Texas at Orioles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Texas at Orioles

Check out this info on the 3 game series between these 2 clubs this weekend!

Texas Starters
    IP --- Hits- Runs- ER- BB- K's- HR's - Pitches
    5 2/3 - 10 - 3 -- - 3 - 2 - 3 -- - 0 - 98
    1 1/2 - - 2 - 4 -- - 2 - 5 - 1 -- - 0 - 55
    4 -- --- - 8 - 8 -- - 7 - 5 - 3 -- - 1 - 97
    -----------------------------------------------
    Totals
    11 20 15 12 12 7 1

The longest any Texas starter last, was 5 2/3 innings.

Texas Bullpen
    IP Hits Runs ER BB K's HR's
    2 1/3- 0 0 0 0 0 0
    6 2/3- 6 5 4 4 1 3
    4 - 5 3 1 3 4 0
    Totals
    13 11 8 5 7 5 3

The Texas pitchers have issued 19 base on balls in the 3 games so far.

Orioles Starters
    IP -- Hits Runs ER BB K's HR Pitches
    6 2/3 2 -- 0 --- 0 --- 0 7 -- 0 -- 95
    6 1/3 5 -- 1 --- 1 --- 4 7 -- 0 -- 125
    7 2/3 5 -- 3 --- 3 --- 4 4 -- 1 -- 117
    Totals
    20 2/3 12 4 4 8 18 1 (Some pretty decent numbers from the O's starters)

Now check out the O's starting lineups batting averages, they have 6 starters hitting over .300.

B Roberts .260 been on base 6 out 13 at bats with 2 hits, 4 bb's, scored 2 runs, and has 1 RBI
    D Newhan .360 been on base 5 out 15 at bats with 3 hits, 2 bb's, scored 4 runs, and has 1 RBI vs Texas this weekend
    M Mora .348 been on base 9 out 14 at bats with 7 hits, 2 bb's, scored 1 run, and has 5 RBI's with 1 Double and 1 HR vs Texas
    M Tejada .316 been on base 3 out 14 at bats with 3 hits, scored 3 runs, and has 3 RBI's with 1 Double and 1 HR vs Texas
    J Lopez .317 been on base 4 out 11 at bats with 2 hits, 2 bb's, scored 2 runs, and has 3 RBI's with 1 HR vs Texas
    R Palmeiro .256 been on base 8 out 14 at bats with 3 hits, 5 bb's, scored 2 runs, and has 1 extra base hit, a Double
    J Hairston .310 been on base 6 out 13 at bats with 3 hits, 3 bb's, scored 3 runs, and has 1 RBI
    BJ Surhoff .337 been on base 6 out 14 at bats with 6 hits, scored 2 runs, has 5 RBI's with 1 Double
    L Bigbie .259 been on base 3 out 13 at bats with 2 hits, 1 bb, scored 3 runs, has 3 RBI's with 1 Double and 1 HR

That is what I call playing team ball! Each batter has scored a run this weekend and the least any of the O's starters has gotten on base is 3 times by L Bigbie! They have 6 hitters in their lineup batting over .300 and since Mora has returned their a very improved ball club!

Now to add fuel to this fire, checkout what Borkowski has done his last 2 starts!

3 Aug won 5-4 vs Seattle, pitching 5 2/3 innings, allowing 10 hits , 3 runs, 3 earned runs, 1 HR, 0 BB's, 5 K's and threw 105 pitches

28 July won 4-1 vs Boston, pitching 7 innings, allowing 3 hits, o runs, o HR's, 0 BB's, 7 K's, and threw 96 pitches in getting the win!

So far in this weekend series the Orioles have scored 23 runs, on 31 hits, committed 2 errors, hit 6 doubles and 4 HR's

So far in this weekend series the Rangers have scored 7 runs, on 20 hits, committed 6 errors, hit 7 doubles (the only stat their better than the O's) and 2 HR's!

To sum up the series so far; The Rangers starters have stunk it up, the starters and bullpen have issued 19 walks, the defense has committed 6 errors, and the so called high powered Texas offense has only scored 7 runs!

I'm up grading this play to a Banger Alert Play! Give me the Orioles/Borkowski -1.30 for 13 units to win 10 units! I did the leg work, the decision is yours! Oh yea did I mention the Orioles have put together a nice little 6 game winning streak! My prediction O's 6 Rangers 4

GL Krunch
    :D
    Last edited by krunch; 08-09-2004, 12:00 AM.

I like Texas... what does everyone else think?
    ....CUZ I'M RICK JAMES BBYYAATTTCCCHHH!!! Show Charlie Murphy ya titties!!

Comment

Krunch

Like Baltimore a lot today. Lets get this one home
      1 of 1 Morons

Comment

G.L. :

to ya fellas , and SweetLou your going against some pretty powerful numbers there :confused:

G.L.

***MMM***
        " The Wind Does Not Wait For The Tree To Bend "

Comment

GL Krunch

Love the O'S Today Krunch$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Comment

Good luck today!
            Good luck,
            John

Comment

Krunch. As always a good writeup and I'm adding to my Balti bet. One key stat you included, which I like to use, is errors. Texas 6, Balti 2. GL Krunch.

Comment

Good Luck Krunch!

Comment

ADDING

Got the Banger in today for 10 units, so I'm gonna make a small play on the Royals B Anderson +1 1/2 RL for even money for 2 units!

Ortiz has not fared well in his last 2 road starts. He pitched 13.2 innings, allowing 17 hits, 9 earned runs, giving up 4 HR's, walked 1 and fanned 4. The Angels didn't give him much run support, only scoring 5 runs in the 2 games.

Anderson is coming off a 2 hit, shutout, pitching 9 complete innings. Anderson did shutout the Angels 0n 5 Sept 03 at Anaheim last year, going 9 innings, allowing 7 hits, 0 runs, 3 BB's, 2 K's, and threw 105 pitches. Anderson needs to throw a few more decent games, as I see him on the trading block for next year. The Royals have a .294 BAA against Ortiz, who seems to be a detoriating pitcher right now! My prediction Royals 5 Angels 3

GL Krunch
                  :D

Comment

nice k

Comment

Great Call Krunch

Thanks for another Winner Krunch$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Comment

Nice write-up on the ANA/KC game. KC was up 2-0 until ANAS came back to win. 5-3 is pretty prophetic of you though!!

Good work...you'll get 'em tomorrow!!

The Ham mer
                        "You're only as good as the effort you put forth!!"

Sports-Plays.com

Comment

Working...
                        X