Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 16-4 college bball system

St Johns if a favorite and Kansas

Kansas is the only play for today since St. Johns was not a favorite.

Here is a write up from Texas Sportswire...

TEXAS (13-2 SU/7-4 ATS) at KANSAS (13-5 SU/7-7 ATS)

Texas will travel to Kansas for a key Big-12 Conference game featuring two nationally ranked teams. Texas is coming off a 76-55 win and cover as -10 point home favorites. Brandon Mouton scored 20 points and T.J. Ford sparked Texas' key second-half run as the 4th ranked Longhorns pulled away for a solid win. Ford scored six straight points in a burst that broke open a tight game, and he finished with 15 points, six rebounds and four assists. Texas recorded its eighth straight win to remain unbeaten at home this season. Missouri had rallied from a 14-point halftime deficit to pull within 52-46 on Travon Bryant's 3-pointer with 9:44 to play. That's when Ford took over. The 5-foot-10 point guard hit two free throws and converted a quick layup by slashing around three defenders in the lane. He then grabbed a long rebound off a Missouri miss and finished a perfect give-and-go with Mouton for another layup to push the Texas lead back up to 58-46 as the Longhorns pulled away. Brian Boddicker added 11 points and James Thomas, the Big 12's leading rebounder, had a game-high eight rebounds for Texas. Texas's defense all but shut down Missouri in the first half, when the Tigers committed 11 turnovers and shot just 9-of-31 from the floor, including just three field goals in the final 10 minutes. Texas closed the half with an 11-2 run keyed by Mouton's 3-pointer and went into the break leading 36-22. Mouton shot 5-of-6 in the first half. Missouri opened the second with an 11-3 run that got the Tigers within six and kept it close until Ford sparked the Longhorns' final run. Despite controlling the first-half scoring and leading by 13 points at the break, 6th-ranked Kansas was defeated by number-one ranked Arizona Saturday, 91-74, in Allen Fieldhouse as -5 point favorites. The loss marks Kansas' second straight and ended a 23-game non-conference home win streak. It was a tale of two halves. The Jayhawks led 7-6 at the 17:15 mark in the first half and never let go of the advantage, reaching a game-high 20-point lead with 5:41 left in the first half and leading 52-39 at halftime. KU shot a blistering 64.7 percent from the field (22-34) in the first 20 minutes, led by sophomore Keith Langford with 22 first-half points, while Arizona shot 51.9 percent from the field on 14-of-27 shooting. But the story would change after the break as Kansas shot an anemic 29.0 percent from the field (9-of-31) in the second half and the Wildcats took advantage of the rare low-scoring Kansas effort and continued to shoot well, hitting 53.3 percent from the field (16-of-30) in the second stanza. Arizona took over the lead by three points, 60-57, at the 13:57 mark of the second half and slowly built its leverage. The Jayhawks were able to get within a two- or three- bucket distance on several occasions, but never regained control of the game, losing 91-74. There was a large difference in free-throw shooting as the 'Cats hit 22-of-26 from the line while KU made 4-of-12. Kansas was also out rebounded 38-28. Langford led the Kansas charge with a career-high 27 points (11-of-19), including three from behind the arc, while seniors Nick Collison and Kirk Hinrich each collected 15-points to aid the Jayhawks. Kansas is 5-1 SU and 4-2 ATS the last six meetings with Texas. These teams meet just once a year in conference play. Texas comes in 8-2 SU and 5-3 ATS (4-0 ATS last four games) in their last ten games. Kansas is also 8-2 SU and 5-3 ATS in their last ten games, but are currently on a 0-3 ATS slide. Look for the Jayhawks to rebound from their loss on Saturday with a solid SU and ATS win.

Last edited by 4breakout; 01-27-2003, 08:54 PM.

Comment

A loss with Kansas makes it 16-5

A win tonight with Mich st. makes it 17-5 (lower ranked(or preferably)unranked favorite at home).

Unfortunately I was unable to get to a computer to post the play.

Tomorrow it looks like Mississippi right now....

and way early....Saturday maybe Syracuse, S.Carolina, Kansas St,& Cincinnati
      Last edited by 4breakout; 01-28-2003, 09:58 PM.

Comment

Nice win tonight. Myself I was soo hot the last two weeks.
        This week struggling. 1-2 last night and 1-3 tonight so far with
        3 games left to finish. I'll be looking forward to your pick on Wednesday.

Comment

I won't be able to post till later at night. If Mississippi is favored take them if not pass.

Comment

Thanks, have a good night.

Comment

17-5
              Mississippi a no play since they were a dog.

Tomorrow take Arizona St minus the points and UCLA if they are a favorite. Hopefully we take it to 18-5 or 19-5.

Comment

Arizona State currently is - 4
                UCLA is +3 currently
                I'm guessing the only play will be Arizona State.

Comment

18-5 after Arizona St

1-1 today losing with Cincy and winning with Syracuse
                  taking it to 19-6

tomorrow take Michigan St also UNC & USC if they are favorites.

Good luck.

Comment

Man i'm sorry but your posts are confusing as hell i thought you lost with Ariz st ? 17-6?

Comment

4, if your playing the system i'm thinking of 2 of those 5 losses are because of mu catching on the road. might want to bounce them out of the equation. Only bring it up b/c i'm a Marquette fan. Keep up the good work.
                      Last edited by chalkeater; 02-01-2003, 10:40 PM.

Comment

Ariz st won by 5
                        I got 3.5 the day before(when I made the post)
                        Mbates got and posted -4 the day of.

It may have been a loss to some if they put it in 15 minutes before game time after Ariz St got steamed by the wiseguys.

Todays play is Mich St minus the 2.5 or 3

Comment

Yup, that's the play, great work 4break, 400 hits, you must be doing ok

Comment

19-6-1 most people had Mich st -3(push)

Tuesday looks like Kentucky and MAYBE Colorado if they are a favorite against Texas.

Comment

Working...
                            X