Friday Sandlot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Friday Sandlot

Another nice night, going 2-0, +7.15 units. See if we can keep it going today.

RARE 10* PLAY
    Boston/Toronto OVER 10.5 (EVEN)....Absolutely love this game. Boston not getting in until this morning, a bullpen that is tired and a starter who hasn't started a game in almost 2 years. Toronto trots out Ted Lilly who, in one start at Fenway last year, gave up 6 ER in 3.1 IP. Look for them to combine for 15+ runs today.

5* Top Play
    Texas +135 ....R.A. Dickey fared very well vs. the Angels last year. Pitched in 5 games, started 2, and ended 1-0 with a 2.25 ERA. Although the big key was only 3 BB and 16Ks in 16.1 IP. Plus, he's had a great spring, 2-0 with a 1.64 ERA. On the other hand, Ortiz has a great career record against Texas: 11-3; however, he has an ERA of 4.43 against them. And last year, he was 2-2 with a 6.64 ERA. Throw in the fact that he had an ERA of almost 7 this spring, and it should hopefully lead to a Rangers victory.

3* Medium Play
    Seattle +114....neither starter has had a good spring, but Franklin has had success vs. the A's (3-1, 3.09 in 2003), while Redman has struggled against the M's (0-4, 6.75 career).

Pitt/Cincy UNDER 9.5 (-120)....both Harang and Fogg have pitched well vs. their opposition. Only concern for me is the weakness of both closers in this game. They can turn a 4-3 game into a 6-5 game very quickly.

Milwaukee +150....Wade Miller has dominated the Brewers in his career, going 10-1 with a 2.53 ERA. Obermueller has been solid vs. the Astros in his career, and the dogs seem to be doing well in their home openers this year, so I'm going to keep riding them.

1* Small Play
    White Sox +200 ....Jon Garland looks like he's ready to come into his own. A great spring, 4-0 with a 2.38 ERA. Had pitched well in his career vs. NY in two starts, although he's 0-2, he only has an ERA of 3.65. The only thing that really scares me here is that Garland does not pitch well during the day. Contreras has had an average spring, and hasn't pitched in a game situation in a long time because of the Japan trip. He shut the Sox down last year, but that frequently happens when Chicago faces pitchers they haven't seen before.

Philadelphia +102....Pavano has had a solid spring and Milton hasn't; however, this is the first time anybody on Florida (outside of Conine) has faced Milton. Florida likes to run and Milton does a good job of keeping runners close.

Record to Date
    5* - 2-2, -5 units
    3* - 6-0-1, +19.4 units!!!
    1* - 0-2, -2 units

nice!

Glad to see you in the Tor/Bost over! Good luck.:tongue:

Comment

Good info and write ups. Your record reflects the work that you put in. GLTY today.

Comment

Thanks for the Information on the Texas game, I just posted in my thread Seattle vs Oakland why are people liking Texas in this game. Now I know. Nice price too. Worth a play for me.
        Good Luck

Comment

Working...
        X