Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pinny Golf Odds

For those so inclined..I took the time to copy these:

Here is the whole card from Pinny, and in my opinion with conditions as they are it would be worthwhile to take a gamble on someone with high odds since the field is backing up..

Odds look good for winning on-

Weir
    Garcia
    Funk
    Maggert

Some great matchups too! (Tops I see is Weir over Sergio)

Golf US Open: 4th Round Matchups
    Sun 6/20 P. Harrington vs KJ. Choi
    901 P. Harrington -131
    902 KJ. Choi +121

Sun 6/20 J. Haas vs V. Singh
    903 J. Haas +148
    904 V. Singh -158

Sun 6/20 D. Toms vs N. Price
    905 D. Toms -112
    906 N. Price +102

Sun 6/20 K. Triplett vs T. Woods
    907 K. Triplett +188
    908 T. Woods -208

Sun 6/20 S. Verplank vs S. Ames
    909 S. Verplank -105
    910 S. Ames -105

Sun 6/20 L. Janzen vs S. Micheel
    911 L. Janzen -118
    912 S. Micheel +108

Sun 6/20 S. Flesch vs C. DiMarco
    913 S. Flesch +100
    914 C. DiMarco -110

Sun 6/20 C. Pavin vs S. Leaney
    915 C. Pavin +125
    916 S. Leaney -135

Sun 6/20 S. Garcia vs M. Weir
    917 S. Garcia -129
    918 M. Weir +119

Sun 6/20 J. Maggert vs F. Funk
    919 J. Maggert -123
    920 F. Funk +113

Sun 6/20 S. Maruyama vs P. Mickelson
    921 S. Maruyama +167
    922 P. Mickelson -177

Sun 6/20 E. Els vs R. Goosen
    923 E. Els -136
    924 R. Goosen +126

US Open: Odds To Win The Tournament
    Will T. Woods win the US Open?
    101 Yes +9752
    102 No -11752

Sun 6/20 Will E. Els win the US Open?
    103 Yes +286
    104 No -316

Sun 6/20 Will P. Mickelson win the US Open?
    107 Yes +306
    108 No -346

Sun 6/20 Will S. Garcia win the US Open?
    109 Yes +3453
    110 No -3853

Sun 6/20 Will M. Weir win the US Open?
    111 Yes +3200
    112 No -3600

Sun 6/20 Will S. Maruyama win the US Open?
    113 Yes +1869
    114 No -2119

Sun 6/20 Will R. Goosen win the US Open?
    115 Yes +174
    116 No -192

Sun 6/20 Will F. Funk win the US Open?
    117 Yes +3120
    118 No -3520

Sun 6/20 Will J. Maggert win the US Open?
    119 Yes +3400
    120 No -3800

Sun 6/20 Will T. Clark win the US Open?
    121 Yes +3830
    122 No -4430

Goosen

Street: IMHO getting Goosen "+" over any of the field is a can't pass. Retieff is playing more solidly than anyone in the field and, although Ernie has two USO's on his mantle, Goosen has one and his grind it out style will serve him really well in the wind. In addition, RG has the best trajectory control on Tour. Ernie has a few chinks in his "knockdown" game...None for Goose...

PS...If a longshopt doesn't come in it makes no difference what his odds are...BUT, in the unlikely (but possible) event that Tiger goes out and lays down a 65 to get to -1...I predict he will at least make a playoff. I played minitours and a few tour events back in the eighties so I'm somehwat familiar with the Tour. I'm confident that 279 wins or at least gets a piece of this thing and at almost 100:1, I'm throwing a few coins at Tiger. By the way, I am NOT a Tiger fan, but I do respect his ability to accomplish the "impossible".
    Last edited by BiloxiUMreb; 06-20-2004, 11:03 AM.

Comment

LOOKING AT YOUR LIST

I REALLY LIKE J.HASS & MARUYAMA

IMO THE BIG EASY IS STRIKING THE BALL VERY WELL & SHOULD BE IN THE MIX..I CALLED MY LOC & PUT 200 ON MARUYAMA TO WIN AS WELL.I WOULDN'T PUT MONEY ON TIGER WITH WHAT IS GOING ON WITH HIS EMOTIONS RIGHT NOW.I LIKE YOUR DAWGS AS WELL.HOW STONG DO YOU FEEL ABOUT MAGGERT?

GOOD LUCK TO ALL!!!
      GOTTA LOVE BASKETBALL!!!
      STILL FOLLOW AT OWN RISK

Comment

Biloxi,

Tigga wont get to a playoff, I think he is too far back, but if you like a doggie, why not Weir?? The guy is 100% consistency..

Logan, I was saying any longshot is worth taking getting these odds and are less than 5 strokes back!!!

Comment

Originally posted by wallstreet
          Biloxi,

Tigga wont get to a playoff, I think he is too far back, but if you like a doggie, why not Weir?? The guy is 100% consistency..
          I agree. He's too far back with too many golfers to leap over. He'd need the entire field to collapse ahead of him.

Comment

Frank,

I just started watching at noon PST, been watching for 30 min, and no Tiger..

How nice of a gift for fathers day.

lmao

Looks like PAR is the winner today, and how about that. Once a year these players suffer..good to see!

So far it seems Goosen came to play, nobody else is making any kind of move.

I bet par or so wins this today.

Comment

Wallstreet,

Thanks for the response on the other topic, maybe when football starts up it might be worthwhile to track the comps then. Once again thanks for all your help.

GR8
              Wash. D.C. 8 sq. miles surrounded by REALITY

Comment

GR8,

No problem!

What a letdown on the tourney.. Phil fights back, then lets down with that horrible double bogey.

Still, really good stuff!

Comment

Originally posted by wallstreet
                  Frank,

I just started watching at noon PST, been watching for 30 min, and no Tiger..

How nice of a gift for fathers day.
                  It certainly was refreshing not seeing Tiger all day while he was so far back.

Phil's double was daggers for him. I gotta give credit when credits due. Goosen made many clutch putts.

Comment

Frank,

Yep.. I dont know if it was clutch or just a great day..since no golfer was under par for the day, and I dont know if I have ever heard of 11 one putts out of 18 even by a pro..and many of them were really long putts..

Well, he won and if you watched the double by Phil, he heard the birdie by Goosen on 15, Phil stepped back and choked right after.....the pressure definately got to him..

I cant blame him, it was pressurized all day for him and to get the lead and lose it in a matter of a few minutes, well it had to be tough.

Amazing seeing the course eat the players up..truely amazing!

Comment

Working...
                    X