Wayne

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wayne

We talked about buying the 1/2 point in games where the line is -5 to +5, and I did some math, and found out something very amazing.

Just in the last week, if I had bought the half point on all games in that range, I would be up an additional 80.4 units!!!!!!!! I figured out buying the 1/2 point on games 6 to 9 and I would have lost an extra 4.1 units.

I'm still in shock, and frankly sick to my stomach when I did the math. I'm definitely a believer and will buy that 1/2 point the rest of the way through the tourney. Just wish I had gotten in on this discussion a week ago!

I'm amazed at the people here who have said it's useless in College Hoops!

Next time you are laying -2.5 and it is a 4 pt. game with a minute to go let me know how much that "Hook" scares you.

These games for the most part are "Barn Burners" when it comes to the spread. I don't buy any 1/2's for the most part in the regular season but when the tourney's start you have to consider it. It is amazing how little you give up to get rid of Vegas and their favorite weapon, the "Hook". All you pay is .10 on the Dollar. It is not a bad deal and i think you only need it to give you 1 push every 10 or 11 times to make you money.

Glad i could hopefully help in saving you a few units come tourney time.

Good Luck Brother! :D

Comment

No Doubt About It :

Its a great weapon when used right , and this time of the year is the right time !

Anywhere between 1 to 5 the hooks put in to kill ya , learn to use it like they do and you will benifit greatly . This coming from a juice-payin son-of-a-gun here and its a no brainer to have it in your arsenal !

G.L.

***MMM***

:cool: :cool: :cool:
      " The Wind Does Not Wait For The Tree To Bend "

Comment

The Hook

Your analysis is perfect. The linesmakers are just too good at this time of year as the season goes on and the number of games goes down. If the line is 5, paying an extra 10% to buy the hook gets you fair value. If the line is less than 5, you are getting getting more than 10% protection against the line for only a 10% investment.

Pwong

Comment

Working...
        X