Axiomatic Misnomer---re Dunkel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Axiomatic Misnomer---re Dunkel

Clarification to misinterpretation....regarding Dunkel differencial to daily ratings...

Dunkel index has nothing to do with RUN differential on their daily rating...i e, Houston (Oswalt) 10.00 (1)...Mets (Trachsel) 9.24, does NOT mean Dunkel says Astros are 1 run better than Mets...

Simply means, for that day, that lineup, that PARTICULAR pitcher, the Astros are rated 0.76 better than Mets....If you misconstrue this, and play accordingly, it's inevitable you will LOSE...

To assume, that difference is related to runs, is erroneous..Based on that theory, you would have to say, that the Astros are good for 10.00 runs, and the mets 9.24...The highest rated team for yesterday was Angels at 11.96, with Listed Pitcher...Lowest was Reds with listed pitcher at 8.24...Using RUNS as criteria would break down to Angels as 3.72 Runs better...Not so...

Dunkel is a POWER rating, based on lineups/pitchers for a specific day....w/ previous data included---stats---...Next days Dunkel will include todays data (stats)...Same 2 teams play, different rating...

The Key is using power ratings (dunkel), as compared to oddsmakers lines...Transposing the difference into RATINGS, not RUNS...Hope this helps some who are using the RUN theory....

Don't make me go Cajun on your Ass!

Very Good YOF...Thank you for explaining...I will be watching your plays carefully...

Spark

Comment

Kmann

Great post! I agree with you. My analysis has proven your post correct. I know you play RL using Dunkel. Statistically playing teams shy 1/2 rating on the RL is a losing proposition.

Comment

FrankB03

Thanks.....had to try and say something....That appeared to be the biggest mis understanding re our method of selection...

Appreciate all you and Coverboy (neil) do....Should I say we represent the 3 Amigos, or would it be more appropriate to say Larry, Curley, and Moe...

Watch everyone start now, by trying to figure which one each of us relate to....:D :D

Get all my info from Neil, keep it on file, and feel free to do whatever you deem fit.....kmann

Don't make me go Cajun on your Ass!

Comment

Working...
        X