Conn Vs Duke

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Conn Vs Duke

I finished my work on the Final Four and thought I would give it now so if the opportunity comes to get a better line you will be there.

Conn -2 Over Duke

Since there Big East Win over Pittsburgh Conn has handle the NCAA Tournament by winning there four games by margins of 17,17,20 and 16. I believe they could have won each of those by at least 30 if they wanted.
    Conn has won 12 of there last 13 there last 7 straight and are 6-1 ATS over those 7 games. Conn is shooting at a 48% clip from the field which is exactly what they shot during the season. There Defense is holding teams to a 31% from the field in the tournament and they held teams to 32% from the field during the season. They Play Defense
    They also are shooting a hot 42% from 3pt land and holding teams to 29% from 3pt land. perimeter Defense is what keeps teams from coming back late in ballgames.
    They are also out rebounding teams by 13 a game they out rebounded teams by 11 during the season. They are playing there best ball at the right time of the year.
    Okafor is one of the top 3 players in college Hoops, Blocking shots like a madman. That's one reason they defend the 3 so well.
    Gordon Looks unstoppable
    Rashad Anderson Who replaced D. Brown has scored 43pts his last two games.

The one bad thing and it's not that bad but it could come back and hurt them is Free Throw Shooting.
    They shot 62% during the year and have upped that to 66% in the tournament (Not Too Good But Not To Bad)

Duke...
    They got by Alabama St and then a Bad Seton Hall Team But then were Tested Big Time by Illinois.
    Illinois Hung around until the 5 minute mark and that was with two key players in foul trouble.
    Then the X-Men held Duke to 38% shooting from the field Duke did a great job on Sato and with Myles fouling out at the 13 minute mark with 16pts and 10 boards on a pair of very questionable calls I might add The X-men still had a great shot to win that game..
    If Duke had trouble with Myles what are they going to do with Okafor,Villanueva and Boone????
    Duke is an avg rebounding team and they are good defensive team but not great and they will have trouble down low defending Conn.
    Conn on a Roll and Duke is not strong enough to stay with this team for 40 minutes.

I'LL TAKE CONN -2

NOTE: I would bet this game now and if by chance you get a -1 somewhere around game time I would add another 1 unit to this play
    But only add the Unit if you are laying -1

Also I'll have a write-up on Okla St Vs G.T I'm playing Okla St. Not sure for how much at this time but you will have a write-up no later then tomorrow. If by chance you see a -4 sometime between now and tomorrow POUND IT
    ONLY AT -4

I agree with what U said 100% about Duke & UConn but thats why Im playing Duke hard

UConn looks 2 easy 2 me.

GL

PEACE

Comment

Point well taken..

But Duke is like the Yankees of College ball so I believe they shaded the line a bit... Duke won't go easy but I believe they will go.. Good Luck..

Comment

Originally posted by paulsam1
        Point well taken..

But Duke is like the Yankees of College ball so I believe they shaded the line a bit... Duke won't go easy but I believe they will go.. Good Luck..
        I agree with you on that point also that Duke is overrated by the LINESMAKERS but they arent playing some UPSTART, UNDER THE RADAR TEAM.........this is UCONN who was PRESEASON #1 and the FAV to win the whole thing

I think the 2 is low but thats the beauty of this #............they should get heavy action both ways

PEACE

Comment

I like Duke

Two sacred rules in NCAA tourney games, expecially late in the tournament. Go with the best point guard and the best coach. This angle has held up again and again and led to many upsets, including Duke's huge upset of UNLV in, I think, 1990.

Duke's PG also happens to be their best player while UConn's best player is an inside man.

In any event, I'll take a healthy Duhon over a worn down Okafor and while I don't disparage Calhoun, there's a reason why Coach K has been to about 850 final 4s. Also, this game could be very close so the 2 points, which could be 2 1/2 or 3 by game time is a much bigger bonus than it first appears. (I'm still stinging over hammering Okla State at -2 1/2 over St. Joes and missing the cover by a 1/2) Good luck on what should be a great game.

Comment

gris my man who said Duhon was healthy he's a warrior but he's far from healthy. What Ben Gordon is chop liver. JJ won't get a clean look all game and he hasn't been tearing them up the last 8 or so games.. I mean anything can happen it's a ballgame But Duke will need a super effort to beat this club the way Conn is playing.
            I would like to go out on a limb here and say conn will have a 15pt lead at about the 8 minute mark and win this game by 8-10pts.

Comment

test

yo

Comment

Taliek Brown is better then Duhon

The only thing Duhon does better is shoot the ball, which he isn't that great at anyhow. Taliek is a better defender and has a better assist-to-turnover ratio. Duhon is the most overrated player in college ball, by far.
                Jake Voskuhl has better hair than you.

Comment

Everyone and their mom is on UCONN--

better coach, experienced senior point guard in Duhon--give me DUKE +3 come Sat.

Comment

Working...
                  X