Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cards -130 looks strong to me

Bounce back game.

Rusch was a gas can last year. I'm betting he returns to gas can form and St Louis puts a hurtin on him

Cards 7-3

Re: Cards -130 looks strong to me

Originally posted by quickpick
    Bounce back game.

Rusch was a gas can last year. I'm betting he returns to gas can form and St Louis puts a hurtin on him

Cards 7-3
    Quickpick,
    I don't handicap baseball but I do check out all the games each day. When I looked at tonight's board, I was thinking the exact same thing as you. Rusch has been below average for the majority of his MLB career until this year. This looks like a great setup for that "bounce back game" you refer to.

I actually thought the same thing in Rusch's last start against Houston after the Cubs had won the first two games in Texas. I was wrong because Rusch pitched well and got the win in a (5-4) victory as the Cubs swept the Astros three games to none.

I don't know if I'm going to play this game yet but best of luck to you!

Sincerely,
    Bennojd
    Last edited by Bennojd; 06-23-2004, 08:22 PM.
    Quote from author Peter Marshall: "If you don't stand for something, you'll fall for everything."

Comment

Rusch hasn't reverted to gas can status all year, and the Cubs are red hot--they are finding ways to win ballgames right now. Rusch dominated the Cardinals earlier this year in an outing at Wrigley. If St. Louis -130 looks too good to be true, it probably is.
      "Nobody in football should be called a genius. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein." -Joe Theismann

Comment

Cards can't hold a lead

damn

Comment

Quickpick:

Something I forgot to address earlier:
          LaRussa loves to play chess with his "Veal Pen".
          He just had to take out his starter (Suppan) after 5 innings because (god forbid) he made a whole 111 pitches; Tony probably didn't even ask Suppan how he felt despite the fact that he was still pitching decent.

Hey look, Dusty Baker (Cubs) joined in the chess match with his "Veal Pen". The lead has been cut to (9-8) in favor of the Cubs. The game is only in the top of the seventh. What an "OVER" play this would have been!

I hope the Cards come back and get the "W" for you, Quickpick.
          I didn't bet the game but I do not like the Cubs.........can you tell? (lol).

Sincerely,
          Bennojd
          Last edited by Bennojd; 06-23-2004, 09:48 PM.
          Quote from author Peter Marshall: "If you don't stand for something, you'll fall for everything."

Comment

9-8 after 6 inns I still got hope especially if borowski gets to throw the ball.
            Every dog has it's day!

Comment

Bottom 7 big bats coming up

Probably go 1-2-3 just like Cubbies big bats in 7th

Let's pull this one out Cards

Comment

Smitty:

Unfortunately, Joe Borowski is on the DL.
                But the Cubs do have others in their "Veal Pen" that may be willing to help out. :D
                ----------------------------------------------------------------------
                Chicago - RHP Ryan Dempster (right elbow surgery, 60-day DL); SS Alex Gonzalez (broken right wrist, 60-day DL); RHP Kerry Wood (strained right triceps, 15-day DL); RHP Joe Borowski (right shoulder strain, 15-day DL); RHP Todd Wellemeyer (strained right shoulder, 15-day DL).
                Last edited by Bennojd; 06-23-2004, 10:01 PM.

Comment

9-9

Wrote this one off when it went 9-5

Need some luck to pull this one off. I deserve it. lol

Comment

CARDS 10-9

Wow.. Farnsworth threw that wild pitch about 105 MPH.

Comment

Quickpick:

A beautiful thing!
                      Great comeback by the Cards!
                      The Cubs "Veal Pen" obliged!
                      I wish I had bet it now!:D

Congrats!

Sincerely,
                      Bennojd

Comment

Working...
                      X