Falcons 29
    49ERS 19

*Sunday Night*

Chiefs 28
    BRONCOS 10

*Monday Night*

Packers 34
    PANTHERS 31 OT*
    Last edited by Warrior; 08-16-2004, 05:44 PM.

what does this mean are these games you played on Madden 2005 and if so do they ever come out right that has to be fun
    Life is good Beer is my friend

Comment

md,

Yes, they are games played out on Madden 2005. I don't know how accurate they will be, and I certainly would not back a single dime on it.

I'm doing it for the fun of it. In the world of handicapping it is few and far between that can beat the spread. I do not think Madden's results will beat the spread either, but I think the results will be about as good as many.

I plan on doing the entire season and highly recommend that the results are NOT 'bet on' if they get off to a curious start. It's just for fun.

What I want to do is open the forum to whoever wants to pick ALL NFL GAMES each week. I think you will be quite surprised to find that the Madden games, or a dartboard, or heads/tails, will have about the same results as about 90% of anyone picking EVERY game on the board ATS.

It'll be fun to see just how competitive the Madden Game is versus all the research many of us do. The rules for the Madden Games are simple:

I only play the game one time. I let it play itself on my TV in the background and when the game is over, I move on to the next game. No second games.

The game is played with ALL DEFAULT SETTINGS. Standard Five minute quarters, no subs, injuries on, no adjustments, penalties on, etc. All default.

On the old games a few years ago, you would've had to up the length of game time to get any scoring. But the latest editions are very realistic with the standard five minure quarters. Realistic both in scoring (whether high-scoring or low-scoring games), and in margin of victory.

It's just for fun and will be interesting to see how it all pans out. The totals will be fun to track too with this year's version of Madden which, as I said, is more realistic. With the Chiefs and Colts, you'll get a very high-scoring game; Pats-Panthers low-scoring--for the most part.

I thought of the idea a few days ago when some of us at the forum where talking about the just-released Madden 2005. I shared an experience from 1995 when, one Monday afternoon, I decided to let my Sega Genesis play out that evening's Monday Night Football game between the Vikings and Cowboys.

In the simulation that afternoon, the game went into overtime. The Vikings threw an interception in OT and Dallas ran it back for a TD to win by Six.

In the real game later that night, the game went into overtime. The Vikings threw an interception in OT and Dallas ran it back for a TD to win by Six.

Freaky.

dave

Comment

WEEK 2

*Sunday Games*

Rams 47
        FALCONS 29

Steelers 17
        RAVENS 27

Texans 17
        LIONS 14

Bears 21
        PACKERS 24

Broncos 7
        JAGUARS 21

Panthers 7
        CHIEFS 10

49ers 26
        SAINTS 28

Redskins 28
        GIANTS 24

Colts 16
        TITANS 21

Seahawks 14
        BUCCANEERS 34

Patriots 10
        CARDINALS 16 OT

Browns 10
        COWBOYS 13 OT

Bills 13
        RAIDERS 20

Jets 38
        CHARGERS 17

*Sunday Night*

Dolphins 24
        BENGALS 23

*Monday Night*

Vikings 34
        EAGLES 27
        Last edited by Warrior; 08-25-2004, 02:20 AM.

Comment

Week 3

*Sunday Games*

Cardinals 25
          FALCONS 24

Ravens 24
          BENGALS 31

Eagles 24
          LIONS 17

Texans 31
          CHIEFS 35

Steelers 21
          DOLPHINS 25

Bears 12
          VIKINGS 17

Browns 31
          GIANTS 10

Saints 28
          RAMS 21

Jaguars 37
          TITANS 7

Chargers 10
          BRONCOS 16

Packers 34
          COLTS 10

49ers 14
          SEAHAWKS 24

*Sunday Night*

Bucs 10
          Raiders 23

*Monday Night*

Cowboys 28
          Redskins 31
          Last edited by Warrior; 09-03-2004, 08:26 AM.

Comment

Did you modify the lineups in Madden where some of the bigger players that won't be playing for awhile or not at all aren't in those games? Biggest one would be Ricky Williams with the Dolphins. Also other ones like Boldin for the Cardinals for a few games, etc... Dunno if Boldin really matters for how poor that Cardinals team is but should lessen their points for the first few weeks in the game.

Comment

No. Everything is default. I'm not trusting my money on it, so it doesn't matter whether those few instances are changed. Just doing it for fun and curiosity. Injuries are overrated anyway with very few exceptions. I'll admit though that Ricky Williams is an exception.

dave

Comment

Week 4

*Sunday Games*

Patriots 34
                BILLS 7

Eagles 14
                BEARS 21

Redskins 17
                BROWNS 21

Giants 15
                PACKERS 21 OT

Raiders 37
                TEXANS 17

Colts 20
                JAGS 13

Bengals 31
                STEELERS 34

Saints 3
                CARDINALS 20

Falcons 38
                PANTHERS 31

Jets 10
                DOLPHINS 23

Titans 20
                CHARGERS 28

Broncos 0
                BUCS 31

*Sunday Night*

Rams 34
                49ERS 16

*Monday Night*

Chiefs 19
                RAVENS 13 OT*
                Last edited by Warrior; 09-09-2004, 11:44 AM.

Comment

Packers 3-0 Start. I like it, but I don't think that Bears game will be that close. :D

Comment

Didn't know there were any Packer fans in Minnesota? I originally liked the Packers to go all the way this year, but I don't think that anymore.

I've got this year's SB Winner narrowed down to 7 teams and expect to get it down to four; one out of the NFC and three out of the AFC.

dave

Comment

Packer Fans in Minnesota

We are everywhere, lol. In fact there are a few bars in town here that you have to get to about 1 or 2 hours before the game to get a seat when they are not on a major network.
                      I'm a Wisconsin transplant 7 years ago form LaCrosse to Minneapolis.

I agree they haven't looked all that stellar in the preseason, but when the regular season rolls around I think you will see a different team, barring injuries. They are definetely not deep, other than at running back. I think the offense will be top 5 in the league, but we haven't seen that this preseason.

Defends looks alright, but it all hinges on the cb's. Lots of blitzing this year.

Comment

They could still go. Their defense improved dramatically the final 8 games of the season and the Packers led the league in Red Zone Offense and Red Zone Defense. They also were #1 in winning points margin in games they won and #1 in losing (by the least) points margin in games they lost. It could still happen. They'll probably be one of my futures. But when it gets down to it, only 1 team can Win the Big One, and I'm looking at 3 or four teams right now...

dave

Comment

Week 5

*Sunday Games*

Lions 30
                          FALCONS 35

Giants 20
                          COWBOYS 17

Vikings
                          TEXANS
                          Last edited by Warrior; 09-12-2004, 07:38 AM.

Comment

Anybody remember (I believe 2 yrs. ago) Microsoft (X-Box)was
                            simulating Mon. nite NFL on thurs., and it was hitting
                            at incredible #s ats, both side, and total. (something like 70%)
                            dont remember who posted it!

Also another member was running ncaa thurs. F/B on X-Box
                            and posting it, also w/ good + #s ats.

Dont play the games my self, but not
                            gonna argue the #'s.
                            G-luck
                            Bring-in-it-home

Comment

Working...
                            X