Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mlb System Plays - 2004

MLB SYSTEM PLAYS 2004

Explanation : Wayne’s system for playing against an East Coast or West Coast team in their first home game back from a road trip after travelling 3 time zones from their last road game . It worked well for us in the NBA this past season . I thought we’d give it a try for the MLB season. One of the perks of this is many of our sides will be underdogs.

The Picks : All the games have been isolated in advance after double checking the
    schedules for each team.

Date: Play on team : Opponent: System Result:

5/4
    LA DODGERS +145 (at Florida ) W

COLORADO -115 (at Montreal) L

SF GIANTS +125 (at NY Mets) L

SD PADRES +120 (at Atlanta) L

NY YANKEES +115 (at Oakland) W

5/11
    ANAHEIM ANGELS ( at NY Yankees )

TEXAS RANGERS ( at T.B. Devil Rays )

CHICAGO CUBS ( at L.A. Dodgers )

CINCINNATI REDS ( at S.D. Padres )

PHILADELPHIA PHILLIES ( at S.F. Giants )

5/18
    N.Y. YANKEES ( at Anaheim Angels )

BALTIMORE ORIOLES ( at Seattle Mariners )

COLORADO ROCKIES ( at Cincinnati Reds )

S.D. PADRES ( at Pittsburgh Pirates )

5/25
    N.Y. YANKEES ( at Baltimore Orioles )

ARIZONA D’BACKS ( at S.F. Giants )

5/31
    TORONTO BLUEJAYS ( at Seattle Mariners )

-------------------------------------------------------------

6/1
    CHICAGO WHITESOX ( at Oakland A’s )

6/8
    L.A. DODGERS ( at Toronto Bluejays )

FLORIDA MARLINS ( at Cleveland Indians )

6/15
    MINNESOTA TWINS ( at Montreal Expos )

ANAHEIM ANGELS ( at Pittsburgh Pirates )

BALTIMORE ORIOLES ( at L.A. Dodgers )

T.B. DEVILRAYS ( at S.D. Padres )

TORONTO BLUEJAYS ( at S.F. Giants )

6/22
    T.B. DEVILRAYS ( at Toronto Bluejays)

MINNESOTA TWINS ( at Boston Redsox )

-----------------------------------------------------------------

7/15
    BOSTON REDSOX ( at Anaheim Angels )

CHICAGO WHITESOX (at Oakland A’s )

7/21
    BALTIMORE ORIOLES (at Boston Redsox )

CHICAGO WHITESOX ( at Cleveland Indians )

-----------------------------------------------------------------

8/9
    COLORADO ROCKIES ( at Philadelphia Phillies )

8/10
    S.F. GIANTS ( at Pittsburgh Pirates )

MINNESOTA TWINS ( at Seattle Mariners )

8/16
    ATLANTA BRAVES ( at S.D. Padres )

MONTREAL EXPOS (at S.F. Giants )

8/23
    S.D. PADRES ( at N.Y. Mets )

K.C. ROYALS ( at Anaheim Angels )

BALTIMORE ORIOLES ( at Oakland A’s )

8/24
    S.F. GIANTS ( at Florida Marlins )

COLORADO ROCKIES ( at Atlanta Braves )

8/31
    COLORADO ROCKIES ( at S.F. Giants )

BALTIMORE ORIOLES ( at T.B. Devilrays )

-------------------------------------------------------------------

9/6
    BOSTON REDSOX ( at Oakland A’s )

9/7
    TORONTO BLUEJAYS ( at Anaheim Angels )

9/14
    T.B. DEVILRAYS ( at Boston Redsox )

DETROIT TIGERS ( at Cleveland Indians )

----------------------------------------------------------------

Hope this helps everyone. If we can hit 55 - 60 % it will be a big winner for us because like I said before ... I would think most of our plays will be underdogs. Will update results as the games come back and will post a reminder for all upcoming plays. Good Luck All -Neil

Thanks for the post and putting the time in to research :D

Just FYI- You missed the Tigers coming back from the west coast.

5 /11 - They play Oakland at home. I don't know when they go back to the west coast but there should be one or two more times.

Detroit is in Eastern Standard Time. So they should be apart of the system.

Hope this helps. I for one will be following this system all year. Because like you said it should easly show a profit.

Thanks Again
    1 of 1 Morons

Comment

I have some comments and a question about the system:
      First of all, has anyone ever tried this before with baseball and not the NBA as has done Wayne, and if so what were the results?
      My comments and opinions(and obviously thats all they are right now, as system is unproven one way or the other) are as follows:
      As stated I am not sure there is a real advantage here especially when both teams are traveling through three time zones, as by my way of thinking the team which is originally from the time zone (i.e. a western team returning home against an eastern team traveling from the east to the west) still has the advantage because they are used to that time zone.
      Also, unlike basketball, which is more of a team sport, baseball relies more on individuals, and if you take that as a given, then I don't think you can generalize over how individual player's performances will be affected by the travel.
      I mean if Barry Bonds is traveling 3000 miles back to SF after a road trip, is his ability to hit a homer going to be impaired because of jet lag,etc.
      Conversely, even if you say that it possible Bond's ability would be affected, then you would also have to say that any eastern slugger who is traveling to play the Giants would be affected equally.
      I think in basketball, where team concept is so important and the team has to play together as a unit the concept has more meaning.
      Yes, I know that some of those visiting dogs will be underdogs and you will get ta nice price if the team wins.
      However, don't forget by the same token that in Wayne's systems, some of those visiting team covered the points but did not win the game outright;thus the two ways inherent in betting baseball and basketball(points vs just winning the game) in a sense cancel each other out.
      By my way of thinking if a team is hot, a team is hot and vice versa.
      Case in point last night:
      The Yankees great comeback last night had nothing to do with travel;they won because they are hot and everyone is producing in a timely manner.
      I could go on and give more examples, but I think you get my point;of course I do hope your system works.
      That being said, I would be very much surprised if over the season your system yields any better results than you would have by simply capping the games cited by more traditional methods.
      Good luck and I will be watching.

Comment

good work and thank you looks like it would take quite some time.... good luck!

Comment

Homer

Thanks a million ! I'll go back right now and review the Tiger Schedule . I'll make all adjustments and edits within a short while . You're Great !!! Thanks again . -Neil

Comment

I would also add to my comments that on a number of occasions the starting pitchers are actually sent ahead the day before if a team goes from one time zone to another; as I think you would agree, the starting pitcher is quite important, and just sending him ahead to rest and get ready for the game in the different time zone would also help to negate the time differential. jmho.

Comment

Savage

If I remember right and Wayne would have to varify. but I think this system in baseball actually has a good track record.

He was talking about it last year.

Just can't remember how well it did.

He also was saying that its ready not the Jet lag. It's the fact that the teams are coming home from a long trip and really aren't focused on the game.

Wayne would have to Varify this but I think it's right.
              1 of 1 Morons

Comment

Nice job! Thanks.:D

Comment

Savage

Hey Savage! I remember us talking about great gambling movies a while back . I mentioned " The Gambler " with James Caan as being a must see. I haven't forgotten to remind you if it's ever going to be showing . I have the DVD ... but it hasn't been on since we last talked . (Just wanted you to know ... lol ) But definitely pick it up if you get the chance.

Wayne mentioned during NBA season that the system has done well in MLB but that he wasn't going to do it for baseball this season . So I thought I'd take a run at it .

Better he should talk with you about it . I know I've used it off and on throughout the years and it definitely has held up. I think the whole premise makes a lot of sense ... teams tend to be flat 1st game back after a road trip .... the 3 timezone change doesn't help matters either. As for the specific won / loss record ... that I can't say.

We'll just have to see is all .

Take care , -Neil

Comment

Homer-for first part of game Oakland was focused;they lost in my mind not because of any system which involved travell;they lost because the Yankees came back because they are hot and, while a team is hot, they should be bet.
                    I don't care if they are traveling 2 feet to play the game or 3000 miles.
                    I would love an explanation in terms of the flow of Yankee game how Oakland got such a big lead to begin with if they were not focused.
                    By my way of thinking I think perhaps the second game after a road trip might be a better test of the system because perhaps the home team gets the adrenalin flowing for that first game home if you want to use the team as a standard(as stated before my reason for questioning the system has to do with fact that baseball is an individual sport rather than a team sport, and 25 individuals react differently to time travel).
                    Time will tell (no pun intended).

Comment

Homer

Detroit comes home on May 11 but their last road game is at Texas . I believe the Rangers play in Arlington Texas which is only a 1 hour time difference from Detroit . I use the website Wayne gave me yesterday to get that info.
                      Detroit has no other situations this season where they come home from a 3 timezone city.

Thanks for keeping an eye out . I tried to be real meticulous with this. So much can be riding on each play ... the last thing I want to do is let anyone down .

Just for good measure I'll check everything once more . I don't mind . I love doing this kinda stuff. -Neil

Comment

SF49erman - Tony Vegas

Thanks guys .... the easy stuff is complete .... now comes the hard part .... Let's win !!! -Neil

Comment

Coverboy-I wish you the best, and if it works, I will use it. I have no malice in my post.
                          The biggest difference I see is that as stated I see baseball as an individual sport for the most part, and that using that as a premise, it diminishes the importance of your system which uses the team concept as its focus.
                          ps Can't remember if I saw The Gambler;I will check the movie query search to find out what it is about to see if I have seen it or not.

Comment

Working...
                          X