Realistic World Series Odds?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Realistic World Series Odds?

Did anyone notice the latest World Series odds?
    At WWTS-Yankees are +180, Red Sox and Cardinals are at +800 and very other team is +1000 or higher(some much higher).
    As good as Yankees have played so far, odds are absurd on them winning at all or at least there should be some teams closer than 8-1.
    Something tells me that Yankees (as was the case last year and in the case of Lakers this year) will fall short again.
    Comments welcome, and also, which team based on current odds represents best value to you to win it all?

Play on a team that comes from the Central.........the East & West have been represented in both leagues recently but no team from either Central has made it

Why not........WARRIOR likes the REDS? I think these divisions are somewhat OVERDUE

PEACE

Comment

Reds are 40-1.
      Just think-if you knew that Reds were going to at least make the playoffs, you could bet against them every game in the playoffs, and probably still make nice money even if they swept every series including the world series;I suppose if each series went the full amount of games, you might lose some juice if they were the dogs and you were betting against them.
      Of course, the rub is whether they will make the playoffs.
      I am sure there are a number of teams where the same logic prevails.

Comment

(whitesox)
        My grandmama' daughter ain't raised no sucker

Comment

WINNER

ST LOUIS

Comment

It could depend on where Randy Johnson goes.

Comment

If no team makes any pitcher trades, I don't see anyone touching Yankees. I put in a bet early when the Yankees picked up ARod. But that's just my opinion.

Comment

Funny things happen in the playoffs as we saw last year with the Marlins;in all due respect I have followed baseball since 1952, when I was eight years old, and in my opinion this year's Yankee team is far from a lock to win it all;and even if they deserve to be the odds on choice, there should surely be at least 2 or 3 teams at 5-1 and a few more under 10-1.
                Better and more balanced Yankee teams (better pitching) have lost in the playoffs in past few seasons, and there is no reason to think that it can't happen again.
                Last edited by savage1; 07-12-2004, 12:21 PM.

Comment

This Yankees team has no big game pitcher. If a series is on the line who do the Yankees throw out there? No Clemens and no Petitte.

Maybe I'm being a homer, but I do see Randy Johnson in Anaheim. They have the better farm system this time around.

It's not Gambling...It's Sports Investing !!!

Comment

The Yankees have been trying to work out a deal for Pirates' Benson and other pitchers. I heard that from the announcer at Friday's game.

Comment

Working...
                    X