Witnessing History :

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Witnessing History :

O.K. Im sure your wondering the gist of this post , well first off anybody notice how the home teams did tonight in the MLB :confused:

I will let you in on something :

" 1 - 13 "

with the Brewers being the only homies to pull it out ( and they had to pull hard ) . I suffered my worst day in the bases so far this year , going 4-9 and getting hosed for over a grand :angryfire

It is something that just doesnt happen in the MLB very often and I mean doesnt happen ! My run in the playoffs saved me from complete disaster going 5-1 ( again ) for a 18-4 run there (3-1 & 5-1 & 5-1 posted here ) as the NBA has been my friend lately (my only one ) .

I dont think I am going to play any bases for a few days , and post opinions only till I shake this crab thats in my soup and try to right my ship . Sorry to anyone who got clipped and I will be back soon , just going to lay-low for a few .

80 - 66 - 3 + 27.21 YTD ( A - 14.00 * recently )

Will see if my luck hangs tough in the others sports

G.L.

***MMM***

:cool: :cool: :cool:
    " The Wind Does Not Wait For The Tree To Bend "

Memphis-I noticed that myself. Amazing.
    I am postive I am going to play Arizona today(Thursday);afterall they don't want to be the only visiting team which disn't cover during this amazing 24 hour timeframe(its an afternoon game).lol

Comment

MMM

Dear Triple M - Please do not feel so badly ... Tonite was just a hiccup in the grand scheme of things. In the long run we earn money .

There's very little advice that I can offer a high - line pro (which you are) but there's one thing I do know : Dont let minor setbacks alter your techniques ... stick fast to the methods you employ which have made you such a fine handicapper . You wouldnt want to lose confidence and start second guessing yourself . I'm sure you won't !

I'm quite certain that all of your adult loyal following here in Bettors will agree with me .

You've let no one down ... quite the contrary is true ! You're one of the top earners here and we admire and respect you so much.

So get a decent night's sleep and remember that we're all in your corner .

Yours truly , Neil

Comment

TOTALLY, REMEMBER WHAT YOU TOLD ME! I'M STILL ABOARD
        GOTTA LOVE BASKETBALL!!!
        STILL FOLLOW AT OWN RISK

Comment

MMM

You've delivered more 9-4 night than 4-9. In the long run I'm confident I'll win far more than lose following your selections.

Thanks once again for sharing.
          Last edited by frankb03; 04-22-2004, 06:28 PM.

Comment

So no 4 team parlays with Homer either?:D
            The Rice Truck is NEVER Wrong!!!

Comment

Memphis

It's Only Money! Keep your chin up! hc

Comment

MMM

You will continue to kill the man. One day doesn't make a season and we all know that you will cash for the whole season.

You think your night was bad. Look at my record for the whole season. :angryfire :angryfire

This is unbelieveable.
                1 of 1 Morons

Comment

Fellas :

I think that my post was taken in the wrong manner , I will play as I have for years now and my commitment is as strong as ever.

I just was saying that " History " was in the making last night and I was on the wrong side of it because of my capping style that reflects my wagers . Not that I dont have bad days , lets face it guys , We all havem .

The reference to history was intended to say that you go back in baseballs past and find me where the home teams get the broom put upside them like they where last nite and you will have to spend sometime at your computer in the search mode because its a " very rare occurance " and you might not see it again for another 10 years .

Granted I wasnt overcome with joy by the outcomes , but in no way was my post meant to say I give up . Just that I was going to lay-low as indicated for a few days and regroup and track the trends because they are important to me.

Thanks to :

CoverBoy for his very nice inference about my style , it goes along way in building confidence !

logan3372 for reminding me of my own advise

frankb03 for being a steady force and a positive influence to us all .

bigjimt for pushing me to lay-out a parlay

hazsupport for counting my money

savage1 for understanding my main aim !

Homer :

For all that you do , how does one thank you ?

And this year has to be about the strangest start in many ways , off-season aquisitions changed the face of many teams and we are not done seeing that yet (by no means) . And watch out for your Tigers when they get Dimitri back ! Plus my little wager on Baltimore & San Diego wasnt so far-fetched as it seemed , but it is early .

I employ you to take my lay-off as a good thing , because thats what it is . I will come back firing away with all 6 cylinders and picked (as usual) everygame on the board (just not wagered) . I am soothing my soul and have every reason to believe that I will overcome a few days slump . Look at my NBA , it has the markings of a Ty Gaston Code Elephant all over it 18-4 is nothing to be ignored though (albeit just 13-3 here).

Again a big thanks to all of you fellas , and fear-not I will be back . And in a big way when I splash down !

G.L.

***MMM***

ps - not doing so bad today ..... already :cool:

Comment

MM,

You had a rough one, but those dont seem to happen too often and you sure have the confidence of fellow cappers. I would imagine you will bounce back strong today.

I didnt see a 1-13 on the other site, it had you as 10-28 I think..but you are still ranked #19 over there, so that isnt too bad.

Good luck on the games today, I checked and you must have 40 games going today. Lets root for a 39-1 kind of day!

:D

Comment

wallstreet :

Lets root for a 39-1 kind of day!

How bout 9-1-1

G.L.

***MMM***

ps - Thanks , so far so good

Comment

Hoops

Hi Memphis,

Your NBA has been more than solid this week , do you have any opinions on tonight's match-ups ???

Good luck

SoG

Comment

Pardon my ignorance, but please Memphis or Wallstreet tell me how I can access those records and plays you allude to at "the other site."
                          thanks

Comment

Re: Hoops

Originally posted by SonOfGroo
                            Hi Memphis,

Your NBA has been more than solid this week , do you have any opinions on tonight's match-ups ???

Good luck

SoG
                            Thanks SoG and I am hanging my hat on the following :

Memphis ( go figure ) + 3.5 *** & Under 173.5 **
                            New York + 4 * & Under 180 *
                            Home Teams + 6 @ +250 *

13-3 ( here ) 18-4 Overall NBA Playoffs

G.L.

***MMM***

ps - savage1 , I will get back to you later

Thanks frankb03
                            Last edited by MemphisMafia; 04-22-2004, 07:13 PM.

Comment

MMM

In the NBA I believe you have the game totals for the wrong games.

Knicks/Nets should be 180
                              Griz/Spurs should be 173.5

Comment

Working...
                              X