3 Wise Men Report - Friday 7/10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3 Wise Men Report - Friday 7/10

Kmann / Frank B / Coverboy ….. By setting the opening number at –110 the linemaker was telling us that Pittsburgh would have a difficult game vs. Montreal last night. When I see a questionable line in any sport I’ve always done (and with great success) either of 2 things …. 1) play on the side which takes the most amount of courage to play (which is invariably the side opposite the public … the side that the linesmaker is begging me NOT to play ) or 2) pass the game altogether. Normally I would have played on Montreal and not for a little bit I may add - but the power ratings were so compelling for this matchup - and so I broke my cardinal rule. I tried to dilute the play in yesterday’s report by advising us all to tone down the play if you feel that Pitt was being touted and wagered on by the great majority. In doing so I might have raised the question: “ Don’t you believe in your method ? “ … and you know what ? … you wouldn’t be wrong in asking me that. The truth is that the way I’m feeling now I can’t answer “Yes, I sure do! “.

Not to give out the Pirates would have been irresponsible considering that it was a total dominator play and I report to you each and every day only the sides which have a definitive edge … cut and dry and without emotion. But I haven’t made a buck for you in 6-8 weeks now and it’s wearing me down. I hold in high regard the money of my friends just as I do my own.

Going to ask Kmann to take my place for a while until I recharge and rejuvenate. I feel low – down rotten when no money is being earned.

With our Kaptain Karl posting the plays I have a good feeling that things will turn around for us.

I’ll be around a lot as usual but for our daily report I’m handing the ball over to Karl.

Yours truly,

-Neil

-----------------------------------------------------------------

ThursdayResults: 2-2 and –15 but playing the stars -360

4* Pittsburgh ML -115 Loss -115

1* Texas ML Even Money Won +100

1* Anaheim ML +120 Loss -100

2* Toronto ML -115 Won +100

-----------------------------------------------

Our Record into Friday:

4* 0-1 (-115 )

3 ½ * 0-1 ( -150 )

3* 11-5 (+535 )

2 1/2 * 13-8 (+ 395 )

2* and 1* 186- 158 (+920)

ALL WISE MEN PLAYS COMBINED : 210 – 173 (+1,585) This is based on a flat $100 per game. On a star basis we are up $3,419 based on our posted lines.

Run Line Plays are 47-35

Coverboy,

Do not be so hard on yourself. End of the day you turned a profit, that is all anyone can ask!!!!

Fatman
    Joe Thorton for MVP

Comment

Neil

Coverboy: Heres my reply...I'll back you up whatever you want to do...But heres something you might ponder...We've discussed this before...When you use a system, you use the system, whatever it gives you, you take....Personal opinions have nothing to do with systems....They don't intertwine...As of this morning we stand....
      1 unit player +15.85 units
      Units according to rating..+34.19...I don't know what more
      you want....I game maketh not a season, nor does 1 day...
      You stated you liked Montreal--personal feeling--??? With or without Dunkel, I propose the following and you tell me why you liked Montreal, and you feel you let someone down..
      Montreal won 28-lost 55
      Pitts won 38-lost 44
      Last 14 games Expos 5-9. Pirates 11-3
      Pirates avg 4.6 Runs per game---Expos 3.4
      Pirates hitting 270 per game--Expos 238
      Pirates Team Bull Pen ERA 3.55--Expos 4.70
      Pirates Benson 6-7 ERA 4.6 WHIP 1.4
      Expos....Armas 1-3.........5.6...........1.6

You show me any reason why you would like Expos, other than Gut feeling.....If we're gonna use System (which has been good to us), then it's straight out there, heres our SYSTEM picks, no explanation as to why, you agree, disagree, or whatever...Play with caution, they're due, bats are ready to explode, etc are all
      statements not needed....As to why we pick them, requires no explanation, it's a SYSTEM we've explained a hell of a lot more than I cared to....(Dunkel Rating in relation to Lines/Odds using a K-factor)...Lets go back to stage 1....Here's the play, record speaks for itself, you use it or you don't....Simple---cut and dry...

You need to get your emotions off your sleeve...We started this to be of assistance to others, not to carry the load completely, as no one can or has before....I too want to be more consistent with winners, share with our fellow posters, but sure as hell,
      I'm gonna get 8 hours of sleep whether we won or LOST...

I reiterate, I'll back you, thats what friends do, until you feel you can HANDLE the situation...You once stated in a Kaptain TOF thread, "you liked a leader with BALLS", thats the same way I like my PARTNERS...

I, in no way mean to embarass or cut you down in this reply, however: in the little time I've known you, we've been up front with each other, and I've learned you say it like it is, and accept it as it is...

Rest my case...love you as a brother...do what you have to....I say-step forward--put the damn plays out there--hope for the best...Cause you are one of the best...Don't explain. justify, reason, or personalize the plays.... they are "SYSTEM" plays, and they work...

Kmann 1 of 3 WiseMen---aka---Kaptain TOF
      Last edited by Kaptain; 07-09-2004, 06:48 AM.

Don't make me go Cajun on your Ass!

Comment

Working...
      X