Tuesday Baseball.........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tuesday Baseball.........

A 2-1 day on the diamond yesterday with Cleveland blowing a 4 run lead to cost us the sweep! These are my plays for today.......

2 STAR: Montreal (+150) OVER FLORIDA

(LIVIAN HERNANDEZ VS. JOSH BECKETT)
    (BOTH PITCHERS MUST START)

Can Josh Beckett pick up where he left off in the World Series and be one of the top pitchers in the league? That remains to be seen, but I will go against him here in this match up with the Expos. Beckett has really struggled this spring, he was 1-4 in the spring, but the more shocking numbers are the 42 hits and 18 earned runs in only 30.1 innings pitched!! Yikes!! Livian Hernandez has faired pretty well against the Marlins in the past, posting a career record of 6-3 with an ERA of 2.47 against the Fish. Hernandez has also has a nice spring, going 1-0 with an ERA of just 2.37. I look for the Expos to get the win here!

2 STAR: SEATTLE (-130) OVER Anaheim

(JAMIE MOYER VS. BARTOLO COLON)

Jamie Moyer gets the opening day start for the Mariners and the Mariners are 7-3 in his last ten starts against the Angels. Bartolo Colon was a big pickup for the Angels in the off season, but he has struggled through the spring with an ERA of 5.16 while allowing 31 hits in only 22 innings. Colon also has a losing record against the Mariners for his career posting a 5-6 record with an ERA of 4.46. Look for the Mariners to get the win here!

2 STAR: Detroit (+180) OVER TORONTO

(MIKE MAROTH VS. MIGUEL BATISTA)
    (ACTION)

The Tigers are a much improved team and after hammering Cy Young winner Roy Halliday yesterday Detroit is full of confidence. The Toronto bats did nothing yesterday and they might not break out against Maroth in this game today either. Maroth has had a pretty good spring, and I think there is some pretty good value in this line. I'll take Detroit to get off to a 2-0 start!

2 STAR: San Diego (+110) OVER LOS ANGELES

(JAKE PEAVY VS. ODALIS PEREZ)

The Padres got the win yesterday as the Dodgers picked up where they left off last season, struggling to score runs, only putting two on the board against San Diego. I don't look for them to do too much damage against Jake Peavy in this game either. Peavy is 2-1 in his career against LA with an ERA of 3.12. Odalis Perez is only 1-3 in his career against San Diego with an ERA of 5.81. He has pitched well this season, but I don't look for to get much run support in this game. I like the Padres to make it two straight wins!

2004 MLB RECORD

5 STAR RECORD 0-0 (+0.00 UNITS)
    3 STAR RECORD 1-0 (+3.15 UNITS)
    2 STAR RECORD 0-1 (-2.00 UNITS)
    1 STAR RECORD 3-0 (+4.10 UNITS)

OVERALL RECORD 4-1 (+5.25 UNITS)
    A $100 player would be up $525.00

Last edited by ez winners; 04-06-2004, 12:01 PM.
    Good luck,
    John

WITH U TODAY LETS GET THE DOGS HOME $$$$$$ GL TO US

Comment

GL today Bud
      1 of 1 Morons

Comment

good luck buddy!

Comment

Good luck EZ!!

Comment

I made an edit, Montreal should be a 2 STAR play as well.
            Good luck,
            John

Comment

good luck today, keep it rolling

Comment

THAT GOOD RECORD JONH!!!! JJ AND STEWART ON CRACK GIVE UP TOO MANY RUN COST ME SWEEP TOO WITH SABVERTHEIA!!!

TIGER BETTER, PRICE TOO HIGH THEY BETTER, BUT I PASS SEE IS MORATH BETTER THIS YEAR HE SUCK TOO MUCH LAT YEAR OK!!!!

GOOD LUCK JOHN COLON KICK SEATLE THOUGJH!!!! OK OUT!!!!

WARIOR BYE!!!!

Comment

good luck today john!

Comment

Tough loss with SD as this game was very similar to the Minn/Clev game on Monday. Up 4-0 and ends up losing.

GL on Wednesday.
                    NSA's NBA Game Of The Year was on Dallas -4.5 on March 31. Orlando won 108-99. It was a cloudy day for Sonny LaFouchi.

Comment

Working...
                    X