X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MLB salaries

Monday, 4-5-04

It is opening day for many MLB teams so I think this is a timely post:

This is nothing new and most of you have probably seen similar comparisons but I am always amazed (and sickened) by these numbers.

--Here is an article about MLB salaries that was written at the start of the 2001 MLB baseball season........three years ago!
    --I am looking for a more current breakdown and will post it as soon as I can find one.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    In somewhat related news, the average salary for major league baseball players this season is $2,264,403. Alex Rodriguez, baseball's highest paid player at $21 million (plus bonuses) earns about $130,000 per game. If averaged out over the course of a year, Rodriguez makes $57,534 per day. The average household income in the United States is $54,842 per year. Rodriguez's yearly salary is just short of the entire Minnesota Twins' team, which is the league’s lowest at $24.4 million.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The complete article can be found at:
    http://www.badsamaritan.com/original...ves/000657.php

Major league baseball= America's pastime :confused:

Bennojd
    Quote from author Peter Marshall: "If you don't stand for something, you'll fall for everything."

To add to your argument, as big a Red Sox fan as I am, I am disgusted at ticket prices.
    They stated just yesterday that Boston has the ignominious distinction of being the highest priced city in which to bring a family of four to a ballgame;total cost is $263.
    You sure as hell won't find me going there at those ripoff ticket prices.
    I'll just stay home and watch games on tv.

Comment

yeh you're better off crying by yourself this year instead with 50,000 other idiots..

LONG LIVE THE EMPIRE!

Comment

LOL. Fenway only holds 34000 though(perhaps one of big reasons for absurd ticket prices).

Comment

Working...
        X