Champ for Portis......Bad move for Broncos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Champ for Portis......Bad move for Broncos

Maybe I am missing something but I dont see what all the hoopla is over Champ Bailey...........never saw it in Washington and still dont see giving up a franchise back for Bailey.

Everyone refers to him as a shut down corner.........I dont remember him shutting down anything is Washington. In fact their defense was always suspect and thats even with some decent talent....Smoot,Arrington etc.

I think this may be the last big mistake Shanahan is allowed........I hope I am wrong but I just dont see the Broncos having an identity now.

If they are counting on Plummer and Bailey I think they are in for an average season.

I think losing Portis is going to sting for awhile................

Any one elses thoughts on this trade????????

Trades should be judged at the end of the season...not after 2Q of a preseason game.

Comment

Hey dumbass........I wasnt judging after this game. I never even said that.................

Trades shouldnt be judged after 1 season anyway.....again a dumbass statement from you.........anyone can have a good or bad year............

You need to get a clue................maybe you have more productive ways to post........but probably since you dont know anything about football you have to come up with a post like that.........go gain some knowledge........ok...........

Comment

Don't call me a dumbass......did u ever think that with Quentin Griffin developing into a pretty good player and with the drafting of OSU RB Tatum Bell that the Broncos will be fine in the running game considering Shanahan is able to pump out RBs at will..... by giving up Portis, they got Pro Bowl CB to help their defense......Portis could never get over the fact that he was drafted in the second round so he became selfish in the off-season and threatened to sit out the first 10 games of the year....and by the way it's a team game just go ask Bill Belichick!
        Last edited by Ripped71; 08-10-2004, 12:11 AM.

Comment

Shanahan has been no better than a .500 coach since Elways retired and Davis went down to injury..........He has made mistake after mistake in the draft..........Willie Middlebrooks, Deltha Oniel etc etc............Portis was the gem he did find and its only my opinion that he should have kept him instead of trading him.

He made terrible decisions with his QB selections in Jeff Lewis, Brian Griese and maybe Jake Plummer who played pretty shitty in his playoff game vs the Colts last year........he could have kept Portis and drafted defensive help.............THE TRUTH IS THAT SHANAHAN HAS NEVER REALLY DEVELOPED A GREAT DEFENSE SINCE HE HAS BEEN THE COACH OF THE BRONCOS..........EVEN IN THE ELWAY YEARS THEIR DEFENSE WASNT THAT GREAT................SO HOW IS THE SIGNING OF A PRO BOWL CB GOING TO HELP THAT MUCH.......SHANAHAN ALSO SIGNED PRO BOWL CB DALE CARTER A FEW YRS BACK AND THAT WAS ALSO A BAD SIGNING.....

If Elway and Davis wouldnt have won a couple of SB's then Shanahan may be coaching somewhere else because his last 4 or 5 yrs have been average at best.............

Maybe you should go ask Bill Belichek a question??????? HOW COME BILL CAN COACH DEFENSE AND SPECIAL TEAMS AND MIKE CANT.................THATS THE REAL REASON THE PATRIOTS ARE SUCCESSFUL AND THE BRONCOS ARE NOT...........

I guess we will find out about the Broncos defense this coming season.................

Comment

You seem to think that Shanahan wanted to trade Portis in the off-season.........Portis wanted to be the highest paid running back in the game and the Broncos weren't willing to pay him that kind of money after only 2 seasons......instead they offered him a substantial raise of about 5 mil per season and Portis balked at that offer and threatened to sit out the first 10 games of the year.....so don't think for one minute that Denver went looking for this trade the moment the off-season started.....

"He has made mistake after mistake in the draft"

He has made some questionable decisions....Marcus Nash..Kevin Kasper to name a few....but he has drafted some gems not only in the drafted but as free agents.......let me name a few....

Rod Smith (undrafted)
            Portis
            T.Davis
            O. Gary (at the time filled in for T.Davis but then got hurt)
            M. Anderson (1500 yards as a rook)
            Lepsis (Undrafted)
            B.Hamilton (Undrafted)
            T.Nalen (7th round)
            T. Pryce
            A. Wilson

So don't say he has made mistake after mistake....3/5 of their OL were basically undrafted and they are one of the best in the league......he is still a good judge of talent and we'll see if they put it all together this year......

Comment

Working...
            X