Todays Thoughts :

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Todays Thoughts :

After a 5-2 on totals yesterday ( I said no-play on Wis./Pitt and it pushed , go figure ? ) And unlike some others they where posted with humility and not flag-waved afterwards .

And as we head into this Sweet-16 round I see some dogs have made the dance and at the top of the list is Nevada / Reno & UAB & Alabama & Vanderbilt & less surprising Xavier .

Top contenders have to be U. Conn & Duke at this point and close seconds contain a list of who`s who this year :

Texas ( remember me ? )
    Ill.
    Okla. St.
    Wake Forrest
    G. Tech
    Pitt. ( remember me ? )
    St. Joes
    Syracuse
    Kansas

Of those I feel as though Duke advances over Ill. ( points could be interesting ? ) , Texas puts out a fire ( Xavier ) , Syracuse gets rid of those pesky guys from Ala. , U. Conn takes down a valiant Vanderbilt club , G. Tech put a end to great-run by Nevada (points again ? ) , Wake holds off St. Joes (points?) , Pitt. & Okla. St is the toughest one to figure , And last but not least I feel like UAB can give Kansas more than she wants .

When time permits I will cap them and toss-out some numbers and hope I can guess another wonderful under like the G. Tech / B.C. game which I unloaded on (lowest total of the year for G. Tech ) .

Till then , the best to you all !!!

G.L.

***MMM***

" The Wind Does Not Wait For The Tree To Bend "

Sweep (almost)

MM: I have that itchy feeling that come Thursday evening, you may have swept the board (sides only). However, one game that I strongly feel that you have to take a second look is the Wake/St Joe contest. I strongly feel that St Joe is about to due damage to Wake. Minus the Xavier game, St Joe has taken care of business (ats) most of the time during the season. And that includes the January 17th game against the same Xavier team that was beaten at Xavier by the score of 81-73. I know that one will argue SCHEDULE, but the bottom line is, the season is just about over, and the odds maker, I feel, is a lot smarter then most of us layman. He has made the Hawk the favorite, and for a good reason.

Stripe :angryfire
    yah mon!!!

Comment

Stripe :

Time tells all and history as my judge will either side with-me or against-me . Its been a scary year and I feel strongly about that game because of all the intangibles and a neutral court syndrome applys here .

Texas Tech played thier game with St. Joes according to script with few if any surprises and the 70 to 65 score was about norm , on the otherhand I think the Demons are a classic match-up with the Joeys and will display far better guard play ( St Joes Heel ) and maybe even outclass the best back-court in the nation.

Niether one has outstanding post-up players and it will be won or lost by the guards and the feeling here is the Demons are a bit deeper at that position. Shooting percentages will come into play here so I lean towards the better defense and deeper-bench and of course a far tougher conference has tempered the Decons well .

I also think that if Texas Tech took them to the wire , that Wake will push far harder here than Knights club did. Close game no doubt , but I will ride the numbers (once again) and expect it to come down to a buzzer-beater type game will the Deaks pulling out a close one and I will also do a ML play on them.

NIT Tonite :

I expect all home clubs to cover the number and simply love two overs , but expect all games to jump the over as well .

1120 - 836 - 49 YTD / ATS ( College B-Ball)

G.L.

***MMM***

no baseball today

Comment

MemphisMafia

I am new to the site and was curious if one of the overs you LOVE tonight is the Neb/Hawaii matchup at 133 I want to hit the over in this game hard but was curious if you liked it as much or not. Thanks for any info you can give me!!!

Comment

My guess is RU and Hawai'i are the OVERS of choice.

But don't quote me on that.
          The Rice Truck is NEVER Wrong!!!

Comment

Toppick 1

Bingo ..... Brass-Ring Time !

G.L.

***MMM***

:cool: :cool: :cool:

Comment

MemphisMafia

Thanks let's get this together!!!! Good luck.....:D

Comment

Originally posted by bigjimt
                My guess is RU and Hawai'i are the OVERS of choice.

But don't quote me on that.
                I favor the over in the Michigan / Oklahoma match-up a tad better than the Scarlet-Knights game , but none the less its a Home/Over type night here >

G.L.

***MMM***

ps - Thanks Top , you-2

Comment

Re: Todays Thoughts :

Originally posted by MemphisMafia
                  After a 5-2 on totals yesterday ( I said no-play on Wis./Pitt and it pushed , go figure ? ) And unlike some others they where posted with humility and not flag-waved afterwards .

And as we head into this Sweet-16 round I see some dogs have made the dance and at the top of the list is Nevada / Reno & UAB & Alabama & Vanderbilt & less surprising Xavier .

Top contenders have to be U. Conn & Duke at this point and close seconds contain a list of who`s who this year :

Texas ( remember me ? )
                  Ill.
                  Okla. St.
                  Wake Forrest
                  G. Tech
                  Pitt. ( remember me ? )
                  St. Joes
                  Syracuse
                  Kansas

Of those I feel as though Duke advances over Ill. ( points could be interesting ? ) , Texas puts out a fire ( Xavier ) , Syracuse gets rid of those pesky guys from Ala. , U. Conn takes down a valiant Vanderbilt club , G. Tech put a end to great-run by Nevada (points again ? ) , Wake holds off St. Joes (points?) , Pitt. & Okla. St is the toughest one to figure , And last but not least I feel like UAB can give Kansas more than she wants .

When time permits I will cap them and toss-out some numbers and hope I can guess another wonderful under like the G. Tech / B.C. game which I unloaded on (lowest total of the year for G. Tech ) .

Till then , the best to you all !!!

Plays :

UAB : ML & +4 / o/155
                  G. Tech - 4.5 & "Over" 151.5
                  Wake Forrest ML & + 2.5 / u/156.5
                  Pitt. ML & + 1.5 u/128
                  Ill. + 7.5 & o/145.5
                  Texas - 2.5 / " Over " 142 *****
                  Sryacuse - 1.5 & o/135
                  U. Conn - 8.5 & o/140.5

G.L.

***MMM***

Comment

3-1 Totals & :

a split 2-2 on sides , but hit the big-one. Which brings me to todays NIT action albeit small but tough to cap.

Iowa St vs Fla. St - 8.5 (144) :

Have to go with a under here which in turn plays into Iowa St`s hands for a cover , knowing thier road record leaves one little lea-way but feel a 4 to 7 point is in order.

Bosie St. vs Marquette - 4 (147) :

Again a under appears to loom here , I think the numbers a tad high and the Bronco`s are a little shy on the road (point-wise) . I also lay with the dog on this one .

George Mason vs Oregon - 8 (145) :

Oregon has a bit of trouble hitting the mark @ home and its the only thing to lean on here. They dont hit the over often at home but playing a shooters club tonight it could be a turn in events . The Po-boys are on a tear lately covering the last 9 but a trip to the Rainy Neck of the Woods seems like a strech so I am laying with the fav here and favor a change in the numbers for a over also.

1126 - 839 - 49 YTD / ATS (College B-Ball)

G.L.

***MMM***

Comment

Adding

A four-way :

U. Conn - 8.5
                      Wake F. + 2.5
                      Over (142) Xavier/ Texas
                      Over (151.5) Nevada/ G. Tech

* = **********

G.L.

***MMM***

Comment

mmm

Can't wait for baseball season. :D :D

FYI- I started playing spring training games. I was 4-1 today. The only lose was the DevilRays took a shot with them

The Parlay Partners will be ready for the start of the season

GL this weekend on your NCAA plays
                        1 of 1 Morons

Comment

Homer :

Iowa St. vs Fla St - 8.5 (144)

Have to go with a under here which in turn plays into Iowa St`s hands for a cover , knowing thier road record leaves one little lea-way but feel a 4 to 7 point is in order.

At 33 to 20 @ halftime , the under looks like a wash here , Iowa St`s playing according to script and will let the backdoor in at a later stage of the game .

I am glad to hear your getting your feet-wet and look forward to the ole "One-Two Punch" in horsehide action this season . I stand at 22-8-1 in preseason so far and want it to start like yesterday

Thanks for the well wishes and Congrats again on a very fine day yesterday , I knew they couldnt hold you down long !

I will also be glad when I can concentrate more on my pups and leave this round-ball alone for a few months but as a hobby its really been a nice stocking-stuffer this year .

G.L.

***MMM***

Comment

So oftens the case :

As you post a winner at four o`clock in the morning and someone else gets all the mojo .

1-0 totals (looks like 2-0)
                            1-0 sides ( ? )
                            And the " cou-de-gruff " to be decided later !

G.L.

***MMM***

Comment

Was Boise a play for you?
                              Pre-ban 1-0 (+1.00)
                              Post ban 6-4 (+3.90)

Comment

Working...
                              X