Fri Night Plays===>

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fri Night Plays===>

Another very nice plus night on Thurs going 4-2 and plus 3 units and if not for a lone run in the CWS and OAK games we would have swept it out and hit the parlay....that must be why they play them all! Will update the record later but for tonight a couple of higher chalk shots included for a change:

4.5 * CWS -159
    Buerle has been lights out last ton of starts and the Expos have been....well.....their lights have been out! Plus they put a virtural non starter on the mound tonight vs a very very mad White Sox offense. High chalk but worth a win.

3.5 * METS -152
    Glavine should do his thing tonight and now that Weathers is gone the bullpen should step up a notch or two. Hildalgo will start but many times a "new" player may be a non factor as he is trying to figure out teammates and where he will fit. Robertson is an up and comer for the Tigers but I look for their bullpen being one of the lowest rated in MLB to turn the win over to Glavine.

1 * METS/DET (U)7.5

1.5* ANGELS -118

Some lower tier plays that have a good shot of going 500 and turning a profit total at nights end.

1 * KC +145
    Royal will have to outscore the NL boys but they are running again with a wide open offense. This may even go over for a total.
    1* REDS +165
    St. Louis may have ridded themselves of the home field curse but the Reds can score a ton. If Graves gets a shot in the 8 th he could save this one for the Reds.
    1* DRAYS +205
    Hottest team in ball vs Grandpa Johnson is worth double money here.
    1*TWINS +145
    A first place team getting this kind of money with a 7 game winner on the mound going against an ace who just blew up last outing. Worth a play.

BEST OF LUCK TO ALL! Gv

**Edited only to update record from Thurs games:
    Currently: MLB RECORD
    81-61-2****+38.25 Units

5*----TOTAL-->3-2
    4.5*--TOTAL-->1-2
    4*----TOTAL-->6-3
    3.5*--TOTAL-->3-3
    3*----TOTAL-->10-9
    2.5*--TOTAL-->9-6
    2*----TOTAL-->25-16
    1.5*--TOTAL->11-7-2
    1*----TOTAL->13-13

OVERALL Posted record this year +54.91 Units
    Last edited by GoldVike; 06-18-2004, 07:33 PM.
    I am NOT schizophrenic......and NEITHER am I! Just paranoid that fear may overcome my insanity!

GL tonight Buddy Vike
    1 of 1 Morons

Comment

GLGV

Good luck GV. I parleyed your WhiteSox with Our Mets. One good thing is that if the Sox are in a save situation, they shouldn't blow it because they finally got rid of Billy Kotch. I never heard of a closer being so bad that he was traded for a minor leaguer and the While Sox had to include Cash. Guess that means my A's will never be able to trade Arthur Rhodes.
      Hope you end up with another plus night. Will be hard for me after already losing on the Cubs today.

Comment

These guys are enough to give a guy a heart attack. Sox score 3 in the top of the first and the Expos come back to score 5. I know it is very early but man are there any comfortable leads these days? It's the Expos for Christs sake!!!

Comment

GoldVike--stay cool

Now tied up 5-5 in 2nd.....Sox bats are hot tonight....LOL to you on all your plays tonight....You da man...kmann...TOF...calling it a night, TIRED...

Don't make me go Cajun on your Ass!

Comment

GV,
            Like the DRays tonight. All stats point to Johnson, but like you said hot team. Also like the over as I expect Hlama to give up about 4 runs.

Comment

Just got back home

Looks like it has taken the White Sox a couple of hours to figure out they are in fact playing the Expos as they do have a slim 11-7 lead and the Mets as expected are in a late inning close game.

STATSMAN!

You are certainly correct with HALAMA although that is assuming he is the Halama of olden days when he was shelled religously last year. With the Devil Fish as hot as they are and his ERA miniscule (errr small) they may well outscore the DBacks and win outright!

This year what seems to be is.........isn't...........what should happen.......does not.......it is odd with the Interleague......

BEST OF LUCK TO EVERYONE AND HOPE THESE COME HOME ON THE PLUS SIDE!! Gv
              Last edited by GoldVike; 06-18-2004, 10:06 PM.
              I am NOT schizophrenic......and NEITHER am I! Just paranoid that fear may overcome my insanity!

Comment

Got them both in!!! Mets hit a HR in the 9th and Sox hold onto a 11-7 win!!! Nice job Bro!

Comment

CONGRATS

TO YOU BIGMIKE! For playing them both.....(or all three).....I know it is normally a sin to play a side a total (aka Mets and under) but it ran out as scripted........White Sox did their offensive thing........ROYAL WIN.......lets see if we can't get some gravey with the dogs.........

Adding 1 * SF/BOST (O) 8.5

Should be an entertaining offensive show!!

BEST OF LUCK!! Gv

Comment

I am with you GV, makes me feel better to see you on it! Let's hope Bosox can be on the winning end!!!!!!
                    Joe Thorton for MVP

Comment

Good Luck to you Fats!

You should be smiling at nights end (I would hope) as both these pitchers give up their share and walking Steri Bonds all but one at bat a night gives the Giants a free runner at all times. Believe it or not......the Sox bullpen is MUCH stronger than the Giants Pen in Adjusted Runs Prevented.....let's see if this rings true at nights end with the Red Sox "Trot"ing some runs across......BEST OF LUCK TO YOU!! Gv

Comment

covered already......GREAT CALL MY FRIEND!
                        Joe Thorton for MVP

Comment

CONGRATS

TO YOU on your win Fats! Go get yourself a nice "FAT" juicy steak and drinks tomorrow night courtesy of the Sox/SF pitching staff!

Sure bummed me out that the Reds blew another chance to win a late game though........the Cardinals are getting very very lucky as of late and should be a solid bet against St. Louis in the the next day or two!
                          BEST OF LUCK TO YOU AND HAVE A GREAT NIGHT! Goldv

Comment

GV

in reply to cards lucky lately a bet against. if you could find a moment to explain? off the top of my head lol arent they the hottest tm. in the last 2 wks.? exception d.rays and that high vig they've been pull'n down. i like to ply alot of trends ,so if you could
                            find a few minutes to give me a ply against cards im surely going to jump on . props on your last coupla nites very solid GL2U:******:
                            its easy to get good players.. gett'n em to play together thats the hard part.. casey stengel

Comment

No sweat!

Hope you are padding your bankroll!

The only thing I mean by that is the WAY they have won in the last of the 9th inning when they have been getting waxed and should be in the dugout with an "L". Cases in point just recently......Oakland dominating them the entire game (2 of 3) only to have "relievers" with personnal problems in the game and needed now to go home (aka Arthur Rhodes)... Then subhuman errors by the infielders opening the door for base runners on routine ground outs..... Tonights game is a glaring example.....Cardinals outpitched only to the point of a run but the Reds affectionate releiever called "The Baby Faced Assassin" in Danny Graves gets into his normal situational trouble ONLY to be damned by a routine ground ball out muffed by the shortstop! The Cardinals are winning and that is the bottom line..........but the other teams are certainly holding the "door of defeat to themselves" wide open allowing the Cards to squeak out these last out ties to wins......An opponent can not continue to give a team 4 and 5 outs in an inning in one to 3 run games and hope to win against good hitting talent like the Cards.....I am not dogging StL.....just making the point they are underachieving wins right now unlike the Rays who are dogging and gritting them out and earning them the hard way....St. Louis is benetfiting from the opposite of the horrendous play they had at home to start the months of April and June....maybe they will start losing on the road as that record also is obscene (kudos to them for it up till now) ......as always......this is JMHO AND ONLY MY RAMBLINGS..........SO HOPE ARE ARE WINNING EITHER WAY AND AS ALWAYS BEST OF LUCK TO YOU AND EVERYONE!! Goldv

Comment

Working...
                              X