When series go 2-1, cream rises to top

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When series go 2-1, cream rises to top

Very strong situations tonight in the NBA and we can take a cue from last night's games to see how they will go. Psychology is huge in the NBA playoffs. Teams that get humiliated (not beat but destroyed) come back and play well (examples: New Orleans in game three and Milwaukee in game two).

When series go to 2-1, the better team usually wins. Last night, Detroit, simply the much better team, had a huge ffort on the road against Milwaukee while the other road team, Sacramento, was a straight up road upset winner over Dallas.

I see the same thing tonight. Miami catching points against New Orleans looks like a steal. Even coming off a humiliating loss, New Orleans could only win by six in game three. In this game, Miami will demonstrate that it is simply the better team. They won by 30 in game two, after all.

In the other game, play the road team also. Minnesota is just flat out beter than Denver. The Nuggets played a huge game in their first home playoff game in years in game three, but tonite the title contending Timberwolves will be the ones with the strong motivation. Laying only 3 1/2 looks like an easy cover, although I bought it to -3 because 3 is a key number in NBA final scores.

In theory I agree with you. In reality it's not true.

Round 1 seed #1 leading series 2-1. Game 4 has the following history the past 4 playoff seasons:

SU: 3-4
    ATS: 2-4-1

Seed #2:
    SU: 3-4
    ATS: 3-4

Before this year the first round was best of 5. It's possible these stats are no longer valid.

Comment

I think the line is a trap. Everywhere I go I see Miami.

I think New Orleans -2 is a good bet. JMHO.

Good Luck on the side you choose.

It's not Gambling...It's Sports Investing !!!

Comment

Working...
      X