Golf Picks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Golf Picks

For all you golf fans, here's some picks and analysis for the tourney at Cog Hill (1,2,3 or 5 star plays):

5 star: Mike Weir -120 vs. Davis Love

Love is in a big time slump and Weir is coming off a good showing at Shinnecock. One of the par 5's was changed to a par 4 at Dubsdread (now it's a Par 71) so Love's length will not be as big of a factor and is not required for victory here. Although Love has played well here in the past, so has Weir and I'll take the hotter player.

3 star: David Toms +100 vs. Davis Love

Toms has played better recently after a slow start with the wrist injury. And I think a play against Love is a good one here.

2 star: Peter Lonard +110 vs. Stuart Appleby

Lonard has made 6 straight cuts and Appleby has been struggling. Both players finished T-5 2 years ago and Lonard finished T-37 last year while Appleby MC'd. I see some value with Lonard here.

2 star: Chad Campbell -115 vs. Scott Verplank

Verplank has been making cuts this year, while Campbell has been hot and cold. But Cambell is the better overall player and finished T-8 last year. I'll take the younger player with more potential.

2 star: Joe Durant -120 vs. Kevin Sutherland

Durant is a former champion and Sutherland has been struggling. Although Durant has been hot and cold, Sutherland hasn't fared any better. I'll take the former champion who looks forward to the tourney.

1 star: Ben Curtis -120 vs. Rich Beem

Curtis finished T-13 last year while Beem finished second. Beem was in the hunt for victory going into last Sunday, but had to birdie the last hole to break 80 and ended up T-51. Apparently Beem had a little too much booze at the Booz Allen on Saturday night. Beem can't be counted on for 4 solid rounds and will hopefully have a hangover from his Sunday round. Curtis will be gearing up to defend his British Open title and has been the better player of late.
Working...
X