Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Time Has Come......

My 2nd largest wager of the tournament.

Let's take a trip out to East Rutherford New Jersey shall we. Where at approximetely 10:00 EST St Joes will engage in its biggest test against Wake Forest. Finally the BettorsChat St Joes critics get what they want, St Joes going against an ACC team. This game actually causes matchup problems in the front court for St Joes, but in college baskteball, guard play wins games. We will see a young Chris Paul attempt to contain the most explosive player in college baskteball. It was announced to the Philadelphia community that St Joes would been playing in its biggest "revenge game" ever. Revege? Yes Revenge. Billy Packer's Alma Mater is Wake Forest LMAO ! For many years up Philly boys have been needing a champion, the Eagles have choked it up 3 years in a row, the Flyers do the samething every year, the Sixers win games without their best player even playing. This is what we have left until baseball season. I have to follow my heart here as I am completely biased.

Lets take a little trip to last week.

Wake Forest opened up against Va Commonwealth and they squeaked out a win laying 12 1/2.

Wake Forest then met Manhattan in the 2nd round laying 7 and won by 4.

St Joes met Liberty in the 1st round laying 23, winning by 19

St Joes then went on to play Texas Tech in the 2nd round laying 6 1/2 winning by 5

Both teams are 0-2 ATS

I was thinking about doing some research to get some trends, but as we saw last night with Hawaii, trends mean absolutely nothing. ANY GIVEN DAY.

Phil Martelli is one of the most underrated coaches ever until this year. Every year he takes a school of 2500 to the Big Dance. Some of you may remember a kid by the name of Connor, from about 4 years ago. They played Stanford in round 2 of the tourney, St joes the 9 seed, Stanford the 1 seed. This kid lit them up for 43 in a 8 point loss. This was the beginning of the St Joes we see today. That was Jameer Nelson's freshman year. I still remember to this day, when Jameer got into the game in crunch time with 3 mins left and hit a running layup to tie the game, the announcer said "I heard things about this Nelson kid, I think hes going to be truly a good collgiate player when its all said and done."

I will always play the team with less talent and more heart, as i had N. Iowa going to the sweet 16, as i did with UTEP.

MY pick is completely biased, im not going to lie, but i have never seen a championship here, and this could be the one

ST JOES -????? IM WAITING ON THIS LINE TO CONTUNUELY DROP AS IT HAS ALREADY DROPPED 1 1/2 POINTS, NOW DOWN TO 2 1/2, HELL IM HOPING TO SOMEHOW GET -1

GOOD LUCK
    Success will be the best revenge

just a warning

i like st. joe's as well seanie mac but don't bet with your heart..........good luck!

Comment

Kid???

I get a kick out of your use of the term 'kid'! The kid by the name of Connor is 4 or more years older than you.

LMAO

I agree with Tony! NEVER bet with your heart. It's a sure way to lose.

Comment

Years back :

I learned to seperate my wants from my going to happens

G.L.

***MMM***

:cool: :cool: :cool:
        " The Wind Does Not Wait For The Tree To Bend "

Comment

whatever floats ur boat

Comment

Unfortunately, St Joe's boat will sink this weekend. I'll be rooting for them. I can't see them advancing to the final four. I think they'll beat Wake. Then lose to either Ok St or Pitt.
            Last edited by frankb03; 03-23-2004, 03:32 PM.

Comment

frank i agree also

Comment

WAKE FOREST..

ARE YOU GUYS KIDDING ME?? HAHAH.. St. Joes is done after their next game.. Wake Forest HAS A DOMINATING FRONTCOURT WITH DANIELUOS AND WILLIAMS!.. they will eat that fool Jones alive.. and Jameer has a slight edge on Chris Paul but they make up it up Justin lights out gray..

WAKEFOREST WILL win this game.

Comment

how about we make a friendly wager then>?

Comment

wager what?

Comment

Great write up! South Jersey/Philly boy here also so I feel your pain with the Philly sports teams! My money will be with yours on Joe's. This team has been hearing all year that they are over rated and haven't played anyone. They have something to prove and WILL. GO HAWKS!!

Comment

whurr. if i win, have to put SEANIE MAC IS THE KING IN EVERYONE OF UR POSTS

and if i lose, I WILL PUT WHURRMYMONEYAT AT THE END OF EVERYONE OF MY POSTS

Comment

LIKE INSTEAD OF THIS - i beat spreads orange juice style - to a bloody pulp

I WILL CHANGE IT TO WHURRMYMONEYAT IS THE KING

Comment

where has DINGLEBERRY been????

PEACE

Comment

Out Loud :

Hes been chillin !!!

G.L.

***MMM***

:cool: :cool: :cool:

Ps - the stripes on a tiger never change , just the landscape around him !
                              " The Wind Does Not Wait For The Tree To Bend "

Comment

Working...
                              X