Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thursday

Today
    2* Pirates -115........................Pirates have won 9 of last 10 and are 3-1 in Benson's last 4 starts. Benson has a 4.78 ERA on the road and the Pirates are 4-5 when he starts on the road. Expos have lost 7 of last 10 and are 9-20 at home when a righty starts for the opposing team.

2* Brewers +105................Brewers are 3-1 in Obermueller last 4 home starts. Obermueller does have a terriable ERA at home, 7.55, but the Reds are struggling on the road vs righty starters going just 12-18. The Reds have also lost 7 of their last 10 including 3 in a row.

2* Blue Jays -120..............Mariners have been nothing short of horriable on the road against righty starters going a dismal 7-23. The Mariners have also lost 3 in a row and 8 out of the last 10. The Mariners are 3-7 when Franklin starts on the road and he has an ERA of 6.19 on the road. Mariners are 1-3 in the last 4 Franklin has started. This is only Bush's second start but I think he can hold the Mariners in check while Blue Jays should be able to score on Franklin. Plus the Blue Jays have take 4 out of 5 from the Mariners this year.

2* over 8 Pirates/Expos -110................I hate betting the over/under of the same games but they have kept coming out the last few days. Benson's opponents average 4.66 runs/game when he starts on the road and his ERA is 4.78 on the road. Armas Jr. has a an ERA of 4.50 at home and his opponents average 6 runs/game when he starts at home. Together these two average 27.1 MOB a game when you put their average MOB for road and home starts together.

2* over 9 Reds/Brewers even............Today it seems like I am playing to outscore teams rather than out pitch them. Wilson has a 5.25 ERA on the road and opposing teams average 5.5 runs/game per road start. Obermueller sports a dismal 7.55 ERA at home and opposing teams are scoring 7.3 runs/game in his home starts. Add in the fact that the average MOB for these guys when they start at home and on the road comes out to 30.08.

2* under 9.5 Angels/White Sox -110...........Sele has been great on the road posting an ERA of 2.95 and opposing teams are only scoring an average of 2 runs per road start. Loaiza has been shaky at home with an ERA of 5.26 but opposing teams are only averaging 4.5 runs a game per home start despite that. These two combine to allow 22.15 MOB per road and home start!

Yesterday 2-3 -.1*

2* Phillies -125 LOSER -2.5*
    2* over 10 Mets/Phillies Winner +2*
    2* Padres -105 LOSER -2.1*
    2* parlay Dodger/Twins/Red Sox to win 4.9* Winner +4.9*
    2* under 9 A's/Red Sox -120 LOSER -2.4

Good Luck!

MLB
    99-102-2
    -30.87*
    Last edited by Tony Vegas; 07-08-2004, 11:40 AM.

GL Tony
    1 of 1 Morons

Comment

TV

Hey Tony - Hope you enjoyed your time off.

Best of Luck today.

When you get a chance please re-read The 3 Wise Men Report for today.

Take care, -CB

Comment

CB

Yes, I did enjoy my vacation. I already re-read your post and feel the same as you. I know when a team looks so easy it probably is best to go opposite so I will tread with ease. Good luck!

Thanks Homer :D

Comment

TV

Good Man !!!

Comment

Tony,

Good Luck today.

I've rode the Bucco's through most of this winning streak, except the 1 day they lost. I jumped on them again last night, and will most likely take them tonight.

***Rule of Thumb**** ~~~ A hot team is better than a good team~~~

Comment

RJ

No doubt!!!

Comment

Ron

You're not wrong Ron ... but I wish the linesmaker posted the game at Pitt -140 or > . Rather, he made Pitt -110 first flash. This tells me he thinks they may have a difficult game here and to me he's the world's greatest handicapper.
                Bought Pitt at -110 early .... gonna watch the line closely til game time.

Comment

Coverboy,

I am a strong believer that the linesmakers sometimes set the lines like this on purpose, as a trap. They want you to think something isn't right here, which in turn draws money to the other side.

People are looking at this saying how can Pgh only be -110 when they've won like 11 out of 14 and are pretty much the hottest team in baseball, and the expo's stink. People start to doubt their 1st thought on the game, and usually change it to the wrong side.

Don't get me wrong, this doesn't happen all the time, and I personally have gone the other way on games that make NO sense at all and have won, but I think the bucco's is the play here.

*** Just like last night, the WORLD was on ATL. EVERYTHING in the world pointed to ATL., but why was the line so off. Well, ATL. won, and won big.

Good Luck with whatever you take.

*** I'm just rooting for a Texas win right now.***

Comment

Thanks for the parlay yesterday Tony and good luck today.

Comment

Good luck Tony!!
                      Good luck,
                      John

Comment

Working...
                      X