Spyware?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spyware?

Sorry to clutter the board but I keep getting this POP UP Bullshit that says I have Spys on my computer and also my homepage is constantly being changed and the computer is loading up much slower than usual

Someone posted some links on how to clean up this problem before.......anyone else that can help please?

Thanx in advance &

PEACE

Try this link www.majorgeeks.com In the left hand column you will see Spyware tools.

Comment

Two things..

Get free ware version of a spyware eliminator (spybot) , also get a popup blocker, I use popup pro, works great.

Lastly, if you have Gator, get it off your system immediately. You cannot block their popup ads (well I havent been able to)

Comment

try ad-aware spyware remover at www.lavasoft.de

as for popups you can try the yahoo.com toolbar popup blocker. adds a tiny tool bar to your internet explorer

Comment

Fellas thanx.........I tried it and I cleaned up about 60 files according to the programs but when I reloaded the computer and signed on to AOL again I kept getting them same damn group of POP UPS.........about 10 of them appear in a row and flood the computer telling me ive been infected with spyware and this never used to happen before Sunday

If anyone can give me an answer as to what and why this is Ill be grateful......thanx again

PEACE

Comment

http://download.com.com/3000-8022-10122137.html

Go to the address above. Download spybot and follow the instructions. This will clean out the spyware junk. I recommend running this every week. If you have any questions post them. I use AOL and this works!

Comment

Pimp

By clicking on the first pop-up, you have downloaded some spy-ware. Some can be a real pain in the ass to delete.
              Restart your computer in "Safe Mode", this is done by pressing F8 as your computer restarts. Once in safe mode clean out your temp files, history,temp internet files.
              Then go to add and remove programs, this is where it you have to know a little about your system. I'm sure there is a program that is causing this. If you don't really know what your looking for, try taking a screen shot of this and posting it here, I may be able to help. Also, try running Adware when your system is in safe mode. The reason you have to be in safe mode is, you can't delete some programs when they are running, starting in safe mode stops these programs from starting.

http://download.com.com/3000-2144-10...age&tag=button
              Last edited by wizardofoddz; 06-09-2004, 06:28 AM.

Comment

Pimp,

Try booting up your computer in "safe mode" before running the spyware removal tools. That should allow the software to get the pesky ones.

Comment

Thanx again fellas.........Im at work now so not much I can do but when I get home later tonight Im gonna try the suggestions U gave ma and hopefully that will clean it up......if I struggle Ill ask for more help

PEACE

Comment

just turned on the home computer............I hope I can work this thing out or else Ill be right back asking for help shortly

PEACE

Comment

Pimp

anything I can do, just ask

Comment

Re: Pimp

Originally posted by ************
                        anything I can do, just ask
                        Thanx bro................I just rebooted the whole thing to the way i bought it (at least thats what my friend said he did)

Thanx &

PEACE

Comment

I used the fourm on help2go and did the processess they requested. They have a guy in England that assists. Cleared up everything I had

http://www.help2go.com/forum1.html
                          Racing Assistance

Comment

Working...
                          X