru
    http://www.GuruWins.com

Comment

guru,

Thanks for the line. All the input I can get is great.

Thanks alot,

BC
      2013 NCAA POD Record

8-3ATS +3.80 units

2013 NFL POD Record

1-2 ATS -4.50 units

Comment

10DimeBry,

Welcome to the forum

Comment

BettorsChat,

Thanks thats about the nicest thing a yankee fan has said to me in....well I cant remember....lol

I'm stuck in the capital of NY aka yankee country and as a sox fan its difficult.

I hope I can help the forum. It has helped me out alot. Anything I can give back I will.

Thanks

BC
          2013 NCAA POD Record

8-3ATS +3.80 units

2013 NFL POD Record

1-2 ATS -4.50 units

Comment

I've now noticed that the total on the USC/VaTech game has gone down to 50. Any thoughts. I orginally thought the under 54 was a solid play than sports guru said the line opened at 59.5. Now the total is at 50?? 9 1/2 points is a huge swing. I have to think the over is the way to play this one. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

BC
            2013 NCAA POD Record

8-3ATS +3.80 units

2013 NFL POD Record

1-2 ATS -4.50 units

Comment

From Right Angle Sports

This is the first email sent out as an early look. They have since made it an official play and say that the U 27 first half might be a better bet. GL whatever you decide.

One early look this week:

USC vs Virginia Tech (UNDER - No Line) - 4:45pm - Saturday - 8/28/04 - Landover,
              MD
              No total posted on this game as of yet but I am hoping for a line in the range
              of 44-49 to qualify this as an "early look" play. Any higher number than that
              may make this an official RAS 1 UNIT play later in the week. Many factors
              suggest this will be a low scoring game. USC only averaged 310.5 yards of
              offense (137.5 less than season average) in their first two games of last
              season. This year they will start the season with just two returning full time
              starters on offense unless by miracle WR Mike Williams (very doubtful) is
              reinstated in time for this game. USC has four new offensive line starters (the
              lone returning starter has been slowed by injury) who have good size and
              potential but as is often the case with inexperienced linemen they will be
              better run blockers than pass protectors in the early going. Practice reports
              have confirmed this to be the case. This means USC will probably be handing the
              ball off a lot to their impressive tailback duo of LenDale White and Reggie
              Bush. Meanwhile, the strength of the Virginia Tech defense is their front
              seven. With it being the season opener against the #1 ranked team in the
              country, they will be fired up and ready to go. Fueled by what is sure to be a
              partisan crowd, the Hokie defense should at least be able to make USC work for
              yards on the ground. When USC opts to pass, Tech should be able to apply decent
              QB pressure on Leinart who at 6-5, 220 is not very mobile.

Many teams are going to struggle against USC's defense this year and Virginia
              Tech will be no different. The Hokies will be trying to fill holes at RB, WR,
              and center where they lost three of the school's all time greats, all of which
              are in the NFL now. Two projected skill position starters RB Humes (ankle,
              probable) and WR Clifton (wrist, questionable) have been slowed by injuries in
              fall practice. I believe Virginia Tech knows they will not be able to run
              successfully on USC. Scrimmage reports suggest they will try to implement a
              short passing game with lots of QB rollouts. This in an attempt to neutralize
              the imposing Trojan defensive line. However, Tech lacks a playmaking receiver
              and the USC defense features great team speed as well as one of the top LB
              groups in the country. USC is very adept at limiting yards after catch.
              Without the help of a turnover or big special teams play, I do not expect
              Virginia Tech to score in double figures.

As a general rule, defenses are ahead of offenses at this early stage in the
              season. Both of these teams appear ready to illustrate a perfect example of
              this rule in this matchup. Both teams feature outstanding punters with VT's
              Burns earning Big East 2nd team honors the past two seasons and USC's Malone is
              a top NFL prospect after being named 1st team all-American last year. USC knows
              the only way they can lose this game is to make big mistakes (turnovers, special
              teams). I look for them to come out with a conservative gameplan early on and
              rely on their defense to set the tone. Play the under if line is reasonable.

If the posted total is less than 44: NO PLAY
              If the posted total is between 44-49: Early Look (recommended as 1/2 UNIT)
              If the posted total is above 49: Early Look + potential RAS official 1 UNIT play
              later in the week

Comment

gbc,

Thanks for the info. I was originally leaning towards the under for a few of the same reasons as you posted. My only problem is that the line has dropped so much I'm not quite sure what to play. Maybe just play the side and thats it. When I saw the # at 54 I almost bet it but, figured I had more time since the line already move downward from 59.5 when it opened. Oh well. thanks again for the info.

BC
                2013 NCAA POD Record

8-3ATS +3.80 units

2013 NFL POD Record

1-2 ATS -4.50 units

Comment

Just logged on to my book Olympic Sports to check the line on tonights game. USC-18 O/U is 48.5

The total on this game has dropped 11 points since opening.

Anyone have any thoughts on this game?

Thanks,

Bryan
                  2013 NCAA POD Record

8-3ATS +3.80 units

2013 NFL POD Record

1-2 ATS -4.50 units

Comment

Lay the 18

Comment

Originally posted by 10DimeBry
                      BettorsChat,

Thanks thats about the nicest thing a yankee fan has said to me in....well I cant remember....lol

I'm stuck in the capital of NY aka yankee country and as a sox fan its difficult.

I hope I can help the forum. It has helped me out alot. Anything I can give back I will.

Thanks

BC

The last sentence here is CLASSIC!!!!!! "Anything I can give back I will."

That sure is a joke Ron ... Does nothing but take up space around here
                      Last edited by Spark; 06-07-2005, 01:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by RJeremy
                        The last sentence here is CLASSIC!!!!!! "Anything I can give back I will."

What I have. Look at what i bring to this forum
                        2013 NCAA POD Record

8-3ATS +3.80 units

2013 NFL POD Record

1-2 ATS -4.50 units

Comment

What I have. Look at what i bring to this forum

You did give up your farm for the sake of some jerkoff capper's advice.

Comment

Originally posted by RJeremy
                            You did give up your farm for the sake of some jerkoff capper's advice.

That is the truth. Goes to show you how much he knows about capping....lol

PS where the hell did you find this thread??? You must have loads of free time
                            2013 NCAA POD Record

8-3ATS +3.80 units

2013 NFL POD Record

1-2 ATS -4.50 units

Comment

That is the truth. Goes to show you how much he knows about capping....lol

PS where the hell did you find this thread??? You must have loads of free time

No, just clicked on your name, and you can choose from show all posts by this capper or show all threads started by this capper. i just went to all threads started by you, and looked on the last page.......

CLICK ON THE ACTUAL AVATAR

Comment

Working...
                              X