Some good looking plays for Friday!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some good looking plays for Friday!

Read this info carefully and make your own decisions, but this is some good stuff to know!

The Texas Rangers are riding a 4 game losing streak, plus 13 Rangers are currently out of commission, including 3 regular starting pitchers, Lewis, Callaway, Park, and the team's best 2 catchers. Kenny Roger's who was scheduled to start on Sunday is now questionable after he pulled a muscle trying to beat out a double play earlier in the week. Right hander Juan Dominguez was placed on the DL, Wednesday with lower neck pains. The aches and pains are starting to catch up with the club as they've fallen 3 games out of first place. The Rangers have now lost 5 of their last 6. Over the last 10 games, Texas is hitting .260 (down from .277 on the year), while the pitching staff's ERA has risen up to 5.08, up from 4.64 on the season. John Wasdin will make his second start of the year and first in about 2 months as Texas plays at Florida against Brad Penny.

The Atlanta Braves have the third-worst fielding percentage in baseball and the third-most errors with 56. 49 of Atlanta's errors have come in the infield, which ranks them dead last. The Braves have committed the most errors at second base and shortstop with 13 and 16 at each position. They also hold the second most at third base with 14. In an effort to strengthen the infield, Cox has moved Chipper Jones to the hot corner to replace Mark DeRosa. DeRosa leads the Braves with 10 errors. I don't think this is such a great move on Cox's part, because Chipper is suffering from a hamstring injury thats limiting his movement from right to left and he'll likely have more action in Friday's game against Cleveland when Hampton takes the mound. Hampton carries a 61:28 ground ball/fly ball ratio in 6 home starts this season. In Hampton's last home outing on June 2 against the Expos, the Braves committed 4 errors in the 4 innings Hampton pitched. These errors helped the Expos beat the Braves 8-4. Face it, Hampton is not an overpowering pitcher and with an infield prone to making so many mistakes, Cleveland might be the right side in this one. Their a young/old mixture chemistry and can definitely play with the big guns this year.
    Will be right back with some more info! Just want to save whats typed so I don't lose the info!
    Last edited by krunch; 06-18-2004, 12:44 AM.

ADDING

Tigers Robertson- Mets Glavine under 7; Left-handed pitchers are preying on batters this season, especially when they face each other-the under has paid in 25 of 38 games in lefty-lefty matchups. Robertson and Glavine have combined for a 4.08 ERA in their last 3 starts and the Mets have played under in 5 of 7 lefty-lefty matchups this season.

Toronto Lilly-Padres Wells under 7. Both Lilly and Wells have been on fire lately. Lilly has allowed 7 earned runs in his last 5 games and Well's has the same stat, but gave up no runs in 3 of those starts. The Padres scored fewer than 4 runs a game in the last 4 games and the Blue Jays have fewer than 2 runs a game in the last 3.

Tampa Bay John Halama 2-1, 2.76 ERA and Arizona Randy Johnson, 9-4, 2.77 ERA under 8. After a slow start this season, Johnson has found his stuff with 6 wins in a row, starting with his perfect game in Atlanta on May 18. He's allowed no more than 4 runs in any of those starts and only 3 total home runs over the six-game span.

White Sox Buehrle at Expos Undecided thus far. Does it really matter who the Expos are sending out in this one? If the W Sox can put up 4 or more runs they probably will have this game in hand. The Expos are in my opinion the worst team in baseball this year and the worst team I've seen in baseball in quite some time. They do have a decent pitching staff, but when you can't score runs, you can't win games!

Angels Escobar -1.30 at Astros Munro +1.10; Know what? I think we're seeing a false favorite here. This Munro kid is coming off a decision at Milwaukee were he beat a very hot pitcher in the name of Ben Sheets. Sheets had won like 8 of his last 9 starts against the Astros and Munro came in and put the fire out!

Okay now lets get down to some serious wagering! I am going to hook up the Marlins Penny -1.80, since it is such a high line and work a couple parlays around this game. To off set the -1.80 moneyline, I'm going to throw Cleveland +1.05 with Lee pitching into a 2 team parlay. Don't know the payout yet, cause I'm determing my plays as I'm writing my thread.

Making these straight wagers all for a solid 5 units, cause I think their some shit hot picks. Tigers-Mets under7, Toronto-Padres under 7, Tampa Bay-DBacks under 8, W Sox Buehrle (no line posted as of yet), Astros Munro +1.10, and the Mets Glavine -1.55 since he is off to one of his best starts in his career this year!

If you really like these plays above, write them down, and bet them straight and mix and match them together to a point were you only need to hit roughly 3 of 8 two team parlays along with 4 of 8 straight wagers to make some cabbage.

I will try to come back into this thread tomorrow to let everyone know how I wagered the above plays, but if for some reason I don't make it back fairly early tomorrow, grab the earliest lines possible on these games, cause I think their going to move against us folks.

As always good luck to everyone and I sincerely hope the above info can help someone who is struggling in their baseball wagering get off to a nice plus side for the weekend!

GL Krunch

Comment

Solid rationale

Your plays are well reasoned and I love the Tampa under pick---two teams with starters with equal ERAs. The difference is one time sucks and the other---the huge DOG!!!---is the hottest team in baseball. I'd sure play Tampa at the unbelievably inflated number, in addition to your total.
      Last edited by griswold; 06-18-2004, 01:31 AM.

Comment

Plays I've made so far!

3 team parlay
        Cleveland +1.12/Florida -1.80/Houston +1.15 for 1 unit to win 6.09 units

Mets under 7 even money for 5 units to win 5 units
        Cleveland +1.12 (Action) for 5 units to win 5.60 units
        Astros +1.15 for 5 units to win 5.75 units
        Arizona under 8 -1.15 for 5.75 units to win 5 units
        Padres un 7 even money for 5 units to win 5 units

GL Krunch
        :D

Comment

Good luck.

Comment

ADDING

WSox Buehrle -1 1/2 RL -1.10 for 5 units; Buehrle/WSox are 10-0 this season when he starts vs a righthanded pitcher. Montreal has lost 6 games in a row, being outscored 11 to 31 in those 6 games! Expos are 3-7 in the first game of a home series. Expos gotta score runs to win games, something they've had trouble doing all year long.

GL Krunch

Comment

ADDING

2 Team parlay; WSox -1.60 ML/Astros +1 1/2 RL for 5 units to win 8.85 units! Lets get em on this parlay!

Krunch

Comment

Love the White Sox play! Any word on if Thomas is out or not?

Comment

krunch

good luck to you...kmann....TOF

Don't make me go Cajun on your Ass!

Comment

ADDING

3 More Strong Plays for 5 units each!

NYY Vazquez -1 1/2 RL -1.03 for 5 units and game total over 7 1/2 -1.15 for 5 units; The Yankees current roster is 56 for 134 for a .418 BAA with 12 doubles and 10 HR's. Their averaging 1 extra base hit every 6 at bats and 1 homerun every 13.4 at bats off Weaver. The winds are blowing out to right at 5-15 MPH.
                    A Rod .409 off Weaver with 3 doubles and 1 HR
                    Lofton .350
                    T Lee .563 with 1 HR
                    Giambi 7 for 12 .583 with 5 HR's 1 every 2.4 at bats
                    Flaherty 5 for 11 .455
                    Jeter 6 for 10 .600
                    Sierra 4 for 8 .500
                    Cairo 4 for 7 .571
                    T Clark 1 for 3 .333 1 HR
                    B Williams 2 for 9 .222 2 HR's

Giants Williams -1.14 for 5 units; Wakefield/Boston are 5-13 in Wakefield's last 18 June starts. He has pretty much been terrible in his career over the month of June. He has a hex put on him for the month of June.

Good luck and thats enough gambling for me for 1 day!

Krunch

Comment

Record for the Day

1-0 Won Mets un 7for 5 units! Lefty-Lefty now under in 26 of 39 games for a 67 % winning percentage! Thats a great win percentage.

2-0 Won Cleveland +1.12 for 5 units to win 5.60 units! Up a total of 10.60 units

3-0 Won Wsox -1 1/2 -1.10 for 5 units! Up a total of 15.60 units

3-1 Lost 3 team parlay Clev+1.12/Marlins -1.80/Astros +1.15 for 1 unit!

4-1 Won 2 team parlay WSox/Astros +1 1/2 for 5 units to win 8.85
                      UP +23.45 units

5-1 Won Astros +1.15 for 5 units to win 5.75 units! Up +29.20 units

5-1-1 (Pushed) Arizona under 8 for 5.75 units to win 5 units

6-1-1 Won Padres under 7 for 5 units to win 5 units! up 34.20 units

7-1-1 Won NYY over 7 1/2 -1.15 for 5.75 units to win 5 units! Up 39.20 units

7-2-1 Lost NYY -1 1/2 RL -1.03 for 5.15 units to win 5 units! Up 34.05 units

7-3-1 Lost Giants - 1.14 for 5.70 units to win 5 units! Final totals for the night are, I went 7-3-1 and won 28.35 units! A $100 a unit play like myself would have won $2835! See you guys on Saturday, keep coattailing while the getting is good!

Lets keep the streak rolling and bring in some more bacon. Hopefully we can keep going strong right through the weekend and get some serious + units!

Krunch
                      Last edited by krunch; 06-19-2004, 04:20 AM.

Comment

krunch

nice job
                        keep up the great work
                        i missed a 4 teamer with all 4 lefty/lefty matchups by .5 run (zona game) 25 to win 307
                        then i missed 3 $50 parlays
                        because of the damn marlins
                        +398 seattle astros st louis and fla
                        +292 clev fla and astros
                        and +493 clev fla astros and st louis
                        i had every thing straight up so i did well but it could of been one hell of a night
                        keep them coming
                        thanks
                        we can share the women, we can share the wine
                        we can share what we got of yours cause we done shared all of mine.

Comment

Great Job Krunch! You are a very hot capper right now an I hope you stay that way! Congrats on a great night!

Comment

Trick 4

Thanks for the compliments, hope you got an 8 line on that Arizona game last night! Saw you were on the right side of Milwaukee game. Lets have a good weekend buddy!

Krunch

Comment

Working...
                            X