X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Of Inerest :

Toronto & Cleveland Under 9 -106

Lilly & Lee

Playing the “Under” in a game that Cleveland is participating in is admittedly a tough choice. The Indians underrated bats, mediocre pitching and sub par bullpen has led them to a 62-51 (o/u) record on the season. This trend has at least been less pronounced at the Jake, where the Indians sit at 29-28 (o/u).

But even with the Cleveland “Over” tendency, this game in particular could not set up any better for an “Under”.

Toronto is the polar opposite of Cleveland in that they have been an “Under” bettors’ dream this year. The Jays check in at 50-62 (o/u) overall, 26-31 (o/u) when on the road, 14-19 (o/u) vs. left handed starters and 0-4-1 (o/u) their past five games overall.

Much of this has to do with their anemic line up that is producing just 4.3 runs per game for the season, an unsightly 3.8 runs per contest when away this season and 2.3 runs per contest their past seven games overall.

Note also that Toronto has produced a whopping 2 runs of offense in their first 18 innings of this three game set with Cleveland.

It should also be pointed out that the Jay’s starting pitcher Lilly is about as strong of “Under” guy as you will find.

Consider that Lilly is 9-14 (o/u) overall on the season and 4-9 (o/u) when pitching on the road this season. Consider also that Lilly is 2-8 (o/u) when priced as an underdog in 2004 and 4-13 (o/u) when facing teams with a winning record this season.

This “Under” tendency is no fluke either, as Lilly has been this way his entire career. In fact, he is 23-46 (o/u) the past three seasons, 11-25 (o/u) when on the road the past three seasons and 12-32 (o/u) in night games during this same span.

Adding fuel to the “Under” tonight is the fact Cleveland’s bats have been quite cool of late as well. The Tribe has produced 3 or less runs in 4 of their last 6 games and is 2-5 (o/u) their past seven games. Along these lines, they have scored just 5 total runs of offense in the first two tilts of this series with Toronto.

Both of these contests have not only gone “Under”, but they have done so by a combined 12 runs!!! We can only scratch our head and wonder about tonight’s lofty number and will call for this contest to again stay far below the total.

Kill Bill and I often agree on alot of games and more often than not ..... they cash baby and thats what were here for

More as time permits

G.L.

***MMM***
    " The Wind Does Not Wait For The Tree To Bend "

MMM,

I AGREE, BUT I SMELL A RAT. I THINK IA M GOING OVER ON THE SIMPLE FACT OF A "FISHY" LINE. I SEE THE TOTAL AT 9.5

ANY THOUGHTS ON THE OTHER GAMES? BASES AND PIGSKIN?

Comment

Already Posted Weeks Ago :

Both Favs & Both Unders (NFL)

All my other games are done with

G.L.

***MMM***

Comment

MM

Hopped on this under yesterday afternoon at 9.5
        Only total I liked.

Good luck tonight...
        Forza Udinese

Comment

Played it!!! Best of Luck!!! Knock!

Comment

MMM. Just want to let you know that I used this under to complete my three team parley with SF and Montreal. Also I will be replying to your last note later when things quite down.

Comment

Best of Luck to Ya`ll Also :

I have looked at this and decided :

Pittsburgh (+3) vs. Detroit

Pittsburgh is going to be eager to get things started off on the right foot after a very disappointing 2003 campaign. On the flip side, Steve Mariucci doesn't use the preseason to win - he uses it to evaluate players.

Mariucci is 12-19 (39%) ATS during the preseason. Playing dogs against coaches that perform in this way has been a profitable endeavor over the years. Detroit's laying points here simply because they are at home but there isn't much of a home-field advantage during the preseason when teams aren't so concerned with winning and fans are less engaged while watching backups play.

Both of these teams have good backup QBs - Charlie Batch for Pittsburgh and Mike McMahon for Detroit. However, Pittsburgh's got the distinct running back advantage where newly acquired Duce Staley could see decent action and will be followed on by The Bus. Detroit's starting Shawn Bryson (who??) and his backup will be Artose Pinner (who again?).

If this line somehow grows 1/2 point to 3.5, note that Mariucci is 0-6 ATS in the preseason as a favorite of more than three points.

In any case, I'll make the Steelers a one unit selection in this one .

G.L.

***MMM***

Comment

Working...
              X