ATLANTA HAWKS at the KNICKS 3/22

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ATLANTA HAWKS at the KNICKS 3/22

The NEW YORK KNICKS open a 3 game home stand in the friendly confines of the MADISON SQUARE GARDEN tonight at 7:30 pm vs ATLANTA. NEW YORK is playing for its playoff life, and ATLANTA is just trying to get through the season as respectably as possible, after losing 10 of their last 13 contests.
    NEW YORK'S last game was in CHICAGO, where the BULLS were clinging to an 83-81 lead with 26 ticks left on the clock. NEW YORK at that point collapsed and ended up losing 87-81. Before that they cruised to a 79-65 victory over NEW JERSEY at the Garden in a game that did not see Jason Kidd or Kenyon Martin play. Previous to that sordid win they beat WASHINGTON 114-110 in double overtime, beat MILWAUKEE,103-100, in a thriller that had MILWAUKEE up by 26 points at one time and lost to PHILADELPHIA,99-94, in double OT in a gruelling game that lasted over 3 hours at the WACHOVIA CENTER.Those exhausting games, I believe, are the reason for the collapse in CHICAGO. Teams don't get tired right away after such games because the adrenalin is still flowing. It takes a couple of days to show.
    ATLANTA comes in on 1 days rest after a disappointing game at home vs UTAH. ATLANTA led 72-65 with 8:55 left, but they also collapsed when UTAH went on an 18-4 run.THIS team is very erratic. Three games back they beat DALLAS 111-110 in DALLAS in a very quick paced affair, only to lose by 10 at WASHINGTON in the next game.
    The previous meetings this season saw NEW YORK win at the GARDEN 103-92. Both teams came in on no rest. The other game played at the PHILIPS ARENA in Atlanta saw NEW YORK nip the HAWKS 96-94 on a very lucky Marbury
    3 pointer off the glass with 30 seconds left.
    Tonight Alan Houston has a bruised quadrecep and Tim Thomas, who is making New Yorkers say Kieth who(Van Horn of course) is nursing a pulled groin.I don't know if they will play or not.
    This is a hard game to call, but I think ATLANTA, as erratic as they are will stay with the KNICKS all the way to the end, in a game that I feel the oddsmakers a far off on the total of 197'. It won't even come close to that.
    Everybody plays the fool, sometimes...there is no exception to the rule!!!!!
Working...
X