Tuesday baseball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tuesday baseball

Well, after getting clobbered in the Sweet 16 round, I hung it up for a few weeks. Stupid me......as EZ went on a tear and I ended up costing myself a ton of money. Oh well, on to a sport that I do know......(imagine the James Earl Jones voice) "BASE-BAAAAL"

5*
    Boston (-200) - I just don't see them starting 0-2, and many of these Orioles' hitters will be seeing him for the first time.

Detroit/Toronto OVER 10.5 - The Tigers have some bats in their lineup this year, but Mike Maroth still can't break glass with his fastball and Toronto is too good of a hitting team to not break out today. Batista was tough in the first part of the year in 2003, and usually a pitcher coming from the other league fares well his first time around without the hitters knowing him. However, Detroit is stacked with ex-NLers, and 7 of Detroit's starters have faced Batista in the past. Detroit has a very good chance of winning this game, but I really like the over.

3*
    Tampa Bay (+180) - they have won their last three home openers, and I like them to upset the Yankees again.

Atlanta/NYM OVER 9 - Wouldn't be surprised if Glavine gives up 7 or 8 himself.

1*
    Atlanta (-160) - Glavine has just taken a beating against his former team. Many of his ex-mates are now gone, but I don't look for his luck to change today.

I like your selections. GL!

Comment

Working...
    X